Viewing 38 posts - 1,721 through 1,758 (of 1,758 total)
  • I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.
  • j3ffo
    Free Member

Inspirational. Well done!

flintstones
    Free Member

While you got your strength from this forum, along with the silent lurkers who were thinking of you (that’ll be me then!), YOU still beat it.

Well done and congratulations, Bullheart.

lowey

So, in between fighting “terminal” cancer, riding jogle, mm, sits et all, you also found time for some top level shagging ?

We are simply not worthy.

All the best for you and Meg mate… **sends massive virtual man hug**

mboy
    Free Member

Get yourself a T-Shirt made up that says…

“Bullheart, beating Cancer through Willpower, exercise and sheer determination since 2010” 😉

Seriously though, as someone who has lost family members to cancer, can’t underestimate how much admiration I have for you for beating it off.

Well done for taming the beast, and long may it continue…

sunnrider
    Free Member

I´ve spent the past 4 hours reading through all this. I´ll be knackered for my double-shift at work tomorrow (later today) but f*ck me, thats the best four hours I´ve used in years. Inspirational stuff.

Since 2002 I´ve beaten a nasty disease into remission, and now I´m out on my bike every chance I get. But your story takes the cake, amazing stuff.
    You´re a lucky man to have a partner that gets you, I know I certainly couldn´t have managed without my other half. I´ll have to stop typing now, tearing up again.

Quite simply you´re a legend, congratulations and my heartfelt best wishes to you and your (growing) family for the future.

mrgibbons
    Free Member

after reading the ‘what made you cry’ thread, some bent curiousity made me look back through to read this thread.

only a string of profanity can really describe what I really want to say, from the tosser you had to work with, to JOGLE to the mountain mayhem stuff. oh and the cancer.

words fail me, truly. you and those around you are the single most hope-giving example of dogged determination I have ever had the pleasure to read about.

digs, showers, bikes to borrow and food all on offer to you in south Ontario if you ever want to do a cross-Canada ride, hell i’d join you. there are atleast two bikeshops where my very good friends work who would sponsor you in a heartbeat. I don’t say that out of pity, I say that out of utter admiration for what you’ve achieved and will no doubt go on to achieve.

keep fighting, don’t ever give it even a chance of returning, not today, not ever.

(tears on cheeks)

mrgibbons

Pigface
    Free Member

Fabulous news, congratulations.

RichPenny
    Free Member

can’t underestimate how much admiration I have for you for beating it off.

Highly inappropriate but massive LOL

Yep, that’s my coat. The childs one, yes…

Congrats on the baby to you both 🙂

Nobby

Fantastic news followed by fantastic news – just genuine, heart-felt admiration for the way you’ve handled this from the start.

A couple of folk in our family will be mightily heartened and (hopefully) inspired by your news.

Congratulations to you both.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This thread should be renamed:

I think cancer is about to be diagnosed with Bullheart, and it’s fairy scared!

😀

Congrats on Little Bullheart!! 🙂

gibby

Can’t add anything but my congratulations to you both

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

On a dark afternoon with bad news all about. You really have brightened my day totally. You deserve to enjoy the rest of a very long and happy life. Guess it picked the wrong man. I’m not in your shoes thankfully, but I doubt I’d have the strength if I’m honest to get through it. Which makes someone who did even more special.
    Enjoy the summer, and the rest of ya life too!
    Thanks for a warm teary happy ending.
    M

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Brilliant 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

I think cancer is about to be diagnosed with Bullheart, and it’s fairy scared!

P
    M
    S
    L
    🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Meg’s pregnant. There is a little Bullheart on the way.

Someone called him ‘Bullhorn’ on the classifieds earlier. Yikes!

marsdenman
    Free Member

suggested tagline for the film… 😉

But if it does, I’ll be waiting. It’d better bring an army with it.

though i’m not too sure about the ‘official merchandise’ 🙂

There are actually, in existence, Bullheart Thongs and Pants

😯

Stu_N

I’m another lurker. This is the most amazingly excellent news I have ever read on a forum. Go bullheart!

If they do a biopic, Jens Voigt should be your cycling stunt double.

scaredypants

bloody hell !

well done – brilliant news x2

tinman66
    Free Member

I’m fairly new to STW and only came across your thread tonight then proceeded to read it from the start.

You’re truly an inspiration to us all. Not just for you and your body’s ability to kick the big C’s ass but also the humility and honesty you’ve done it with.

A real hero.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Proper tears being shed here.

geoffj

wow, just wow!

(now get on with the rest of your long and happy life 😀 )

dazzlingboy

Awesome – great news all round and a fantastic story from start to end.

EDIT – not the end – more like the new beginning!

allthegear
    Free Member

I blame it on the hormones 🙂 but that’s such a wonderful story, I’ve been reduced to tears.

I’m really, really happy for you. Fabulous news!!!

Rachel

Drillski
    Free Member

Fantastic news!
    All our love and good wishes for all three of you.
    A child born to parents who understand the fleeting preciousness of life is truly blessed.
    Drillski

“Wolverine” ?? more like Captain Scarlet!!

sv

Congrats to you both.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Goosebumps reading this thread. Congratulating you both. Inspirational.

NJA

Been away on holiday – no internet, just come back and read this and WOW congratulations on both fronts.

Can I have your full name and team details so I can place my bets early on the TDF winner for the next 7 years.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Could I suggest a bloke not far from here who might carry the olympic torch better than most?

willard

Ok, so I’m a little bit jealous that you’ve managed to get a sprog on the go, but really, really happy or you and Meg!

Go Bullheart!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Yet another lurker, just got back from a few days off and read this – glad I in the office on my own at the mo!
    As everybody else has said, brilliant news. Words are not adequate but well done on both counts best wishes for the future.

meehaja
    Free Member

Hello, I didn’t read this thread first time round, mostly because I was doing the whole “cancer thing” myself, and frankly being a bit of a pussy about it, and decided avoiding the whole topic was probably the best way to deal with it.

So having now read all 44 pages of this, I’m speachless… cracking effort with the LeJog, and its great to see that things have really turned around for you! Unfortunately your just giving page seems to have expired, so i shall make a donation to Sarcoma uk direct.

Keep kicking!

Jim

wwaswas

Jim- don’t know if you saw but to round the year off bullheart became a dad earlier this week. I hope you’ve had success in your fight too.

kennyp
    Free Member

Brilliant. Can’t think of any better word.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I didn’t know that wwaswas, and I don’t know the bloke from anyone, but what a fantastic thing. I AM NOT gonna cry at my computer! Babi Bullheart 😀

bullheart
    Free Member

Seren Elizabeth Fradgley
    b. 11.37am, Tuesday 20th December 2011.

My daughter x

Coyote
    Free Member

You’re right. She is beautiful.

She is also a very lucky girl in having a dad who refuses to believe in negativity and has proved that anything is possible.

Happy Christmas to you all. You truly rock!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Aww, she looks so gorgeous! Well done all of you! I’m sure you’ll have an amazing Christmas.

Kevevs
    Free Member

cried at my computer.

Viewing 38 posts - 1,721 through 1,758 (of 1,758 total)

The topic ‘I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.’ is closed to new replies.