Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • I went 1×10. Recommend me a chain guide.
  • svalgis
    Free Member

I don’t get any chain noise at all with Zee and bash+jump stop. I’m on a hardtail though, so maybe the lack of chain growth is what makes the difference?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’m running 1 x 10 on both bikes, neither of which has ISCG so had to go with one seat tube mounted options and one BB mount.
    Seat Tube Mount is E13 XCX-great
    BB Is the newish AMg By MRP-only a few hours done with it but so far great also.

danielgroves
    Free Member

andysredmini’s Pictures:

mindmap3
    Free Member

I run a single ring on both of my bikes, one 10 speed and one nine speed.

The SX as a medium cage none clutch X9 10 speed mech, 11-36 tooth cassette, 34 tooth ring and an E13 LG1 Trail chain device.

The BFe has an older 9 speed X9 mech, 11-26 tooth cassette, 36 tooth ring and a Superstar Plasma chain device.

If I’m honest I fail to see why the E13 is twice the price of the Superstar version, it’s not as sturdy and is noisier, despite being set up as per the instructions. Both seem to work and keep my chain on and make cleaning easy with no bash guard.

I really struggle to get my head around the cost if chain devices because you get less for your money than before. The MRP System 3 was £100 and all metal and included a bash guard. My E13 has less bits and is mostly plastic but costs £15 more and is noisier.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘I went 1×10. Recommend me a chain guide.’ is closed to new replies.