Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • I would like to give thanks for Jesus
  • IdleJon

If Jesus was Jewish, why did he have a Mexican name?

Yes, but in Mexico it’s pronounce like a sneeze.

(Which might explain why Christians bless each other so often.)

scraprider
    Free Member

got my pad near the molten lava pool zaskar, lovley view 😈

zaskar
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

hahaha he’s brilliant.
    thanks zaskar 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hey kids, lighten up. It’s holiday time: Christians go worship God, Atheists go worship money/logic/singlespeeds (or whatever it is you do). Live and let live.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Atheism- what’s the point?

As Buzz says; LALL.

Interesting thing about Atheists; they always seem to be attacking something about relion/religious folk. And some can be quite vehement, whilst most religious folk just look on with bemusement, at them.

I take it all you Atheists will be working over the weekend, and on Monday? In fact, surely you have no reason to have any days off, at all? But then, why are you actually working? For what reason? After all, you’re only going to die, so why bother at all?

To each their own, I say.

I shall be celebrating the God Bacchus, this weekend. Mind, I do most all weekends. Every day, if truth be told…

Some nice Christian ladies knocked on my door yesterday, with an invitation to their church’s Easter do. I may toddle down to a local church place on Sunday, as there may be free food on offer, and some nice friendly people to chat to. And I might learn something about how other people think about stuff. I’m sure it will be a pleasant experience.

Preferable to arguing with angry atheists on here.

Happy Thing!

Stoner
    Free Member

I take it all you Atheists will be working over the weekend, and on Monday? In fact, surely you have no reason to have any days off, at all? But then, why are you actually working? For what reason? After all, you’re only going to die, so why bother at all?

you do come up with some ill-thought out rot sometimes fred.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh, sand in yer knickers, Stoner?

You give, you gotta learn to take, Big Boy. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt mind so much if your posts weren’t the intellectual equivalent of watching Eastenders.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

..and yours, like ‘The Money Program’…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

woooooooo bitch fight!!!!!!

scraprider
    Free Member

dont start yet , im off to get a chair and some magners!!!!!!!!!!

postierich
    Free Member

Jesus!!! just got in from the pub and scrolled through the babble on here, have some respect and ride your bike tomorrow whatever the weather 😀
    The Reverand Postierich says so

JonHood
    Free Member

so in summary:

– Religion is sh*t (agreed in my humble opinion, and causes more problems than it supposedly solves or benefits people)

– Respect peoples views or beliefs (agreed)

– If you believe something why get offended when people disagree – or do you really have doubts (goes for extremists in atheism, humanism and ALL religions )

– holidays are good and i couldn’t give a sh*t why we have them but we should have more – but its no reason to create more religions to have a day off, just throw a sicky

– None of you are right as you cant be, regardless of what you think, the fact it is what YOU think means its not the entire truth just your opinion – so get over it

im not religious and im not an atheist – i’m a bikalist.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, I’m not wanting conflict. Stoner’s all right.

have some respect and ride your bike tomorrow whatever the weather

The Reverand Postierich says so

Verily…

zaskar
    Free Member

If you give you have to take (in your stride).

Religion or Athiest-we’re not here very long so enjoy ridng while you can!

hora
    Free Member

Yes, but in Mexico it’s pronounce like a sneeze.

(Which might explain why Christians bless each other so often.)

Post of the day.

IdleJon

Interesting thing about Atheists; they always seem to be attacking something about relion/religious folk. And some can be quite vehement, whilst most religious folk just look on with bemusement, at them.

Missed the last 2000 years of history did we, Rudeboy?

Some nice Christian ladies knocked on my door yesterday, with an invitation to their church’s Easter do.

Had any atheists knocking your door trying to convert you lately?

Now, I must go and stand in the town centre with my megaphone to try and persuade the public that my beliefs are correct. Or shall I go to Morrocco and set up an atheist mission? Perhaps I’ll launch a crusade this week against my local JAM club (Jesus And Me – aimed at pre-schoolers).

