Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Internet Rummagings – Tom’s Christmas Baubles
  • tomhoward

Season’s greetings and welcome to this edition of Internet Rummagings where, rather than doing my Christmas shopping on the internet I once again have …

By tomhoward

Get the full story on our front page at:

Internet Rummagings – Tom’s Christmas Baubles

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

integra

The Mythos stem just looks unfinished, for that price I’d want a better quality finish. Will have to have a look at Dward’s website again as not been on it for a while, can feel the wallet groaning already.

Northwind

They’ve chosen to have the mythos stem look like that to make a conversation point of the manufacturing process- “why does it look like that?” “Oh this old thing? It’s 3d printed, only cost me £300”. Same as Hope machining marks but more so.

sharkattack

I like the KOM hubs and rotors. I’ve always thought existing mtb hubs, axles, bearings etc were weirdly small and fragile considering the abuse they get. Obviously I’m not a problem-solving, mechanical engineer so I’ll have to spend £750 to find out if they’re any good.

tomhoward

I’ll have to spend £750 to find out if they’re any good.

Mine have been trouble free. Only slight faff was changing a rotor on the rear, as you have to remove the drive ring, taking care not to lose the hub pawls, but other than that, all good.

That being said, there’s plenty of hubs that are trouble free and are cheaper, can’t say I ever had issues with axles, I just liked the idea of something different.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.