Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I know my Consumer Rights! Or do I?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve gone in a little heavy handed over a faulty product and thought I’d better check I’m not making a total arse of myself before I go deeper.

I bought a Redmi phone from mi.com (effectively direct from the manufacturer) in March. It arrived then after three weeks the ear speaker stopped working so I couldn’t hear people on calls. Mi.com took it back for repair, fixed it and sent it back to me.

Now the ear speaker has failed again. I’ve had the same phone before and it was faultless (until I bent it in a bike crash) so I think the one I have is a dud. I’ve asked mi.com to provide me with a refund. They say they will only carry out a second repair.

My understanding from reading the Consumer Rights Act itself and several articles about it online is that if the original repair fails within 6 months of purchase I can ask for a refund. I’ve rolled out Cougar’s classic “please can you confirm you are refusing to honour my statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act” and they’ve said they are acting within the law.

So, who’s making an arse of themselves (on top of me for going about quoting parliamentary acts)- me, or mi?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Or should I do what I did last time I had a Consumer Rights run in on STW and just burn their warehouse down?

jam-bo

did you fix it with a rock?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    munrobiker
    Free Member

The one that got bent, technically, yes I did.

Cougar

Off the top of my head I believe you’re right.

First 30 days you can demand a refund. 30 days to six months you have to allow them to make good with a repair / replace – once. You’ve done that. You’re into refund territory now, they’re breaking the law in refusing.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Cheers Cougar. Fortunately I paid with Paypal so I’ll just raise a dispute.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I know my Consumer Rights! Or do I?’ is closed to new replies.