Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I fancied a curry…
  • spanishfly
    Free Member

Having seen it in the sunshine today its not as bad (colour) as it looks in photos….

kayak23

Nice that…
    I likes the colour and the build.

messiah
    Free Member

Cheers for the +ve comments, the more I ride it the more I like it.

Needs a proper chain guide to mount to the ISCG as the BB mounted one keeps moving… off to the garage to see what i can do 😉

messiah
    Free Member

Proper chainguide fitted 🙂

mangoridebike

it took you 3 months to fit the chain guide?

Bregante

The buddha’s put weight on too

messiah
    Free Member

it took you 3 months to fit the chain guide?

Errr, pretty much. I’d only lose the chain roughly once a ride with the other guide so I wasn’t too stressed by it… but I did move house so priorities have been elsewhere.

The buddha’s put weight on too

But he does look happier for it 😆

messiah
    Free Member

Oh dear…

… me and my local forest have done it again. 🙄

I have really enjoyed this frame and it’s seen some fun riding… I ride hard and have a history of breaking frames but this bike has seen nothing that in my mind would cause such a failure.

CRC and Hotlines/Ragley where exemplary throughout the warranty process and I have nothing but praise for Shauna at CRC and Steve at Hotlines.

Within a couple of days (as per the CRC email response) I was informed that it was covered under the warranty but unfortunately no replacement Troof frames were available, and as I didn’t want any other frames that CRC/Hotlines had a full refund was arranged… once I had taken steps to ensure this particular Troof frame was beyond use.

Taking a hacksaw to it was rather personal… bye bye friend… it was a rather short but very entertaining relationship (6 months).

Looking back through STW to find this thread I noticed I’ve recomended the Troof (as an excellent handling bike with a 160m fork) on quite a few occasions, and I hope that those who have purchased do not have the same experience as me. It’s such a shame as it really was a fantasticaly fun frame which suited where and how I like to ride.

I’ve now to find a replacement hardtail that can deal with my rather particular requierments… no mean task!

deus

Transition Trail or Park, if they’re still making it, that’s what you want.

messiah
    Free Member

Transition Trail or Park, if they’re still making it, that’s what you want.

This was my hardtail for forest and mountain use… no “Sisters jeans” and “piss pot lids” involved 🙄 … got a proper BMX for that 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I fancied a curry…’ is closed to new replies.