Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • I would like to give thanks for Jesus
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Dimwits.

succinct argument there. Not going to expand up on it? or do we just have to believe you?

robdob
    Free Member

Quick to jump down peoples throat aren’t we?

Sunday is a great day of celebration for me (pretty much like everyday, don’t really need a set day).

crikey
    Free Member

The real reason we knock religion is;

Stoner
    Free Member

Sunday is a great day of celebration for me (pretty much like everyday, don’t really need a set day).

I agree. The change in licencing laws to allow pubs to open all day and all week has been fantastic. Im off to ‘church’ later in fact for a bit of existential flagellation and odd stories about fairies.

El-bent
    Free Member

Blimey, I agree with Stoner. 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

Blimey, I agree with Stoner.

Not that remarkable given the subject matter.

El-bent
    Free Member

Too scared to really find out what it’s all about?

Been there, done that.

I no longer believe in something that doesn’t exist.

robdob
    Free Member

I beleive in something that does exist. You probably didn’t look in the right places.

El-bent
    Free Member

You can look anywhere you like, But Its only in your head.

Stoner
    Free Member

You probably didn’t look in the right places.

Cottingley?

molgrips
    Free Member

kids all over the western world will be gorgeing on cheap chocolate, in the name of Jesus

I’m gonna have to bring you up on two points there. Firstly, Easter egg are nothing to do with Jesus, and secondly, they’re certainly not cheap 🙂

One perhaps should respect religious beliefs the same as you should respect any deeply held beliefs of your fellow human beings. That could be their sexual orientation, their sexual taste, their lifestyle choices, their choice of football team etc. You can indeed respect religious beliefs no more than any other – but still respect them.

Just a thought, like.

Stoner
    Free Member

their sexual orientation, their sexual taste, their lifestyle choices, their choice of football team etc

None of which are beliefs. Nor do they demand special recognition by society. Except maybe Graham Norton.

They are inherent nature in the case of sexual orientation or blind stupidity in the case of Manchester United and each treated in the manner deserved.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m not getting into this, because it is both boring and depressing.

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend. If you see any christians actually harming anyone in the name of their god this weekend be sure to stop them. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

boring and depressing

It’s been a boring day and I gain validation by denigrating others.
    Im off to pull the wings off angels.

have a good weekend BD 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Nor do they demand special recognition by society

They don’t demand special recognition, but recognition just as much as anything else that means something to someone

You’ll be telling people singlespeeds are sh*t and those that ride them are stupid and wrong in the head next…

robdob
    Free Member

Christians harming anyone

Will do.

Stoner
    Free Member

If you see any christians actually harming anyone in the name of their god this weekend be sure to stop them

what about jews?

tyger
    Free Member

Still very quiet on the knocking Islam front I notice.

tyger
    Free Member

molegrips and robdob, you’ve restored my faith (in a manor of speaking LOL) 🙂

tyger
    Free Member

sp manner – doh!

Stoner
    Free Member

quite right.
    Watch out for those saracens…

now Ive got to find pics of hindus, buddhists and spaghetti monsters knocking ten shades of sh*t out of each other now to be truly ecumenical eh?

tyger
    Free Member

Is that the best you can do re. Islam?

Stoner
    Free Member

well if you want to see more graphic contempory images of what muslims can do to christians and vice versa in the name of their faith in Indonesia, then I suggest you got to Rotten.com or consumptionjunction.com. or even Google Images. NSFW which is why I didnt post them.

Stoner
    Free Member

here y’are.
    this’ll put the wind up Mark 🙂

hora
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke where did you get that link from? I want those for my bathroom ledge- Quality.

tyger
    Free Member

My point being is not what religions do to each other but why it’s always seems that you (and others) blatantly knock Christianty but (because of fear not respect) never Islam. It’s cowardly picking on an easy target much the same as the school bully – is that what you are?
    I enjoy a laugh as much as the next person but not at the expense of when I know it has the potential to be upsetting to others. Sorry Stoner, I just must be having a bad day or something but enough is enough!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Some of you talk through their ar$e. Easter is your English word for the biggest day in Christian calendar. Where it comes from doesn’t change validity of the celebrations for those who want to believe. There are dozens of languages which call the day “The Great Day/Night”, there are dozens of cultures where celebrations start on Friday and last till Monday. And nobody even thinks of the pseudo-chocolate bunnies. For some it’s an opportunity to sit down and have a little think about themselves.
    If you are that concerned about the date being stolen fom the Pagans, how about Islam? Established (invented?) by somebody who was very familiar with Christianity and Buddhism, who “borrowed” from both religions and declared The New Begining? Why are you afraid to laugh at their faith? Fear of retribution perhaps?
    And no, I am not a religious type at all.

