Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • How’s your 2020 mileage looking? Plus 2021 targets
  • ta11pau1

Despite not having ridden since October (lack of motivation + mud + darkness + rain + trails that aren’t scotland…), my 2020 mileage on the bike isn’t too shabby, considering.

Have you managed to get a decent number of miles in, compared to last year?

My 2019 stats:
    940 miles
    78,000ft climbing

2020:
    852 miles
    88,500ft climbing
    + 240 miles of running, 12,000ft climbing.

(mostly MTB with some gravel/local offroad)

Pleasantly surprised that even though I did less rides, I’ve done more climbing this year, and I’m not far off last years miles.

I have a new bike build scheduled for January so that should see me get some incentive to ride, I think more/regular local rides, and getting the running back going again will help shift the slight belly I’ve gained over the past few months. Would like to get my fitness up another level next year, I was the fittest I’ve ever been last summer, but still struggled on some big days with big climbs.

LS
    Free Member

Currently on 10,400kms for the year, 50/50 split between road and mtb. Plus about 100hrs worth of indoor rides on top of that. Pretty standard for me now I don’t train for racing but I have done more MTB this year.

martinhutch

Currently on 3,900 miles with 435,000ft of elevation. Target was 4,000, and I’m crawling towards the finish. All MTB.

Obviously I’m lucky to live where I do (Dales), even I’m getting bored with the same old local loops, can’t imagine what it’s like for some people on here.

2021 targets are not mileage related. Just variety and longer multidayers.

scotroutes

My current stats are in the “Everests” thread. Not as much as the past couple of years. Partly a decision made last December, partly Covid, partly lockdown and restrictions. I might make 5,000 km by the end of the year. That’ll be all activities, so hillwalking, running, swimming too.

As martinhutch- 2021 targets are  it distance based. Hoping I might do my first triathlon if things get back to something like normal.

Mister-P
    Free Member

As I haven’t commuted to work since the end of March my miles this year are pathetic, too rubbish to post on here. In fact I haven’t ridden a bike at all in probably 3 months. Totally lost the love for it if I’m honest.

Target for 2021 would be to actually get on a bike and get some pleasure from riding.

ta11pau1

Ok… so I need to ride more it seems. 😀

Yak

It goes down every year:

1050miles
    104,000ft

Lack of interest in strava means I have recorded fewer of the rides though, but certain it is well under 2019.

Goals – No racing or anything like that. Maybe sack off strava altogether. Aim for riding more fun stuff, some new places and trails when covid is over.

joebristol

Some big miles above – I wanted to get to 2000kms on the bike this year – but commuting was always quite a chunk of miles I could fit in with a young family etc. I think I’m just about to make it anyway – about 60kms short now. With a couple more mtb rides I should do it – although if immlooming slightly short I’ll pop out for a few hours on the road bike just to make up some easy kms!

Haven’t checked climbing stats but I reckon this will be the highest amount of metres climbed in any year I’ve done so far. Been going out on my road bike on a local lap which goes up a couple of fairly substantial hills (biggest out of Weston on the edge of bath which hurts everytime I do it) which has helped on that front.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t measure mileage, because the ratio of MTB to road varies, and mileage on MTB is always much lower.

204h this year so far, 192h last year total.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Had a target last year of 5k miles and didn’t manage to hit it so pledged the same again this year. Hit that target a couple of weeks ago so I’m now trying to get as close to 4K all outdoor miles as I can!

tlr

I have done about 11,000km and 190,000m of climbing every year for the last 10 years or so. This year will be similar, but I have counted Zwift rides this year for the first time. Normally have a few weeks in the Alps each year etc to up the mileage, so had to substitute Zwift for that instead.

13thfloormonk

6000km (2:1 road/gravel) and almost 60,000m ascent.

Feel like I’ve had a good year but still a bit disappointed with that mileage, but the first third of the year was spent recuperating from back surgery and the rest of the year has been spent juggling family and work so big weekends have been the exception rather than the rule.

Should nudge that up to 6300km if the weather plays ball over the Christmas holidays.

Also, my riding buddies have all managed more than that but few have done as many gravel miles, which I reckon count one-and-a-half-ish, so ‘adjusted’ figure would be closer to 7000km 😀

disco_stu
    Free Member

I was hoping to get to 6000 miles ( mostly commuting, road + a bit of off-road ) this year but I broke my collarbone in Feb, as a result I only managed a few Zwift rides between Feb & May.
    Working from home ate into the commuter miles as well.
    I might scrape 3000 miles if I’m lucky.

scotroutes

Lack of interest in strava means I have recorded fewer of the rides though

Yeah, if I wasn’t using my Garmin watch I’d likely be the same. This just makes it nice and simple so it’s almost automatic for me.

trailwagger
    Free Member

3740 miles, 250,000ft elevation.

