Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • How many people on here don't actually ride an MTB?
  • And why?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Depends, do you call a fatbike an extreme hybrid, or a rigid MTB? 😆

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well, you at the minute for a start…

😉

maxtorque

I don’t really “ride” my MTB, more just sit on top of it an wobble about a bit…… 😆

lunge

Me. I was always a mountain biker but got generally fed up with the faff and the needs to either ride 5 miles on the road or drive somewhere to get to the trails.

I now have a CX bike so do go off road on that, I also have 3 road bikes and a cargo bike but nothing that resembles an MTB.

akira

I don’t ride a mtb, I manhandle my steed.

matt_outandabout

What is this ‘MTB’ you speak of? Is it not a sled, ride or steed these days?

akira

Gnarpedo is also acceptable.

IHN

I have one, I’ve not ridden it for nearly a year.

Roadying is just easier straight out of the door…

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Me. My bikes were all stolen from my shed 2 years ago (uninsured) and had no cash for replacements so I got a new road bike on the bike to work scheme.

cinnamon_girl

I don’t ride a bike, will that do? 🙂

allan23
    Free Member

Ride regularly on a CX bike – 2 or 3 times a week, with the odd few weeks off here and there.

Got a Full Sus that I’m going through the I should sell it thoughts at the moment. Kept my old 90s hardtail that I ride more than my full sus.

The CX bike has killed the desire to load up the car and drive somewhere to ride a bike as there are loads of local roads and tracks to explore that always felt a bit silly on a big MTB.

ferrals
    Free Member

I am in such a state of zen-like flow I make no distinction between the bike and I, we are one harmonius, co-existing entitity. I certainly do not ‘ride’ the bike, we simply co-operate towards a mutual endevour for speed.

Unfortunately this sometimes makes getting off embarrasing when i forget to unclip

philjunior
    Free Member

Gnarpedo? Am I going to have to sell my gnarpoon to fund the deposit for one of those?

I’ve not MTBd in 8 weeks due to a broken wrist.

I’m allowed now, but I’m not going to have time this weekend (marathon training/mum visiting/DIY to be done) and I have a TT next week I want to be fresh for, but I am plotting about when I could fit an MTB ride in.

Piss off Luke 🙄 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me, I ride a CXer & Roadie.

I used to own a Niner One9 SS but sold that 2 years ago to a mate as it wasn’t being used.

I shouldn’t really be on here.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I rode my XC bike last night for the first time in about 6 months. Had a problem with the garmin and lost the ride, it’s not on strava so I’m now doubting it actually happened 😕

Edit… though the state of my arms from hugely overgrown brambles would suggest that it did happen!

I shouldn’t really be on here.

I’m a roadie [whisper]and a tester[/whisper] so definitely shouldn’t be on here!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Mainly just ride my tripster.. Swap between wheelsets for road / xc

kimbers

since the twins popped out 8 weeks ago mtbing has not been that frequent an occurence, nor has uninterrupted sleep 🙂

saying that, I missed the early train today and I was on my hardtail (commuter has a puncture too busy/tired to fix) so i snuck into the disused car park behind the station to mess around on the cheeky jumps the local yoof had built

buckster
    Free Member

Just a gnarbobber for hucking around on here

globalti
    Free Member

I don’t, I rode for 21 years and then one day I found a carbon road bike dumped in the brook behind my house, took it to the Police who gave it back a month later and I never rode the poor old Global again. The Ti frame is about to go on Ebay. I feel bad about it because I was once so fanatical about mountain biking that it drove my family mad, something they occasionally tease me about. But I have no interest in the mud and the chore of cleaning and maintaining the bike and kit. I’m even thinking of selling the Tricross to help fund the rather naughty Italian race bike I’ve just bought.

davidjey
    Free Member

Far too much road riding and racing for me these days. I have loads of great trails on my doorstep, but last time I rode a mountain bike? Strava says 5th May!

I did get a KOM tho 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

CX and Road but the mtb is gaining dust – classifieds if it doesn’t get used this summer.

stumpy01

Lack of time (crap excuse, I know) has forced my riding more & more onto the roads.
    I ride so infrequently at the moment & when I do it has to be a ‘get out & get it done’ type ride, that it invariably ends up being on the road.
    Off-road stuff on the doorstep is non-existent in my area, which doesn’t help.