alpin
    Free Member

i’m stuck in the middle of bavaria. as from 12 tonight it is illegal to play music, sing or dance untill first thing saturday. it’s strange goign out to a club and having no music or noise, or going out and then suddenly everything goes quiet.

now i don’t believe in any of this religious shite but, i do believe in the holidays.

why do we say holiday. comes from Holy-day.

molgrips
    Free Member

muslims can do to christians and vice versa in the name of their faith

It’s people hurting people. If it weren’t religion it’d be something else. See the Irish Troubles for more info.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

If you see any christians actually harming anyone in the name of their god this weekend be sure to stop them

what about jews?

Stoner, Jews were the first Christians.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

hora

Catholic Shopper
    Sadly, there’s no Islamic equivalent – maybe they’re just a bunch of c**ts

Stoner
    Free Member

If you are that concerned about the date being stolen fom the Pagans, how about Islam? Established (invented?) by somebody who was very familiar with Christianity and Buddhism, who “borrowed” from both religions and declared The New Begining? Why are you afraid to laugh at their faith? Fear of retribution perhaps?

having an argument about who’s best imaginary friend is better rather illustrates my point. If it makes you feel any more comfortable I asure you I hold as much contempt for those of every faith as I do for any one faith.

As for “picking on the christians”, first rule of satire: aim for the nearest target. Christianity still makes a greater mark on our (UK) society than any other religion and it’s the one that I have had around me while I grew up. Whether it be Bishops in the legislature, voting within wards of “Parishes”, sodding church goers who block the roads with their cars on a sunday, or get testy because the vast majority who dont’ believe in their favourite bedtime story want to kick a ball around on the same day, or bleats that there isnt enough legally mandated religious pap on the box, christianity is a more relevant target than other religions.

IdleJon

Aaaah I see it’s the STW knock religion thread again.

Too scared to really find out what it’s all about?

If you went to school in this country it was forced into you and still is. There can’t be many people in the world who are unaware of what religion is ‘all about’?

My daughter is 5. On the current curriculum she wouldn’t be taught how to read in school until she is 7. However the school manages to tell her fairy stories about how Jesus died for her. Is there something wrong there maybe?

why it’s always seems that you (and others) blatantly knock Christianty but (because of fear not respect) never Islam. It’s cowardly picking on an easy target much the same as the school bully – is that what you are?

Or is it maybe because people are familiar with Christianity and can comment on how ridiculous it is, but don’t have the same knowledge to speak about Islam?

how about Islam? Established (invented?) by somebody who was very familiar with Christianity and Buddhism, who “borrowed” from both religions and declared The New Begining?

And of course where did Christianity come from? Where did Judaism come from? Where did Zoroastrianism come from? All invented perhaps? Borrowed from other cultures? What a ridiculous idea, because actually Christianity started when a deity came to a virgin in the night and started a new religion.

The actual history of Christianity makes for interesting reading if you’re ever bored. As with most things in this life the religion is/was mainly concerned with earthly power and wealth and keeping the plebs in their place, rather than spirituality or belief. (I know, I’m stating the very obvious here.)

crikey
    Free Member

If Jesus was Jewish, why did he have a Mexican name?

(as for the “Why do you always pick on us stuff?”, you’ve got churches in every town, your heads-of-churches get to comment on whatever they want, democracy notwithstanding, and every school kid in the country gets religion forced on them from being 4 years old to being 14, so I think you are owed a little bit of a dig every now and then; how many pious assemblies did i sit through during my school years?)

Sandwich

Stoner you after a full fatwah or just the slimming half fatwah?
    Yes that’s my one, with 666 on the back!

Stoner
    Free Member

as IdleJon says, the source of religion, its invention and the reasons that it came into existence make for far more compelling reading and a better understanding of the human condition.

I found the first chapter (The rise of Islamism: Sunnism and Shiaism) of Dilip Hiro’s “Islamic Fundamentalism” very telling.

CountZero

When it comes to Eostra Bunnies I bite the eyes out first, screaming “stop staring at me”

crikey
    Free Member

scraprider
    Free Member

nice one tnx dude, also christians do not own rucksacs.

zaskar
    Free Member

😈 You’re all going to hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&feature=related

See you there.

Oh and your enjoy your break or religious activities-no matter who you are or worship.

Islam pi$$take? thats next week then athiests are next-it’s only fair…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘I would like to give thanks for Jesus’ is closed to new replies.