Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • How’s your 2020 mileage looking? Plus 2021 targets
  • ajantom

271 hours
    4336km
    85,114m of elevation

Probably 90% MTB, with a bit of road and gravel. No indoor miles or commuting.
    I do own a turbo, but it just motivates me to get on the bike, as I hate it!

Hoping to hit 5000km by the end of the year. Got a few big rides planned over Xmas.

sgn23
    Free Member

Bloody hell @sacktwist that’s 2.5hrs and 87km every. single. day of the year…

And at 35kph average 😲

claudie

4700 miles for me, bit disappointed but have been struggling with a glute / sciatica issue for the last 10 months which the Phsyio’s can’t seem to fix

SimonR

Set out to do 5000 miles this year and just managed to do that so pretty chuffed. All outdoors and maybe one third off road – a bit more on the road this year keeping it local and with no travel or weekends away. It’s been good to have something to aim for along with exploring all the little lanes and tracks around us. Also did over 160,000 metres of climbing 😯

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Was hoping for 7,500 miles but think I’m going to fall shy by 5/600.
    Next year? Maybe the same aim.
    Being able to ride whilst all this c-19 crap is going on has helped keep me going. The wife and I working full time and juggling a 3/4 year old whilst everything was closed nearly broke me and my ptsd came back with a huge wallop. Those hour or two of being able to head out after work just gave my head a reprieve.

Pieface

2813 miles
    396,026 feet of elevation
    374 hours
    Was aiming to hit 3000 miles this year but only started aiming for that relatively late in the year.

Maybe I’ll need to run a bit harder in 2021, but I guess there’s still time in 2020

finephilly
    Free Member

Strava says
    2,000km distance
    22, 700m elevation.

It’s quite hilly where I live and I only log half of my rides so doubling those figures:

4,000km distance
    45km elevation.

Next year i’m aiming for 160km per week average – 8,500km and more logged rides. No target for elevation.
    85% road
    15% MTB

13thfloormonk

Rats, probably going to finish the year off hobbling around on a sore heel instead of knocking out a couple of centuries, don’t know if I have my new found enthusiasm for running to thank for that…

dpfr

7550 km x 182000 m ascent, about 60% MTB 40% road. Quite a big year for me. Lots of shortish lockdown rides, very few commutes to work

boblo
    Free Member

@13thfloormonk Sounds like a handy excuse. Extract a digit/man up/chop chop etc 😉

13thfloormonk

Sounds like a handy excuse. Extract a digit/man up/chop chop etc

Haha! Am pretty sure it’s just a bruised heel and not plantar fascitis so next week’s century is back on! The more I talk about it on here the more likely I’ll feel obliged to do it, nothing like the scrutiny of a bunch of strangers on the internet to spur you on 😉

SirHC

235 Rides (lockdown was out every other day)
    467h
    3196 Miles (Similar to last year)
    315,291ft (surprised by this as local lock down rides are pretty flat!)

Elevation is down a fair bit, last year there was 10 days in france, at 15,000+ft a day, a few uplift days, week in italy and a week in innerleithen.

Sandwich

Was on course for 6500km for this year but an operation sees me stuck at 5300km since early November with cycling not allowed before 27 December.

Last year was very poor at 492km due to a sick dog and no enthusiasm.

Next year I intend to break 10 000km and manage the Rapha Christmas challenge.

13thfloormonk

Rapha Christmas challenge

I’ve given up on ever achieving that, it basically seems impossible without incurring the eternal animosity of one’s lift partner/fellow child rearer.

#notbitter

chrisyork

My mileage this year, really poor as we bought a house and every riding weekend has been a pickaxing weekend or a painting weekend etc etc…

footflaps

I’ve given up on ever achieving that, it basically seems impossible without incurring the eternal animosity of one’s lift partner/fellow child rearer.

Just do it all in a single day and then spend the other 7 days with your family…

https://road.cc/content/news/matt-page-doing-festive-500-one-day-279611

martinhutch

Elevation is down a fair bit, last year there was 10 days in france, at 15,000+ft a day, a few uplift days, week in italy and a week in innerleithen.

Including elevation on uplifts is cheating!

cb200
    Free Member

Here we go, all packaged up and ready to go

Sandwich

36.5km of up so far this year, which is fair given I ride in Suffolk.
    The dog will be old enough for trail duties by next June. A new mtb will be needed for this as I have been without one since October 2018. Trail hard tail ordered yesterday for possible April delivery but I’m not holding my breath. How big a change a. I going to experience going from 26” wheeled lefty Cannondale (2007 vintage) to Merida big trail 500?

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘How’s your 2020 mileage looking? Plus 2021 targets’ is closed to new replies.