I’ll probably do the same as you RB and enjoy a nice bottle of red and watch some rugby, my real religions according to my wife.

hora
    Free Member

If Jesus died for all our sins, does this mean I can commit murder and be forgiven by the authorities? 😐

Why are people killed by Tsunami’s? Are they dying for the Western Worlds sins?

molgrips
    Free Member

I take it all you Atheists will be working over the weekend, and on Monday?

Hmm, our state has historical public holidays, which I am happy to celebrate. Plus you often don’t get the choice 🙂

trailmonkey

As a matter of fact, yes I will. I’ll be guiding people around Dartmoor on their bikes. A pleasurable experience that the church would rather deny my clients as the thought of someone trading on Easter Sunday, might offend those caring souls who wish to force their ideals upon me.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Being in NHS, and seeing how people get sick and hurt themselves, doubtless in church-related incidents, on bank holidays and Sundays – yes, I will.
    Interesting though that there’s no proclamation saying “thou shalt not seek medical treatment on a Sunday (or set fire to you house).

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Missed the last 2000 years of history did we, Rudeboy?

What’s history got to do with this thread/forum? I’m talking about here and now. I am fully aware that religion has had a major part to play in wars and oppression, throughout history.

Had any atheists knocking your door trying to convert you lately?

Bow down to your leader:

And there’s plenty on here, banging on about atheism…

Stoner
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

and even more hyperbolic claptrap

“The Easter story is as powerful and relevant in 2009 as it was when the Gospels were written.

Canon Mark Rylands, chairman of Christians Together in Central Exeter, added: “We are making this Walk of Witness because we want people to know that God cares deeply about this city and those who live here.

“This new hope and life is available for everyone. When there is so much bad news about, it is important to hear good news that can make a difference.”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What’s wrong with that? Stoner; chill.

Hot cross bun?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I am fully aware

that’s questionable

Stoner
    Free Member

What’s wrong with that?

because false promise is just what everyone needs right now.
    Religion: predatory and self-serving.

and I do hope my assumption that you dont mean the post about the anti-abortion crap is correct?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

because false promise is just what everyone needs right now.

What, like ‘if you invest in this or that, you will make lots of money’?

Stoner
    Free Member

indeed.
    and just, er, where have I said anything hypocritical like that? I assume your post was in someway aimed at a perceived hypocrisy in my post?

cant see why I bother with your posts, it’s like trying to argue with a 5 year old. And at about the same educational level.

trailmonkey

What, like ‘if you invest in this or that, you will make lots of money’?

What you saying ? That it’s wrong to be lied to about pork bellies but acceptable to be offered a decent portfolio on soul futures ?

hora
    Free Member

That Aethist girl next to the bus looks like she has nice bangers. Which reminds me- yesterday in the Sauna after the gym I asked someone if they could see the clock/what time it was (I didnt have my glasses on)- girl gets out of the Jacuzzi and I comment ‘they were lovely bangers werent they’? …lad pipes up ‘you cant see the clock but you managed to see her tats clearly’ 😈 🙄 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

cant see why I bother with your posts, it’s like trying to argue with a 5 year old. And at about the same educational level.

Cept that a 5-year old would get bored and give up, after a short while… 😉

Don’t let it wind you up so much, is all I’m saying. I’m with you on the abortion thing, as I believe it’s the choice of the individual, not some institution. Don’t see what right a man (who will never have a partner facing such a dilemma) has to comment, anyway. **** backward, if you ask me. And most Catholics I’ve met don’t worry themselves too much with the issue of contraception; they make their own decisions. As do most religious people the World over. It’s only a (pretty vocal) minority are the ones you need to worry about, not ALL religious types. Get some sense of perspective.

Are you a bit constipated? Maybe try eating a bit more fruit.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Are you a bit constipated? Maybe try eating a bit more fruit.

Wasn’t it eating fruit that started the whole sin thing off? 🙂

SSP

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blimey, yes; you’ve got a point, there…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Best have a bacon buttie and prawn salad…depending on what the big man in the sky says…

SSP

RudeBoy
    Free Member

See, that’s two reasons I coon’t be Jewish! I love bacon and prawns! I’d starve!

Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘I would like to give thanks for Jesus’ is closed to new replies.