I had a target of 4500 miles but two months off with injury scuppered that plan, otherwise i think i would hit 5k. No commuting included in that. Easily the biggest year i`ve had for a while.

v7fmp

set a target of 2250 miles this year, around 500 more than last year and have completed 3078 so far, so pretty pleased with that.

That’s 274 hours on the bike and 235,200 ft of elevation.

But all the above does include MTB, a little bit of road and indoor (zwift) stuff.

I only really set myself distance targets, so maybe 3500 for next year?

white101

Got 2200 on the clock this year a mix of road and MTB.

Was hoping for 2500 but this’ll do me.

Lockdown was great for the road bike but no go for the MTB, all the local tracks were filled with families so I stayed away, meanwhile the roads were wonderfully quiet for a few short weeks.

I always hit the skids comes July, looking back on strava it happened every year for last 4, get a good start through March-May and then it gradually tales off till 50 miles a month is all I manage.

Next year I hope to get more away trips in, road in the Lakes in October for a day for the first time in donkeys years and I got the bug back for getting away from local stuff which tbh I can almost ride all of it on the road bike with it cx wheelset on.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I’m just about to hit 15,000km for the year. Would love to get to 16,100k. Not sure I’ll get there. Plan is to top that significantly next year. January and February this year was zero mileage for me as I was recovering from a scaphoid open fracture internal fixation op.

Kryton57

12465km for me so far with a couple of 100k to add before the years is out.   Thats mostly on the turbo though.

Next years goals are to get some top 10-20 results of better in MTB. 4-12hr races, which relies on thier being some…

weeksy

It’s been a weird 2020 as we all know, but i’ve done a decent mileage overall i think, along with some brilliant days out etc.

It was a shame to miss both Morzine and the SDW this year, but we had a few epic trips to places like Bike Park Wales, which helped.

2021, i’m hoping will bring a return in Aug to Morzine, even if only for 2-3 days of riding. I’m also planning BPW at least once a month with the boy.

I’d like to do a full Ridgeway too as i’ve never done it end to end. I don’t know the northern end of the Ridgeway at all actually. I know roughly where it goes, but that’s as good as it gets.

I also have a target of the 6′ drop at Swinley Summit.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2iqDwp1]2020-02-08_12-18-48[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

It’s currently a little beyond my balls level, but i’m really hoping and planning to work myself up to it, i’m currently doing the 4′ but there’s no 5′ to progress on… LOL.. It’d be nice to have a 5′ just to give me that little safety margin of error. But i’ll get there.

lunge

2,600 miles ran so far this year which is way over what I expected, Covid has really pushed the running button for me! Aim of 3,000 next year.
    950 miles cycled so far, way down on last year due to a lack of commuting, I’ll get it to 1000 by the end of the year. Next years number will again depend on commuting. It could be huge if a couple of work based things happen, it could also be much less if they don’t.

tommyhine

Last two years have been rubbish mileage for me with a new kiddo in the house and an MBA to study for, along with work etc. So 2018 was a lowly 800km which was bad but 2019 was almost nothing at just over 400km!

This year i’ve made a concerted effort to ride more, found some new friends to ride with and am looking at topping out over 2000km which for me is very good.

muggomagic

I’m at 3,525 miles and just shy of 275,000ft which is the most I’ve done since my Strava records began back in 2011. Last year was 2,000 miles and 193,000ft which looking at previous years is a bit down on what I’d usually do as the average is around 2,500 miles per year.

This year my mileage has pretty much all been mtb, I’ve done a couple of road/cx rides and a handful of Zwift miles, but I was furloughed for 5 months and was out pretty much everyday. In that time I did just under 2,000 miles.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ok but not great. Nowhere near as much as the last couple of years because there’s been nowhere to go. We usually have a 4 or 5 nice long rides to local food festivals and stuff mainly because it’s a destination but also because the food’s usually nice. There hasn’t been much local cricket on either which we’d usually ride to and make a day of with a bit of a picnic and that. There’s a smashing pub about 10 miles away that makes a decent round trip too and that’s been shut a lot of the time, then add in a bit of shitty weather when it was open and, well, you get the idea. We’ve still be walking and riding out to the post office and that (we work from home) but it’s not the same as an Actual Fun Destination With Beer.

peteimpreza

pretty good this year, lockdown bonus for me luckily.

5696km distance
    63857m elevation

2020 year to date

8053km distance
    98709m elevation

P-Jay
    Free Member

Haven’t paid Strava much attention this year, it’s bad for my soul, but I haven’t quite managed to break the habit of setting it for every ride. Making more features premium was a god send really.

I’ve somehow managed to hit 1300Kms this year so far, which was always a bit of a target in years gone by, I’ll blame lockdowns for forcing me to ride from home and further than my usual Trail Centre stuff. 28,395m climbed.

