Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Subjects that inspire you to open a vein
  • grantmccall63
    Free Member

Overheard a couple of middle aged men in a coffee shop gushing about alloy wheels and various add ons so my opener for this thread is CARS

zokes
    Free Member

I presume you mean open an artery? Opening a vein would be a bit pointless

cheez0
    Free Member

What are you bleedin on about?

Jamie
    Free Member

People listening in on others conversations, and then having the temerity to slag off their interests.

/switcheroo

Sandwich

Opening a vein would be a bit pointless

One of the big ones in the lower leg would do it, slowly.

The minutiae of someones journey, including why they didn’t use the “A five hundred and eleventy-one” to get here, there or anywhere!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Football
    Old american ladies discussing what plastic surgery to get.
    Golf
    Work… outwith work.
    Boyfriend/girlfriend troubles

BobaFatt
    Free Member

My cars more powerful than your car
    My jobs better/higher paid than your job
    My kid is better than yours
    My house is better than yours
    My *insert whatever you want in here* is better than yours

Till the end of time

jools182
    Free Member

Football, One Direction, anything on the Jeremy Vine show

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’m a football fan but I do have other far greater interests. So one thing that does get me is “what am I gonna do when the football season ends” and “I can’t wait for the football season to start”
    Do these **** not have a life, do something else or watch another sport.

Also the “getting on it tonight” so all you have to look forward to is spinning £50 on alcohol to feel like shit till you go back to work. Utter knobs.

stumpy01

Football

Endless talk of people’s kids

Conversations with people who only seem to talk to tell you how rich/successful/clever they are or come out with constant ‘ yeah I did that but faster, higher, better, longer…

Jamie
    Free Member

This will be a cheerful thread for a wet weekend….

Cougar

Football

+n, surprised it’s so common a choice.

I don’t mind football in and of itself, but it’s the pointless minutiae continually obsessed over by armchair ‘experts’ that drives me up the wall. That and “sports news” == “football news” whenever you put the TV / radio on, there’s just no getting away from it.

ton

cycling…..bores me shytless nowadays.

piemonster

My cars more powerful than your car
    My jobs better/higher paid than your job
    My kid is better than yours
    My house is better than yours
    My *insert whatever you want in here* is better than yours

Till the end of time

You are Mr D Head Doyle former TNT contract manager and I claim my £5

piemonster

but it’s the pointless minutiae continually obsessed over by armchair ‘experts’ that drives me up the wall

😀 that attitude and you’re a mod on THIS forum 😯

boxfish
    Free Member

Soap operas.

Jamie
    Free Member

that attitude and you’re a mod on THIS forum

What tyres for hypocrisy?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Roads. People who just love talking about roads and routes. People who can list every A road and junction and tell you why going down the A5 would have been a better option.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Immigrants and Benefits. There may be real issues involved, but everything you’ve just said is a load of warm horse droppings on my carpet.

Oh and Christmas. Humbugs.

dazzlingboy

that attitude and you’re a mod on THIS forum

Classic!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and then SHE said….

ononeorange

I’m with the op on this one and the ego extensions that are cars. Fortunately, very few own one in my office so I am generally spared it, but stw often makes up for that.

mtbben
    Free Member

Wheel size!

Stiggy

Wheel size +1

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

How pointlessly big so and so’s house is, and how much it’s worth.

RustySpanner

Other people’s relationships.

Duggan

I quite like to keep up with current affairs in the news but even though it’s vitally important I just cannot bring myself to read or care about anything to do with the NHS.

I’ll even read about some new fishing legislation or other but as soon as I I hear about patient numbers, bed numbers, consultants or hospital performance it makes me lose the will to live. Which is slightly ironic I suppose.

youngrob

Other peoples holidays/nights out
    Technical bike nonsense – “I’ve changed to a 48-34-20 at the front and it’s made a huuuuge difference”
    Football – I’m from Glasgow and used to love it as a kid but can’t stand the religious side of it now. It seems to be worse these days since Rangers demise. Just really boring.

ivantate
    Free Member

How good Audi’s are
    How ugly Orange 5s are
    How hard people work

stufive
    Free Member

Moaning about work, If you dont like it **** off

kilo

children, pretty much always bores the tits of me.

avdave2

None, there are no subjects on which I can’t put people right. 🙂

binners

Anything horribly middle class. So if anyone starts banging on about either property prices or OFSTED reports, or schools generally, then my mind immediately drifts off into a vision of them being beaten to death with copies of the Daily Mail!

PiknMix
    Free Member

What really boils my pee is when people very casually use the phrase it makes me want to slit my wrists or other such variants.

If you have ever been in the position to actually slit your wrists you would understand that in fact the annoyance you feel about football, cars etc is exactly that, a mild annoyance

😉

MrOvershoot

binners – Member

Anything horribly middle class. So if anyone starts banging on about either property prices or OFSTED reports, or schools generally, then my mind immediately drifts off into a vision of them being beaten to death with copies of the Daily Mail!

Yep me too and if I’m honest I am middle class but one thing both my parents instilled in me was its not who you are its what you do for others that’s important.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Girly conversations at work as they usually centre around diet, crap telly and shopping

They dont like my lifestyle suggestion of ‘buy a bike ignore the tv and ride it’ – seems too much like hard work when you could be stuffing you face on the sofa I imagine

edhornby

Head cam footage

konabunny
    Free Member

if I’m honest I am middle class

It must be a burden for you, brother, but stay strong. Stay strong.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

+1

Education and housing are completely irrelevant in todays’s society.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Discusions asbout the very latest must-have consumer technology, and the latest social media, or photo sharing, or gaming, or latest hot app site… I don’t want to slaah my wrists, but the people whose ‘life’ is composed of such guff…

And don’t get me started on celebs or ‘reality’ TV…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Subjects that inspire you to open a vein’ is closed to new replies.