Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • House backing onto primary school playing field
  • zilog6128

“Time based needs”. Jesus wept 😂 Translation: I am a **** and I will do what I like. 🤣 You are not allowed to park over a drive if it’s a dropped kerb. It’s not rocket science.

Kryton57

Nope, homeowner is completely in the right here. Parking across someones drive is a dick move whatever way you try to spin it. It happens enough times that people lose tolerance and “understanding”.

Although doing it for a few minutes with consideration for the person entering / exiting doesn’t hurt anybody.   No need for the either party to have an argument about it.

I am a **** and I will do what I like.

Exactly my point, both the driver and the homeowner think the same, without any consideration or empathy of the other.   I’m not suggesting either is right in causing a fracas.  But despite the fact your are correct in your assertion or parking across a dropped kerb, if its not causing anyone an issue and you know it to be temporary and specifically for a school drop off, why not have some patience?

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m not sure what your implication there is johndoh.

I’m implying that it sounds suspiciously like bollocks that you know the exact reasons why the homeowner didn’t want their drive blocking and that it was they that were in the wrong despite having someone block their drive.

why not have some patience

Why should they? It’s their drive, it’s their access.

Kryton57

Why should they?

My point exactly.   The humanity of giving/sharing/patience/helping someone else has vanished.   God forgive I can’t let someone use park over “MY” access for a couple of minute when I don’t need to use it.

johndoh
    Free Member

when I don’t need to use it.

My point exactly. You don’t know that they don’t need access and they don’t know how long the car is going to be left there.

Kryton57

You don’t know that they don’t need access and they don’t know how long the car is going to be left there.

You do if you go and ask.   Anyway, obviously the approach to ignore the understanding of the needs of others is the advocate here, why spoil a good daily mail style rant when you don’t have to.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s an offence to park over my driveway.

It’s also an offence for me to drive in out of my own driveway.

The council, in their infinite stupidity, painted solid white boxes with white cross hatching on the road outside all of the driveways in my street due to the high level of complaints about parents blocking driveways while picking up the kids from the primary school at the end of the street.

The irony is that the primary school was demolished 11 years ago, 3 years before the lines were painted. It’s now a car park.

johndoh
    Free Member

You do if you go and ask.

Yes because that happens all the time doesn’t it. And what ‘need’ does someone have to block access to a drive other than an inability to be bothered to park thoughtfully because it might mean their walking a little bit further? You are trying to defend something that is indefensible.

hels
    Free Member

I lived opposite a primary school for five years, although wasn’t home during the day during the week often. “parking” is flattering – cars were frequently abandoned, double parked, squiffy angles, blocking the road so the rural school buses couldn’t get by etc etc.

The crisp packets and plastic bottles in the front yard was also an issue, the trick is to keep it neat and tidy and they blow across to somebody else’s yard.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The irony is that the primary school was demolished 11 years ago, 3 years before the lines were painted.

Superb.

dashed
    Free Member

teethgrinder
    Subscriber

Prudhoe, if anyone is bothered.

Actually, I am 🙂 I went to Prudhoe High (in the mid 90s)…

scruff
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences but has anyone mentioned the get there an hour before the kids leave school parents having conversations on the phone with car speakers on full? Whilst engine is idling of course.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Our time based needs often mean the two clash, and the current level of entitlement in today’s society often leads to everyone thinking it is thier right to do there thing when they want without regard to others.

Yes but the car driver is fully in the wrong pure and simple and is the one taking the piss in this situation.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘House backing onto primary school playing field’ is closed to new replies.