Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • I’m in need of some support from you lot (Sad content I’m afraid)
  • blurty

I was ultimately glad I spoke at my mum’s funeral, it was hard at the time.
    Courage mon brave. Best wishes.

oldtennisshoes

Lovely photos – even managed to get a bike in 🙂

Houns

Beautiful pictures.

There’s nothing I can say that’ll help, but we’re all here for you

gnusmas

I guess being her carer as well as her husband has cut such a hole in my life that I have felt almost guilty that I’m still here and she’s not?

It’s a natural feeling. I went through the same wave of emotions, I was Lyanda’s carer and husband too. It’s difficult to sum up the emotional roller-coaster in a few words, that’s why I wrote my blog. You will find the strength to do it, honouring her will spur you on. Don’t worry about crying, it helps, if only for a short while at a time.

This place has become my sanctuary and my sanity, its full of amazing people. Honestly, please get in touch if you need too at any point.

Cletus

So sorry for your loss. I would second the suggestion of having someone you trust available to take over if needed (relative, friend or vicar).

It might also help if you had some form of momento in your pocket to hold onto and feel connected to your wife by – maybe a piece of jewelry that you bought her and she treasured or some small thing from a memorable holiday you shared together.

Take care

kayak23

Lovely words and lovely pictures. Sending you virtual strength. 🙏

MrOvershoot

Thanks gnusmas I will be in touch, don’t worry I have 2 backups one is my god-daughter and the other is the vicar.

singletrackmind

Not much to add really that hasnt already been covered
    +1 keep something in your pocket that had a meaning , it should help

Funerals are a roller coaster of emotions. Plunging lows and deep despair , and feeling elated by the kindness shown by others on the day , meeting with people whom you may not have seen so much recently , to quiet solitude and reflection

This I do know. After the ceremony a great weight will be lifted and you will feel a release from the worry of not looking making a complete tool of yourself , which is ok and everyone will understand, and you can share memories with friends and family.

and dont get hammered , it never ends well.

jkomo

Very sorry for your loss. Wishing you the best for tomorrow.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It has to be a celebration of her life, or your life together, and how much she brought to you and everyone else. She hasn’t gone, she just isn’t here… As long as you remember her, she is still here.

Rich_s

Nige – there’s nothing I can add to all the lovely words written above. I’ll be thinking of you both tomorrow and especially around 1pm I’ll send you a virtual man-hug which I hope in some small way might be of assistance.
    Look forward to seeing you soon mate.

tenfoot

So sorry to hear this. I remember some of your posts down through the years. Survivor guilt must be a natural thing but you have no need to feel guilty. Your wife’s last few years will have undoubtedly been made easier with your love and dedication.

shooterman

Truly sorry to read this. So sorry for your loss.

senorj

Sincere Condolences to you and yours.

mogrim

Not much I can add to the above, my condolences for your loss.

neilnevill
    Free Member

So sorry for your loss.

It’s alright to cry when doing the reading. If you fear you may be in bits and unable to complete it, maybe ask someone to be ready to step up and help.
    I found a simple reading at my dad’s funeral very hard… My brother’s eulogy had me blabbing!

Dickyboy

Will be thinking of you today, hope you manage to get through the day and feel okay about it all later whatever happens.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nothing much more to add other than my deepest sympathies for your loss.

I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for you.

Marin
    Free Member

All of the above mate written far better than I’d manage. If you need a spin out in the future I’m available for a trip out for coffe and ice cream.

chrisridesbikes
    Free Member

Thoughts are with you at the moment. Keep those good people around you.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I forgot to say, sometimes the hardest time is immediately after the wake. You’ll have been focused on the funeral and then the wake and speaking to other morners, then it’s time for them to go and you go home with a big hole you are suddenly aware of in a new way. Hug those closest to you, stay connected to then and you’ll work through it all together.

bearnecessities

I’ve been thinking of you a lot today, Mr O..as probably many of us have.

Whether you maintained composed or cried, I can’t imagine what a day it must have been for you.

My thoughts are with you.

MrOvershoot

Superb support from you all gave me the strength through today with only one little wobble during the final piece of music (Song to the Siren)
    Luckily as I was doing the tribute I had to put on my reading glasses so the assembled masses were a bit of a blur.
    According to a cycling friend at the funeral it was the most heartfelt tribute he had ever heard and there was a lot of tears!
    Thankfully I’m staying down in the Cotswolds with Carolyn’s parents for the rest of the week so we can give each other support

The Poppy themed funeral was widely appreciated with a painted coffin and lots of colour

pondo

Manhugs – I simply can’t imagine what you’re all going through.

TiRed

Press some of the poppies and put them in a frame. We had multi coloured flowers (some in the shape of a poodle – don’t ask 🙂 ) and each child has a frame of dried flowers still with their name on it.

Well done. Was thinking of you today.

Bunnyhop

I am so sorry for your loss.

Carolyn is indeed a beautiful lady.

Well done for getting through what must have been one of the most difficult days of your young life. Stay with your in laws for as long as you can.

We’re all here for you in the coming months and years.

bunnyhop x

bearnecessities

Well done. Glad to hear it went as well as can be expected.

Hope you have a good week with Carolyn’s parents; as usual, sounds like you’ve done a great job 🙂

jamj1974

So glad it went as well as it could.

RustySpanner

Ah man, so sorry for your loss.

You are a genuinely lovely bloke and Sue and I both send best wishes and our love.

Pop round if you fancy a brew, kettles always on, be good to see you.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.