Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • If you could only have 1 mountain bike…
  • tjaard

Most people only have one mtb, so hardly unusual. In fact, outside of bike forums, most people only have one bike period, gasp!

Anyway, the best bike for you is diffident than for me. Where do you ride, what style of riding do you have, how tall are you, what bike brands does your preferred shop spec all influence your choice.

It’s cool that there are so many good bikes out there these days, and a very broad variety. Add in some customization, and everyone can ride the bike they like best.

My current MTB is a Bird AM9 with some serious modeifications.

Our local trails are not long and steep, so a 120-150mm travel bike suits me well.
    I like big tires.

mahalo

whenever i have had more than one bike, nothing but the newest ever got used and the older ones were often raided for parts so got rid and just have one now.

andyv
    Free Member

On-One Fatty. Not particularly good at anything but makes me smile, is dead simple with no suspension, low level x5 groupset, and always the first bike out the garage. Tbh i might as well get rid of the other 4 mtb types as they gather dust. (not a bike collecter, just a crap seller)

mountainmonkey2.0
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses so far – I’ve really enjoyed reading through them & getting a little glimpse into different people’s riding psyches.

Diversity is ace, innit.

I can’t wait to get a mtb bike (any mtb bike!) & get out riding again, but in the meantime, this thread is great entertainment & is keeping the dream alive, so please keep um coming.

core

My Cotic Flare, can do everything I want. Can’t see me ever retiring it unless I can’t get parts.

lotto
    Free Member

Jones Plus. The Jones Plus is a bike for riding fast, slow, the rough with the smooth; safely, aggressively, laid-back or raging; with a big load or stripped to the bare essentials; on road, dirt, mud, snow; in the mountains, on the flat lands, around town or across the county; around the world or your local loop; for getting rad or just getting away. 🤩

adamthekiwi
    Free Member

I have two – my Banshee Spitfire and my custom WaltlyTi hardtail (“Slacker”). I think these will likely be the last two mountain bikes I’ll own and if I was forced to give up one of them it would, very regretfully, be the Spitty.

Slacker is long enough and slack enough to take on trails that are way beyond my skill level (or cajones), but it keeps making me want to try more; it’s also lively enough to take on Wellington’s twisty hillside trails; all that and comfy enough to deal with a long day in the saddle.

Of course, that is assuming I get to keep my drop-bar bikes, one of which is my Salsa Fargo, that takes on bike packing (and touring, and commuting) duties…

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘If you could only have 1 mountain bike…’ is closed to new replies.