I have no targets for 2021, but a renewed goal to ride when I want to, and not ride when I don’t. So more grabbing a quick ride when I fancy it out of my usual ‘timetable’ and less heading out when it’s sleeting and -2 because I think I should.

chrismac

I do record my stats but the only one that matters is the fun factor. It’s the only thing that matters

jimdubleyou

Last year was 4170 km / 28527m

This year (so far) is 3455km / 28908

A lot of those have been indoors though, not sure if there’s an easy way to get strava to split it out for you.

I’d planned to do the Great North Trail this year (or some of it at least), that obviously didn’t happen.

Going to do a bit of road riding between now and the end of the year, but I doubt I’ll match last year’s figures.

benman
    Free Member

My 1st proper year devoted to road cycling, so my biggest mileage by far.

5350 miles so far, and 126000m climbing.

Next year will be similar I think, with the training for Fred Whitton etc, and hopefully a couple of mini tours.

Some guys I see on Strava do double this mileage, whilst working full-time and having families. The mind boggles.

corroded
    Free Member

Will be 4500 miles by the end of this week, which was my annual target. Might do another 300-400 by the end of the month if I do Festive 500. I had a greater number of shorter rides this year, majority gravel with MTB and Road perhaps evenly split (I should start recording the bike for each ride on Strava). And I had a month off due to illness. So, not bad.

Oh and goals next year – my goals are always about riding locations and achievements. I was planning to do the Torino-Nice Rally this year and something like Oregon or Colorado Trails (or parts thereof) so those got cancelled. I’d like to get to NZ ASAP next. Not sure if I’d head to the US just yet but I hope to do TNR or Montanas Vacias or similar next summer.

piemonster

414 hours so far from a mix of road, MTB, Zwift, Rowing, XC and Hill/Fell running.

A knee injury early on this years stopped play then a pandemic and now a shoulder injury although the shoulder hasn’t caused a stop.

wonnyj
    Free Member

6052km over 300 hr, and 76,000m climbing. Similar to last year, probably more road and gravel this year. Also a bit of turbo and BPW not measured.

Fun factor has been high I’m happy to report. Gravel bike and home working was great for getting out consistently, and I’ve really enjoyed the mtb that i have done. MTB has become much more sociable recently what with the pubs being closed etc.

chipps

4740km this year so far, probably 60% off road in terms of distance

104,000m climbed – so not huge on the miles, but relatively big on the ups, which I’ll take 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve done (to date) 7884km and 92301m of elevation gain, definitely my largest cumulative distance since I’ve started recording these things, I also think it’s the most elevation gained.

I’ll hit 8000km before the year is out.

As for 2021, it’s back to training for long distance / long duration type stuff for me.

ta11pau1

I should have named this thread ‘Want to feel inadequate?’ 😀

Yeah, I definitely need to get out riding more than the once a week I normally do, when not on a trip.

Daffy

looking at ~6500km (only 50k of elevation) on the bike and 1000km of running that have been recorded this year. in that, there ared 11 half marathons, 1 full marathon and a few 200km solo rides, so not a total bust, but less than last year. More running, but less MTBing – my MTB mileage has plummeted due to trying to respect the lockdowns and not wanting to be THAT guy that closes a school to indulge his hobby. Solo road riding I quite like, but solo MTBing isn’t as much fun for me.

I’ve also done a lot of unrecorded rides and runs with the kids too.

wait4me

3927 miles and 226k ft elevation. Roughly 50/50 off and on road (gravel warrior)

In March it’ll be 3 years since a major spinal injury, so to say that I’m delighted with the above is an understatement.

stretch…
    Free Member

7300miles/ 294000ft according to my veloviewer.
    A lot of that has been commuting (344 rides), mileage would have been higher if audax events were running.
    Hopefully I’ll get back to doing some long rides next year and aim for SR series.

tthew

3050 miles
    86,200 ft.

I missed out on a trip to Mallorca in the spring and didn’t feel my half drive/half ride commute was appropriate during Lockdown one. I think I’d have made my 4000 mile vague target without the Covid.

Some superb days out this year though, have really enjoyed the MTB this year.

Daffy

Some guys I see on Strava do double this mileage, whilst working full-time and having families. The mind boggles.

Possible only by neglecting said families and/or paying for a cleaner/cook/etc…10000 miles per year is 200 miles a week, every week, so 12-16 hours of cycling every week, that’s a LOT of “me” time.

I do an average of 8 hours a week and that’s with 6 hours of commuting. If I took a full day at the weekend, the house would be a state, kids homework wouldn’t get done, etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘How’s your 2020 mileage looking? Plus 2021 targets’ is closed to new replies.