Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 1,758 total)
  • I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.
  • xiphon
    Free Member

Holy cow! Brilliant news 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

That’s excellent news you must feel quite elated.

my wife and I always watched the Hawaii ironman triathlon on the tv and each year they would do a focus piece on one of the ‘non star/average’ competitors. one year they chose a guy who some years earlier had been diagnosed with HIV , to start with he went into self distruct mode but then decided to focus on getting fit , by the time he entered the race the doctors were unable to find a trace of the disease in his body.

he attributed his recovery to the extreme fitness his training had given him , maybe that’s what has helped you? whatever it’s fantastic news . Good on you!!!!

2orangey4crows

Inspiration.

Though you did make me cry at my desk and I had spend ages pretending I was looking for something in a drawer.

TheFlyingOx

I hear Superman has binned his Chuck Norris pyjamas in favour of some Bullheart ones.

Awesome, in the truest sense of the word.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There are actually, in existence, Bullheart Thongs and Pants

I am not sure there are pictures of said items mind, but I will say that they are very sexy and I think Bullheart should start selling them….

thomthumb
    Free Member

nice one.

STWs very own lance 😉

CHB

Flippin fantastic news!
    Been following this since the start along with some good friends at work.
    Must be the good vibes and determination that did the trick.
    Does this mean that the Daily Mail and Express will have to run “cycling cures cancer” articles?

DaRC_L

<sweaty eyeballs> Inspirational, F-A-B news

letmetalktomark

It was only from Elfins architectural thread that I read this thread.

Inspirational thread – more than that and words escape me.

Good on you.

MArk – From my “dusty” desk.

Straightliner

Brilliant news, so pleased for you and so inspirational for keeping going in such difficult circumstances.

Now to get rid of that ‘dust’ in my eyes!

wallop

Goodness me, that is outstanding. You and Megan must be feeling amazing right now.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This is all well and good, folks, and I’m sure Mark appreciates the kind words and that, but I think he’d also appreciate it even more if people dipped into their pockets and bunged a few quid in to help raise funds for research and treatment of this terrible disease. The form of Sarcoma Mark suffers from affects so few people, that there is very little funding for research into trying to find ways to fight it.

So come on, dig deep. A tenner, a fiver, a pound, whatever you can give, it’s all going to a fantastic cause.

Don’t be tight. See that shiny thing you were going to treat yourself with? You don’t need it. But people like Mark do need your help.

http://www.justgiving.com/TeamBullheart

Currently £6420. Let’s see at least seven grand by tonight, eh?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Outstanding news. Put a smile on my face anyway, especially as i was contemplating the possible outcomes of my next brain scan next week earlier today, and your PMA really cheered me up.

crikey
    Free Member

You’re so bad at being proper poorly, all that riding about nonsense is letting the side down…

retrogirl
    Free Member

I couldn’t just read and not post. What an inspiration showing what can be done when the odds are stacked against you. I am so pleased for you and this story should be shown to other cancer sufferers out there to show them that there is hope.

bullheart
    Free Member

Thank you for all your kind words.

It’s not me. Its us. We all changed the odds, I have the disease, but without all of you I wouldn’t be winning. I got down last week when reading some of the vitriol in the threads on here, because sometimes you lot don’t realise how strong we all are if we work together.

There are folk out there at the moment, desperate, frightened and scared, because they will have been told the same information that I have been. They will feel alone. You will know some of them, through work, as friends, or family members. Tell them about our small victory. Let them know it’s worth fighting.

BH

philconsequence
    Free Member

There are folk out there at the moment, desperate, frightened and scared, because they will have been told the same information that I have been. They will feel alone. You will know some of them, through work, as friends, or family members. Tell them about our small victory. Let them know it’s worth fighting

called mum up after reading your post this morning, currently full of radiation but your story was definitely one of the nicer things we were able to chat about 🙂 now you’ve discovered how to beat sarcoma, can we concentrate on a serious disease?

bullheart
    Free Member

Jeez Phil….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVhcB9ucmdg[/video]

😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Only just seen this. Not crying here honest.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Can someone please pick my jaw up from the floor? Started to read this thread this morning.

The most inspirational thing i have ever read.

nickf
    Free Member

It’s not me. Its us. We all changed the odds, I have the disease, but without all of you I wouldn’t be winning. I got down last week when reading some of the vitriol in the threads on here, because sometimes you lot don’t realise how strong we all are if we work together.

For a grumpy singlespeeder, you sometimes make sense. Not often, mind you. But certainly on this occasion.

crikey
    Free Member

Whoa.
    You’re a singlespeeder?
    I feel used….

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just reading back to one of your posts a year ago

With regards to the cancer, I don’t know how the hell I’m going to deal with it, but I will. I intend to nail this mofo to the floor, or at least go out kicking, screaming and getting my monies worth.

It seems you have!

Amazing what you’ve achieved

racefaceec90

that’s fantastic news 😀

jimmy

I hear Superman has binned his Chuck Norris pyjamas in favour of some Bullheart ones.

PMBL. So much so I’m crying. From laughter… honest…

Long may those tumours recognise that Bullheart ain’t no home for them.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bullheart=AWESOME, great news.

lovewookie

Again, just a lurker but followed from the start.

Bloody fantastic news. really really pleased.

I think sweaty eyes does sum it up..

HermanShake
    Free Member

Incredible, you’re like a cycling Wolverine!

adam1330
    Free Member

Fantastic news! 😀

Raindog
    Free Member

Really, really pleased here 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Remember we’re dealing with the unknown here. It may come back in three months time. It might be three years. Or maybe never. There simply isn’t any way of knowing yet.

But if it does, I’ll be waiting. It’d better bring an army with it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m still wating to meet up for a pint like you promised about fifty nine years ago…. 😥

Can we have Bullheart pants and thongs then? Can we? PLEEEEEEAAASSEEEEEE????

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

awesome news mark! well done…just shows what a cantankerous nature can do for ya!

still using the raod bike? 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“This hasn’t happened before. I’ve seen a great many things as a doctor that science simply cannot explain. You may well be one of those things. Stay prepared, but go and live your life – you’ve worked hard for it”

That has got to be the nicest paragraph I have ever seen posted on STW.

😀

BigJohn

The best news.

Now go and sort out those riots…

Ceebug
    Free Member

This thread is one of the most truly inspirational things I have ever read.

bullheart
    Free Member

cycleworlduk – Member
    awesome news mark! well done…just shows what a cantankerous nature can do for ya!

still using the road bike?

Pretty much every week mate! Christ its good to here from you. Cycling with Lance, jetting off for road cycling, lucky bugger….

How’s Gemma? Are you up for a call later/tomorrow?

roper
    Free Member

Mark you are a freak!!! In the nicest possible way of course. You may have had support here and elsewhere but you are still a freak.

It might come back, might not. That doesn’t stop all the days of it gone being pretty special.
    Great news. Brilliant.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You pissed on cancers chips there mate.

Bloody good effort!

RichPenny
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Best post ever on STW. Incredible news for you and yours Mark. I have no doubt that a life lived in the spirit shown thus far will be a remarkable one. Enjoy 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 1,758 total)

The topic ‘I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.’ is closed to new replies.