I would like to give thanks for Jesus

Home Forum Chat Forum I would like to give thanks for Jesus

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • I would like to give thanks for Jesus
  • Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

No offense to religious peeps

f*** the religeous peeps.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7985596.stm

have a great spring bank holiday.

richc

its easter not spring break, only PC **** call it spring break.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

I think you’ll find that’s atheist ****

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

As far as I am concerned it is Easter, the key festival of the Christian calendar. They can do their thing, I’ll do mine.

🙂

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

I’ll do mine.

Are you sacrificing virgins and bathing in goats blood again like last year BD?

AdamW

Lets face it:

[list][*]bunnies[/*]
    [*]eggs[/*]
    [*]silly morris dancers[/*][/list]

Its all about spring/shagging/rebirth of the world (read: spring) innit? The Jesus thing turned up later. Or are we eating chocolate eggs because the cross on which this chappy was allegedly crucified was brown?

Junkyard

Origins of the name “Easter”:
    Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the “Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos.” 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: “eastre.” Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime.

it is many things but it’s origins are not Christian though they did steal it …. which is a sin I believe 😕

zaskar

I know the basics of Christianity but I am to celebrate religious holiday by riding!

Oh and thanks for the footy link.

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Subscriber

Dammit, the atheist brigade are pushing things too far trying to get Easter renamed “spring break”. Everyone knows that Easter is when Jesus was crucified in a case of mistaken identity on the Friday and comes back to life in the form of a chocolate zombie on the Sunday.

Blasphemers.

richc

exactly, stupid atheists.

IHN

I shall be following Jesus’ example, and getting nailed.

donald

We don’t get public holidays 🙁

zaskar

For giving us the day off tomorrow and on Monday.

Cheers mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUrsUORF4Y

😈

Anyone else thankful?

(No offense to religious peeps)

jesus is great

and not disturbing in any way at all

tyger

He was mocked then as He is today so it would seem?

For you, just a holiday but for others perhaps something more precious – it wouldn’t do any harm to maybe show a little respect me thinks.

For you, just a holiday but for others perhaps something more precious – it wouldn’t do any harm to maybe show a little respect me thinks.

Totally agree, kids all over the western world will be gorgeing on cheap chocolate, in the name of Jesus and there’s no way I’m gonna let these pinko pc liberals stop that happening.

god made diabetes so that we could honour jesus

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

show a little respect me thinks.

go, on. I’m bored. Explain “why” someone else’s irrational belief in fairy tales warrants any more of my respect over and above the “just-another-human-being” level of respect.

Would that be like the extra respect I should also have for the Scouts? or Milwall football club? Satanic Ritualists? or the National Secular Society?

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

Some brilliant videos of young American ladies enjoying “Spring Break” available all over the internet! Thank Christ for that, I say.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

I like the Family Guy “Spring Break” episode.

Lois is hot.

Trimix

Actually most religious beliefs do not warrent any respect. They fail to respect many aspects of life – like homosexuality, sex outside marriage, HIV, abortion, the pill, condoms, womens freedom, free thinking, scientific method etc etc. I could go on, but we all know the views that are leftovers from the middle ages being pushed by religion.

Its time people woke up and educated others out of these irrational beliefs and stopped being PC and / or quiet when it comes to blatant abuses of human rights.

We should not give time and space for any irrationaly held ideas any more than we give to people who believe there are fairys at the bottom of their garden. But then again, at least fairys wont tell you its a sin to use a condom or work on a sunday FFS.

colnagokid

Praise be for Hot Cross Buns! 🙂

MrsMugsy

Trimix

thanks for that. and I could go on but it makes me angry when I start thinking about all the crap religions are responsible for.

Trimix

Lets just go and eat some chocolate bunnies and hot cross buns then to cheer us up 🙂

I always bite their ears off first.

richc

thanks for that. and I could go on but it makes me angry when I start thinking about all the crap religions are responsible for.

strange I thought it was people not religion that actually did all that crap, or do you believe that without religion we all live in peace and harmony?

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

Lindt bunnies! Heavenly if you excuse the pun!

Anyway – this song should always be rolled out at this time of year:

“There is a green hill far away

beyond a city wall

where our dear lord was crucified

he died to save us all….

Oh! for he’s a jolly good fellow

For he’s a jolly good fellow…………………”

MrsMugsy

ok
    ‘in the name of…’

AdamW

‘in the name of…’

Love, oh-oh, inthenameof love!

I would have liked the Thompson Twins, oh yes, if I had been, erm, older.
    🙄 😀

tyger

Funny how there’s never any piss-taking about Muhammad, Ramadan or Islam. You can say what you like because of the freedom that comes due to the Christian history of this country, however, if you keep undermining the respect for your past you may well lose it.
    Perhaps your jibing is because you have no respect or decency for yourselves.

You can say what you like because of the freedom that comes due to the Christian history of this country, however, if you keep undermining the respect for your past you may well lose it.

Sorry, what are we likely to lose ? Freedom of speech, religion or just the easter eggs ?

Perhaps your jibing is because you have no respect or decency for yourselves.

Perhaps it’s because we don’t take life too seriously.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

no respect or decency for yourselves.

hahahah.

And I would counter that anyone who requires “faith” in their life has far less respect for themselves than I do for me.

tyger

Just a little consideration for others values wouldn’t hurt is all I’m trying to say here.

crikey

Just a little consideration for others values wouldn’t hurt is all I’m trying to say here

I give you:

R979

I think it was ‘Blessed are the cheesemakers.’

Just a little consideration for others values wouldn’t hurt is all I’m trying to say here.

My values are based around a love of chocolate eggs and freedom of speech. Please consider them.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

consideration for others values

because religeon* is well documented showing consideration of other people’s values isn’t it.

*damn near all of them

This is where the secularists/atheists get attacked. With the line that religion for some extraordinary reason deserves special treatment. It once did when there was a greater proportion of ignorant people willing to belive in an ominpotent god in the face of a lack of understanding of the world around them. With human development has come scientific understanding and the decentralisation of knowledge, and with that comes emancipation of the people from organised religion. Religion no longer deserves any form or preferential staus. It may be tolerated, and indeed it’s adherents protected from persecution and discriminiation. But no religious adherent or their organisation should ever be deserving of more or less respect than the next man, any special treatment and certainly not protection from ridicule, satire and naughty jokes or cartoons.

crikey

Stoner, well said, but not well spelled!

robdob

Aaaah I see it’s the STW knock religion thread again.

Too scared to really find out what it’s all about?

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

mental block. Must be all that religeon 🙂

corrected now 🙂

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Dimwits.

succinct argument there. Not going to expand up on it? or do we just have to believe you?

robdob

Quick to jump down peoples throat aren’t we?

Sunday is a great day of celebration for me (pretty much like everyday, don’t really need a set day).

crikey

The real reason we knock religion is;

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Sunday is a great day of celebration for me (pretty much like everyday, don’t really need a set day).

I agree. The change in licencing laws to allow pubs to open all day and all week has been fantastic. Im off to ‘church’ later in fact for a bit of existential flagellation and odd stories about fairies.

El-bent

Blimey, I agree with Stoner. 😯

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘I would like to give thanks for Jesus’ is closed to new replies.