Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)
  • iPad 5
  • zilog6128

If you want to control a Wahoo Kickr, for example, Apple is your only choice at the moment.

miketually » 🙂
    There’s a pretty big list of other bluetooth smart devices as well. http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Bluetooth-Smart-Devices-List.aspx
    But of course, since none of them interest you personally, they’re all worthless obviously. 🙄

Drac

toby1

Why do these threads exist, some people care, some people don’t some people will, some people won’t!

[EDIT] – yep, what Drac said!

miketually
    Free Member

You seem to be ignorant as regards the meaning of quantify

I should have warned that that site contains humour. You did see all the numbers though?

miketually
    Free Member

Why do these threads exist, some people care, some people don’t some people will, some people won’t!

And some people care too much about whether people care, and what about 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

Going back to my question. Can the homework be done by pen and paper? Or is an iPad needed to carry out this task?

zilog6128

I should have warned that that site contains humour. You did see all the numbers though?

Knowing the difference in the diameter, contact patch, etc, does not tell you how much better the wheels are to ride. Which is the whole point of the 650b debate. Do you need it explained to you slower?

miketually
    Free Member

Knowing the difference in the diameter, contact patch, etc, does not tell you how much better the wheels are to ride. Which is the whole point of the 650b debate.

But it gives pointers, surely? Knowing the screen resolution of a tablet doesn’t tell you what a screen is like to look at.

miketually
    Free Member

There’s a pretty big list of other bluetooth smart devices as well. http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Bluetooth-Smart-Devices-List.aspx

That sites lists lots of non-iOS devices too.

grum
    Free Member

That sites lists lots of non-iOS devices too.

Dear god man. Nobody claimed Apple had a monopoly on bluetooth did they – just that bluetooth is sometimes useful and that all Apple stuff has it.

Shifting the goalposts again. 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

bluetooth is sometimes useful and that all Apple stuff has it

Meaning you always pay for Bluetooth, regardless of need – a downside of Apple products. (Which puts the goalposts back where they were?)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Btw, thanks for clearing up the Flash thing for me grum. 🙂

Nick

All we need are food, water and shelter.

Sorry that wasn’t the point I was trying to make, which was why don’t you just buy whichever tablet you want instead of arguing about why you won’t buy an iPad Mini?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s gone from moving the goalposts to splitting hairs now.

grum
    Free Member

Meaning you always pay for Bluetooth, regardless of need – a downside of Apple products. (Which puts the goalposts back where they were?)

Well nobody ‘needs’ a tablet computer at all do they – so ‘need’ is largely irrelevant. Personally I use bluetooth all the time so I’m not sure why having it would be a downside for me. 😕

Seeing as you are so against overpaying – why buy a tablet at all?

Btw, thanks for clearing up the Flash thing for me grum.

🙂

miketually
    Free Member

why buy a tablet at all?

I haven’t bought a tablet.

miketually
    Free Member

That’s gone from moving the goalposts to splitting hairs now.

We’re beyond page 2 of a STW thread 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I haven’t bought a tablet.

😆

Are you interested in buying one? Are you sure you need it?

miketually
    Free Member

Are you interested in buying one? Are you sure you need it?

I looked into it, but since I don’t have an iPhone with a pokey little screen I decided that I didn’t ‘need’ one 😉

grum
    Free Member

OK, so you’re arguing about the relative merits of products which you neither own nor are interested in purchasing.

Hmm, maybe I should sign up to a yachting forum and offer up some of my opinions on gear.

😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Coming soon to a forum near you: miketually talks about the latest mid range hatchback offerings from BMW, VW and Audi. (He will not be testing the Bluetooth hands free options though, sorry folks.)

grum
    Free Member

🙂

footflaps

The incremental cost of Bluetooth over Wifi is about 0.01$. They all come bundled on the same Silicon designed by our next door neighbour at work, CSR…..

miketually
    Free Member

OK, so you’re arguing about the relative merits of products which you neither own nor are interested in purchasing.

My daughter will be leasing an iPad in September and I’ve also been involved in trials of both iOS, Android and ChromeOS devices at work.

Hmm, maybe I should sign up to a yachting forum and offer up some of my opinions on gear.

Do you work with boats?

miketually
    Free Member

Coming soon to a forum near you: miketually talks about the latest mid range hatchback offerings from BMW, VW and Audi.

🙂

Though that analogy would only totally work if I was a mechanic or driving instructor.

miketually
    Free Member

The incremental cost of Bluetooth over Wifi is about 0.01$. They all come bundled on the same Silicon designed by our next door neighbour at work, CSR…..

One cent at the factory door becomes about $50 once you slap an Apple on it though 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Do you work with boats?

I’ve been on boats quite a few times. That’s good enough I think.

Though that analogy would only totally work if I was a mechanic or driving instructor.

Or just someone who has to drive for work sometimes – like most people.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve been on boats quite a few times. That’s good enough I think.

Then go for it.

zilog6128

Then go for it.

He probably won’t though, unless he wants to end up looking like a nob 😆

miketually
    Free Member

He probably won’t though, unless he wants to end up looking like a nob

That depends upon:
    * how much he cares;
    * how bored he is.

GrahamS

> The incremental cost of Bluetooth over Wifi is about 0.01$.

One cent at the factory door becomes about $50 once you slap an Apple on it though

Says the man who claimed a non-Apple tablet costing £140 more than the iPad Mini was justified because it has a keyboard.

You can pick up a decent Bluetooth keyboard for a tenner.
    Though obviously that means you’d have to use Bluetooth. 😀

DrJ

Meaning you always pay for Bluetooth, regardless of need – a downside of Apple products.

You’re right – my iPad has 16 Gb of storage, but I only use 15.2 Gb. Apple made me buy an extra .8 Gb regardless of the fact that I didn’t need it 🙁

iolo
    Free Member

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE HOMEWORK!!!
    £1 pad (paper) and 50p pencil or £700 iPad.
    Which is it to be?

Kryton57

An iPad, obviously.

miketually
    Free Member

Says the man who claimed a non-Apple tablet costing £140 more than the iPad Mini was justified because it has a keyboard.

The ASUS Transformer has a 10″ screen, doesn’t it? It’s also got 32GB of storage, so costs just £20 more than the equivalent iPad but you get a keyboard 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE HOMEWORK!!!
    £1 pad (paper) and 50p pencil or £700 iPad.
    Which is it to be?

Is the homework task distributed and handed in on the school’s VLE? I find paper rubbish for upload speed.

nealglover
    Free Member

The ASUS Transformer has a 10″ screen, doesn’t it? It’s also got 32GB of storage, so costs just £20 more than the equivalent iPad but you get a keyboard

I don’t want a keyboard.

I never use one.

cybicle
    Free Member

cybicle
    Free Member

But one product Apple have recently developed which does seem revolutionary, yet isn’t getting much attention, is the new Mac Pro.

🙁

So, no-one interested in a revolutionary designed new computer then?

Apple needn’t have bothered.

grum
    Free Member

So, no-one interested in a revolutionary designed new computer then?

a) They announced it ages ago
    b) It’s a pretty high-cost niche product that’s really only designed for media professionals

I’d love one but realistically I can’t justify/afford it. It does look cool though.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘iPad 5’ is closed to new replies.