The days of weekend all-day jaunts up to the peak district or weekends in Wales are a distant memory for the time being, due to Dad responsibilities.

I’ve resigned myself to it for the moment & am looking forward to the days when I can start to get out on the mountain bike again – 26″ wheels & triple chainsets might have come back into fashion again, so I should be all set!!

globalti
    Free Member

My bike was worn out and a deeply unfashionable build so another reason for stripping it and Ebaying the bits.

And yes, the days of the Friday afternoon car trip somewhere to ride, walk or climb for the weekend are long gone; the traffic is so bad I’d rather stay at home and ride from my front door.

freeagent
    Free Member

Only time I’ve ridden my MTB this year has been round the park with the kids.
    I do enjoy it, but time pressures mean I get more out of a 2-hour road ride straight from my front door, than out of an MTB ride which normally involves driving to a location/cleaning afterwards.

I’d sell it but I do use it when out for a ride with the kids, and a battered 2010 26″ wheeled Boardman isn’t worth a bean.

I sold a nice Boardman Hybrid last year, in hindsight I should have sold the MTB.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I sit in my cockpit and shred the sled

wicki
    Free Member

My MTBing is now reduced to canal tow path and bridleways after move to a new area where trail access is poor or to far away so I am CX ing and road mainly, but its due to location not desire.

Bez

I’ve very rarely ridden mine since we had kids. Road riding is just much easier to fit into life.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I jumped on the dandyhorse bandwagon fad a few years ago, then it died a death quite quickly. I’ve had mine on classifieds for ages with no takers.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I am not really feeling the MTB love at the moment.

A shite winter followed by a shite summer, injuries and illness, no quickly accessible riding for a fast jaunt and lack of free time have all compounded into one great lump of demotivation.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t own a mountain bike. Not even a CX bike. Nothing with tyres wider than 25c here.

iainc

sometimes have to force myself out, especially when weather is crap. Road bike can be easier option – it’s all riding though, and I do often have to tell myself to mtfu and remember when I was too ill to ride at all…..

buckster
    Free Member

This is fascinating actually as I can see my story in these posts. Mid’ish 90s I was racing National Sport cc, to get better/fitter/stronger, I started to train on a road bike and never rode my MTB again. Then I raced road and track until family pressures meant even that was not possible (weekend travel plu 15hrs plus training plus career etc).

Now Im back on an MTB because the kids have grown and love the dirt jumps and its just a giggle, bike parks are a laugh and the trails such as they are my way are quiet as everyone’s out riding the roads in their Team SKY kit on carbon speed weapons 🙄

toby1

Forgive me father for I have sinned – it has been over a year since my last MTB ride.

I have a 5 hanging on the wall of the garage that could be described as low mileage at the moment.

Cruiser BMX is more fun in less time, with less mess and possible closer to home, but I really miss the mud and the fun of MTB. Probably get it back out in September for some late summer weekend warrioring.

dragon
    Free Member

Nope almost never ride my mtb, a combination of time restraints and not liking the segmentation of the whole scene; now to many folk think pushing bikes acceptable as its so Enduro 👿

the-muffin-man

Not ridden properly for a couple of years now – just family plods.

Lack of time, being Dad-Taxi to a 13 year old and as we both work full-time the need to balance family life with ‘me’ time.

Mountain biking takes up a lot of time, and I’d rather not do it than ride once a fortnight and feel rubbish every time I went out.

I’ll get back to it one day, until then the bikes will remain in the shed.

irc

So I’m not the only non MTB rider here. Well I do have one hanging in the shed but these days if I’m going to the hills I’ll usually take the dog not the MTB. Still riding my tourer locally and getting away for a tour here and there.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Sold my last mtb in a moment of mega-skintness associated with buying a house…

Can’t see me getting another any time soon. The time I used to spend biking I now just go hillrunning instead, which gives me a similar buzz but is much, much cheaper.

plus-one

Mtb free here now too … After years of travel and faff/ever changing standards and added on drivel I’ve never enjoying
    Biking as much 😀

More riding less down time 🙂

Cx and road bikes only

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘How many people on here don't actually ride an MTB?’ is closed to new replies.