Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Internet dating dilemma
  • pk-ripper
    Free Member

Ok, so it’s probably a case of the grass is greener and that sort of thing, but the scenario is this, for my, err, mate…

He’s met a girl through the Internet, about a month ago and seen her about 8 or so times and has got on well, to the extent that it could be considered the early stages of a relationship. But say yesterday he got an email from someone through the same website that he’s seen around the local area and thought ‘cor blimey, she’s gorgeous!’ and comes across really well in a description too.

So, he’s tempted to reply, but at the same time recognizes that he’s currently seeing a really nice girl and is it worth jeopardizing that? My gut feel is no but, err, he’s not sure.

So, is there a standard protocol to this? Should my advice to him be to be more than happy with the nice girl he’s got and could conceivably be considered as punching above his weight anyway?

It’s a modern dilemma for the modern man. What say the socially skilled and socially underskilled that frequent these parts?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Is there the opportunity for both together at the same time? You could ask & it could be fun, if tiring 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe you should mail her and leave your “mate” with his current project

djglover
    Free Member

Suggest a 3some?

Or just go behind her back..

Surfr
    Free Member

We’re going to need pics to sort this one out.

hora
    Free Member

Honest opinion? Your mate has seen a nice girl 8 times already. Give it a chance. (When do you stop browsing/shopping? springs to mind otherwise).

Ps. I’d also mention to your mate to remove his ‘single’/available tag or profile from there as well. If this relationship develops, the first girl may pop on there to see if you are still on/active then its dumpsville. Not bad? What happens if you mate felt a fool and really liked her?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Your mate’s not in a relationship yet?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it’s not Gary is it

the girl i mean, not your errr….mate

sofatester
    Free Member

Has your mate (you) slept with this girl yet? Or is he still on the tell me your life stories and go for dinners stage? It makes a difference, to some.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Tannoy*

FatSimon to the Forum please…

*TAnnoy*

chakaping
    Free Member

They say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Although it probably has the wrong connotations here.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I bet girl1 has set up a new account as girl2 to test mate1 isn’t a complete and utter ****.

hora
    Free Member

Playing with fire?
    Be the eternal Glenn Quagmire?
    Or..
    Met a grounded, well-adjusted girl who is settling?

shortcut

Having experienced this first hand and also talked to some girl friends about it, imho your ‘friend’ should think take up the offer of the second girl he also fancies.

This is because, although he may have seen the other girl a number of times he has no idea what else she is up to. So if he feels he wants to go for it he should. If however he is considering ‘going exclusive’ with the 8 date girl he should have that conversation with her so they both know where they stand.

Don’t let him restrict himself when he doesn’t have to. She won’t. Probably.

HTH 😯

Good luck!

Moses

A polite letter back, saying “sorry, just entered into a relationship, but just in case, what’s your number?” So she’s easy to find if the current dating breaks down

firestarter
    Free Member

my mate joined one of these sites once separated and he was getting loads of action 😉 fill your boots 😉

hora
    Free Member

fill your boots

Surely he is filling something else? 8)

scotia
    Free Member

*Tannoy*

FatSimon to the Forum please…

*TAnnoy*

PMSL!!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Mmw, no it’s not Gary! My mate likes the ladies not fixie-fakengers…

enfht
    Free Member

Meet the new bird but wear a diguise and put on a fake accent, thats my advice

aleigh
    Free Member

The fact your mate is asking this question means he’s not ready for a relationship!

hora
    Free Member

Are we talking Russian or Thai brides PK?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

aleigh – Member
    The fact your mate is asking this question means he’s not ready for a relationship!

I can assure you he is, he just wants to be sure about it as he genuinely wants to settle down with a great person.

hora
    Free Member

aleigh, he might be in the same position as me…….eyes bigger than his…… 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sus out of the stunna has anything between her ears before checking out whats between her……………………………………………………………………………………………

hora
    Free Member

mikew surely its the other way round. Imagine she had the ugliest Labia known to man..

BigDummy
    Free Member

There will always be someone who might have been better.

aleigh
    Free Member

I can assure you he is, he just wants to be sure about it as he genuinely wants to settle down with a great person.

But in my eyes if she was the right one there would be no hesitation. Tell him to stop being a plank and enjoy being with the girl he’s been seeing! Also tell him to forget anyone else that may flutter their eyelashes at him (unlike hora who just can’t help himself 😉 )

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You have known the girl for a total of one month and been out 8 times FFS – hardly the point at which you owe her anything.

Had it been 8 months then maybe it would be a little bit different a dilemma.

I say go out with the other girl once or twice, just see how you get on, if you still think she is a better bet the Girl A then you know what to do.

hora
    Free Member

Its true. I was considering taking Bromide or employing binners to geld me 😯

Hang on. GO FOR IT FELLA. In a few years your woman pulling abilities may dry up. I say tap them as much as you can whilst you can.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

^^^ Agree with Aleigh that if Girl A was perfect and you already know it, then you wouldn’t be asking the question. But it doesn’t alway happen like that – sometimes relationships are instantly right, sometimes it takes a little longer to know what you want from them.

richc
    Free Member

depends on if you don’t mind never seeing the 1st girl again. If you are not bothered then go for it.

davidrussell
    Free Member

has he got really good eyesight?

hora
    Free Member

has he got really good eyesight?

Debatable- have you seen PK’s friend? 8)

richc, succinctly put.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I don’t think it counts as a ‘relationship’ after only 8 dates. Meet the new one and see what you, sorry, he thinks. Make sure ‘he’ doesn’t keep the other girl on the back burner for too long, that’s just not right.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whatever you do make sure you suit up

richc
    Free Member

another way to look at it, how would you feel if you found out she was shopping around just to double check. Would you be OK about it? or bin her?

The answer to that, should make the decision easy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Any adult who thinks s/he has any say on what someone else does after only knowing them a month has serious issues IMO. Surely after such a short time it is open season?

I know I would never expect anything from a girl after knowing her for such a short time and if someone expected more from me I would walk away myself because if they are like that at month one, what TF would they be like after a year…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

at this point we need to define relationship, has he
    A) Paid for dinner and drinks a lot be always returned home alone
    B) had a quick fumble
    C) got to know here well
    D) Got to know her in ways that would make a FatSimon proud

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    at this point we need to define relationship, has he

D) Got to know her in ways that would make a FatSimon proud

Boffed her best mate and her mum?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Internet dating dilemma’ is closed to new replies.