Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • How much will May lose her ‘meanigful’ vote by tomorrow ?
  • kimbers

Sweepstake time

How many votes will Maybot lose by tomorrow ?

(650 MPs in the house 316 Tories, 10 DUP,
    35 SNP,11 LD, 256 Labour, 4PC, 8 others)

Anyone think there’s some sort of chance that she will win ?

Closest gets a Daily Express commemorative Brexit Day shilling

I go for lose by 169 votes

****(yeah I know, another politics thread, so let’s just stick to a number)*****

imnotverygood

Lose by 75

scotroutes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rene59
    Free Member

It won’t go ahead. She’ll have someone set off the fire alarm.

v8ninety

I’m actually really worried that there will be a mass choke, loads of MPs will bottle it and she’ll scrape it by about 10 votes.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lose by 52 votes

BadlyWiredDog

I reckon she’ll postpone it again. She’s genuinely shameless and there’ll be some spurious guff about clarifying things further with the EU.

binners

I think she’ll pull it at the 11th hour again.

Apparently government is now a game of chicken

pk13

More Suprised the lib dems have 11 mps…
    Im going 50+ or the fire alarm went off option.

tomhoward

Is one of the 3 lab votes for it, Jezza?

perchypanther
    Free Member

69 dude!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another vote for her bottling it and claiming it was all in her horoscope tea leaves.

Murray

The dog will eat Mr Tusk’s letter. 200+ for a serious answer.

alanl
    Free Member

A win by 25 votes.

bigjim

yeah I reckon it’ll be cancelled again!

mattyfez

I think 50 to a hundred, pretty sure there will be some abstentions.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

People thought that the Tories would lose the last election, Trump had no chance as did majority for Article 52 in the referendum. I wouldn’t be shocked.

taxi25
    Free Member

I think it’ll go ahead. She’ll loose and the whole Brexit thing grinds to a halt and doesn’t happen. It’ll be her opportunity to blame parliment and not the government for failing to deliver Brexit. It’s what I’m kinda hope happens, but I’m usually wrong 🙁

akira

She’s going to fake a heart attack then nuke em from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

Vader
    Free Member

Lose by 81 votes.

Come division time, plenty of loud mouth no-vote MP’s will simply soil themselves.

jekkyl

I think it’ll pass. Just. **** sake I hope so, just sick of it, just get on with it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

170,pull.the vote and no confidence by a narrow majority.

Leftfield part…. Vince cable and kier stammer running the show by Monday

tonyg2003

I reckon by 60-80 votes. Anything over about 120-150 could mean her resigning but I can’t see her going. Then Corbyn will go for the no confidence vote (with all the tories and DUP behind her – they aren’t that stupid) and lose. Then he’ll hopefully realise that Brexit is not his mean to get into power and he should be aiming for the best Brexit for labour or a second referendum.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I reckon she’ll wear a low cut top, and all the Tory ‘bittys’ will cream themselves, spaffin their loads, and vote for her deal.

timbog160

Lose by 122. I don’t think it should count for the shilling if you put a range – that’s just a cop out!!

ravingdave

Looks like lots of Labour will abstein. I reckon she may well just squeak it through. bbc were showing tweets/quotes from some labour mps saying they will back it.

hillingdonbanana
    Free Member

I’m also afraid that she will just squeak through, or be close enough to still continue with the process.

Over the past few years I have done quite well betting against the consensus on politics (Referendum, Trump, GE etc), so I have put a few quid (£8) on her getting over 300 votes… £70 to £250 coming my way if she does.

franksinatra

She’ll win it by 20 votes

drnosh
    Free Member

I think the abstainers should be sacked.

They were voted in to do a job…make a decision either way.

You can’t be in business in the private sector and abstain from issues affecting your company.

Anyway, a number you say. Lose by 20.

mattyfez

Thinking about it more sensibly, looking to the last vote to force her to present a plan b within 3 days, not 20 odd.. A majority of 7 on a pretty full house..

The number of potential abstentions may well be the decider here and swing it in her favour. Labour Party, I’m looking at you.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone think there’s some sort of chance that she will win ?

There’s always a chance.

Leavers, more than anything want to leave, they vote for it, we leave and it’ll be easier to change terms when we’ve left (this is obviously nonsense as we lose vote and veto powers etc, but in Leaver Land black is white etc).

Remainders really don’t want a hard Brexit, the deal does retain some of the benefits of membership and there’s always the option to apply to rejoin later. If May loses tomorrow she may resign, leaving the PM job open to a BoJo or some other dick to try for an 11th hour deal and hard Brexit, she may call for a general election and Corbyn is a leaver maybe, just maybe a second vote and it’s not as clear cut as some would like you to think Remain would win… all the polls said remain would win last time.

epicyclo

She’ll lose by 35 votes.

When the Brexiteers realise that’s the size of the SNP, they’ll vote to throw Scotland out of the UK, thus ensuring a cast iron Brexit. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We live in hope, Brian. 😊

salad_dodger

Hilary Benn will ruin it for her and the vote won’t happen. It’s all in the hands of Mr Bercow.

kimbers

Oh yeah, forgot about labour abstentions

mickmcd
    Free Member

Eh wtf you onabout…brexival is going ahead….it has to….without a vote win there won’t be a brexival

Northwind

alanl
    Free Member

Currently 16 /1 with Corals that she gets 300+ votes.
    I’ll have a few pounds on that.

BruceWee

She’ll win by somewhere between 20 and 50.

Shower of ****.

mattyfez

Well to be honest, being perpetually tied to the EU isn’t the worst thing that can happen, I’d happily trust thier 27 minds against our 1 based on what I’ve seen from our 1.

Although ideally I’d like the deal to fail followed by an emergency cross party government and a retraction of a50.

I don’t belive a second referendum or a GE is useful as with either we’ll be faced with exactly the same stalemate rather than any kind of solution.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘How much will May lose her ‘meanigful’ vote by tomorrow ?’ is closed to new replies.