Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • I fancied a curry…
  • messiah
    Free Member

Chip shop curry 😉

17″ Ragley Troof to replace my 18″ Mmmbop. I want to run longer forks and have less top tube.

Now… how will it ride with these babies?

Oh Boy!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I hate to tell you but the flag is upside down!

the thicker of the white cross bars is uppermost on the pole/stick side. also it seems to be two different flags their both wrong

that is all

lucien

Uhmmm…..nice Buddah

Flag better in 2nd shot

If you have bombers, can you “own people” with them

Look forward to pics of full build 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought I didn’t like them, but that looks great and those forks look like a match made in heaven.

zippykona

Ok explain the flag thing again, I’ve never worked it out.

lucien

Easy, it’s one way up in the top picture and a the other way up in the 2nd – simples

yunki
    Free Member

baby poo yellow

messiah
    Free Member

There are two flags, I’ll try to explain to my two wee boys what’s wrong with them but I suspect they won’t be interested.

I’ve also got some 150mm Rev forks and some 36 Floats to try on it. Loads to play with…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Leaving the colour aside the front half of that frame looks quite nice. The back is hideous!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That frame looks rubbish.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I hate to tell you it’s they’re not their.

spanishfly
    Free Member

Not feeling it, its not the colour although that probably doesnt help.Maybe logos will help.
    Bombers look ace, heavy? Build it, lets see…..

Northwind

That colour of Bomber doesn’t really go with anything. Conveniently, that colour of Troof also doesn’t go with anything, so you’re not losing out. Win!

matt_outandabout

baby poo yellow

*has flashbacks*
    Sooooo accurate.

alfabus
    Free Member

Confused… both of those flags are upside down (in the second picture it is the other way round, but still upside down – the wider white sections should be towards the top on the side nearest the flag pole).

Dave

messiah
    Free Member

Decals applied, headset fitted, flags removed 🙄

I can’t see it ever winning a beauty contest, but if it rides like the Mmmbop but with a bit more GRRRRRRRR! I’ll be happy.

sparkyrhino

I used to have an austin mini metro in the same colour ,a rite fanny magnet !!!!

😯

WillC9999
    Free Member

Ah a metro, possibly the worst car I ever drove, even in a nicer colour than diarrhoea.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

I hate to tell you it’s they’re not their.

i went back and edited that also!

this should explain the flag thing

messiah
    Free Member

I think my Landcrab was a similar colour, oh how I miss those vinyl seats.

messiah
    Free Member

Perhaps not that similar a colour after all?

scruff
    Free Member

I gave my cat raw eggs once, same colour.

globalti
    Free Member

Little-known fact: all those BL saloon cars had exactly the same doors.

wrecker
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Can I be the first to say that with a few red bits that’s gonna look great! 8) Go on, prove ’em all wrong messiah!

finbar
    Free Member

messiah
    Free Member

Please excuse the 7am post first ride picture… I went out riding at 5am because a really wanted to give this a whirl.

I’m impressed, it’s a fun thing to ride but it’s not much of a looker 🙄

It was a night ride so I was holding back on the doonhalls but if felt really good, and on the techy climbs I was very impressed. No falling off the back like on many other hardtails I’ve tried with big forks.

A few little changes to make but so far so good.

*Geek alert* The head angle is 63.5deg static so about 65deg with sag… this baby is as slack as a slack thing on a very slack day indeed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

oneononeonone
    I hate to tell you but the flag is upside down!

You can tell the flag is upside down as the stick is pointing upwards 😆

@mesiah 5am riding in February certainly counts as new bike nut enthusiasm, congratulations on something out of the ordinary

messiah
    Free Member

congratulations on something out of the ordinary

Who would have though that a long travel hardtail designed for 160mm forks would be more niche than fat bikes?

trevh
    Free Member

wrecker nostalga or wat i had a marina coupe in that colour craapy mustard lol immaculate conditon used to love it until me bro wrote it off hiiting 2 lamposts

wrecker
    Free Member

Trev, my parents had one when I was about 5, It’s the only thing I remember from that early apart from my action man tank. It must have been the colour.
    Years later I crashed a friends. I think subliminally I did it on purpose due to deep hatred of the bloody things. 😀

rs
    Free Member

no way is that 63.5 degrees, that would be madness!

trevh
    Free Member

wrecker i had one wen i was 17 rear wheel drive with a 1.8 engine worst car ive ever driven in bad weather an the snow (even worse than our present MX 5 used to hanbrake turn and everything in it it was a bloody hoot. im 48 now and stril drive / ride like a bloody lunatic just moved to a hardtail pipedream scion after riding FS for years still hate that damn colour to this day lol

timber

Morris Marina was my first thought on the colour too.

ashfanman
    Free Member

£944?! You can buy a bike for that! 😉

nickhart
    Free Member

You went out at five in the morning so no one saw you riding it. It has a face for radio. It’s interesting though certainly a marmite moment if ever I saw one. I’ll be interested in how it does tight twisty stuff that isnt particularly steep with that slack Alice head tube. I bet it’s fun as **** on mega fast stuff or mega steep.
    Have fun, that’s all that matters.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

No chain guide? No flats? Good on ya’ for doing your own thing.

messiah
    Free Member

There is a chain guide. A dinky wee top only thing made by Forge about 10 years ago, and still working a treat. I might bodge a back plate for the iscg as with all bb mounts it sometimes moves. So far I’ve only lost the chain off the bottom once but I might need a full guide if this proves gnar enough to lose it more often.

I can ride flats or spd’s, I prefer the ground clearance and efficiency of spd’s most of time.

messiah
    Free Member

First daylight run yesterday and I think it does need a full chain guide; the chain dropped off the bottom of the ring a few times and was rattling about something rotten. Never a problem on the Mmmbop but this thing lends itself to whole new level of fun riding 😈
    The Fox 36 forks up front are so much stiffer and more direct than the noodly Rev’s, and the damping so much better that I have more confidence in the gnar :mrgreen:

It also climbs the techy stuff brilliantly so I’m well chuffed.

I’m even warming to it’s looks 😳

mogrim

Looks alright, seen far worse on here… How much does the build cost? And what’s it weigh?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I fancied a curry…’ is closed to new replies.