• This topic has 279 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 280 total)
  • Hora's new frame time. My word its nice.
  • scruff
    Free Member

Under 24hrs reposting and lazy 2nd time aswell 😛

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-chris-king-headset-green-2

steve_b77
    Free Member

I always had the thought that Hora was a sprightly young thing with a liking for ill fitting frames due to excessive radness

druidh
    Free Member

Has Hora sold enough stuff on Classifieds to be called a Trader?

fasthaggis

Has hora ridden enough frames to be called a test pilot? 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Meh. No fun now!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bye bye mr bigbaws….fancy registering a new login just to post that!

hora
    Free Member

Mr bigbaws? What happened? Deleted/modded post?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody else think that all the spendaholics on here are a bit sad?

godzilla
    Free Member

No.

ndg
    Free Member

Hora – saturday, meeting at the layby on the right on the way up to the derwent visitors centre, no idea on pace…..

druidh
    Free Member

I reckon they’re mostly quite happy having that money to spend. Are you sad that you don’t?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Hora, someone registered a new account and posted something along the lines of “Is it just me or does Hora look like a paedophile”….I thought that it was a little ott if I’m honest! Perhaps it was Elfin-he has previous 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

ndg – Member
    Hora – saturday, meeting at the layby on the right on the way up to the derwent visitors centre, no idea on pace…..

We’ll be pootling round there on Sat. Keep an eye out for a battered black Hemlock and a slightly less battered white El Guapo being minced…

hora
    Free Member

monkeycmonkeydo – Member

Err I drop a few hundred on something that will return a few hundred and you start a topic on Jag XFs as though you were considering one?

Northwind

monkeycmonkeydo – Member

Nope. Anyone else think that worrying about what other people do with their money is more than a bit sad?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I think its all a pyschological crutch for empty lost souls.I think hora etc would be happier if they spent some money on counselling instead.They are in a state of addiction whilst the rest of you are suffering from envy.The only two acceptable states our rulers encourage.Your victims of Capitalist brainwashing.RESIST.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Druid,how have you worked out that I dont?

Bregante

I think its all a pyschological crutch for empty lost souls.I think hora etc would be happier if they spent some money on counselling instead.They are in a state of addiction whilst the rest of you are suffering from envy.The only two acceptable states our rulers encourage.Your victims of Capitalist brainwashing.RESIST.

I think you’re underestimating hora to be fair. He is a complex character. The man is an enigma, wrapped in a conundrum. Unfortunately he’s also a bit of a nob. Nice bloke tho’ 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

So far this year I have had an ASR-5, a Blur TRc and now a SB66c, if my current life is sad I cant wait for it to get better.

Bregante

My heart goes out to you stewartc. That sounds tough.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I dont think Horas a knob.I read his posts about his background and life.It made me wonder if all this pointless consumerism him and others are taking part in is merely a cover for deeper mental health problems.I think the many bike(crack) dealers who enjoy and encourage his posts are merely making matters worse.Let’s face it a £500 bike would be fine for what 99% of you do.But the greedheads need you to be dissatisfied in order to make big profits.Its all about the Fetishism of commodities.

Bregante

So, did you get the Jag?

I reckon a £1000 car would get you from A to B in pretty much the same way as an XF.

monkeycmonkeydo – Member
    Any of you bought a jag on credit?Seen any good credit deals about?

POSTED 4 MONTHS AGO # REPORT-POST

tomhoward

IHN

I dont think Horas a knob.I read his posts about his background and life.It made me wonder if all this pointless consumerism him and others are taking part in is merely a cover for deeper mental health problems.I think the many bike(crack) dealers who enjoy and encourage his posts are merely making matters worse.Let’s face it a £500 bike would be fine for what 99% of you do.But the greedheads need you to be dissatisfied in order to make big profits.Its all about the Fetishism of commodities.

Oi, don’t you go trying to fix Hora; he’s what the rest of us use to make ourselves feel better.

hora
    Free Member

You do realise that I buy all my frames secondhand and up until recently my XTR mech had been on every bike that I’ve owned since 2002. My Saint cranks (edit-replaced last month as the crank arm fell off) had been on my bike since 2004. etc etc. The frames and forks change- the most recent forks are £250 sale ones as everyone is scared of Mazzorchi 55’s. I’ve very good at frame-swaps. The difference between me and others is I verbalise what I’d like alot- but isn’t that bang on topic on a bike forum? Verbalising what you’d like is different to actually buying. The last brand new frame from a dealer was back in 2009 – even then it was new old stock (a £650 Blur 4X). So am I ‘stupid’ I don’t think it lost much when it came to sale.

The Jag: I’m not picking but the majority of fast cars bought and driven in the UK are bought and driven by people who have no clue about their potential. Yet there will be a Sparkie or delivery driver who could drive the nuts off the thing with class. Do you yearn to be an automotive wannabe/All the gear? Don’t begrudge another mans toys. Enjoy life huh?

Just chill. Lifes too short though, in your nursing home -what will you regret?

So far this year I have had an ASR-5, a Blur TRc and now a SB66c, if my current life is sad I cant wait for it to get better.

LOVE IT. I’d LOVE TWO OF THOSE. :mrgreen: If we ever meet – could I have a spin?

Unfortunately he’s also a bit of a nob

Phew as long as you don’t call me a Pleb :mrgreen:

Like a lot of folk life is stressful for me- I come on here to be a bit of a dick, joke, relax, not to take myself too seriously. If you come onto a forum all stiffly/uptight and confrontational – what is your life like?! Chill for ****sake.

IA

Not sure why people are hating on someone for having lots of bikes.

Riding bikes is fun.

Riding new bikes is fun – they’re all different. It can make old trails seem new riding them on a new bike.

Building up new bikes is fun.

Owning bikes is fun.

It’s all bikes, it’s all good!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not sure why people are hating on someone for having lots of bikes.

I don’t. I just roll my eyes and tut a bit. 🙂

Those Lyriks are still going well Hora…! I’ve tried to break em but I can’t. 🙂

Amen brother!

binners

hora
    Free Member

Since time immortal men have liked ‘their time’ alone, music on building and crafting. Music on, beer and tinkering. Perfect.

binners

How long does it take you to strip and rebuild a frame nowadays? I reckon you’ve more experience than most bike shop mechanics. I think we need to put a stopwatch on it for your next build. so…. next week?…..

😉

tinman66
    Free Member

Really don’t understand why people get so uptight about other people spending their own money.

I go to work, I earn it, I spend it on whatever I want. Quite a simple theory really, I don’t care what anyone else spends their money on and I don’t have to justify how much I spend to anyone (apart from Mrs Tinman, maybe.)

My carbon Stumpy Evo is awesome, I love it and yes it was expensive and yes its considerably more capable than I’ll ever be. Do I care? Not a jot.

wwaswas

Your victims of Capitalist brainwashing.RESIST.

You’re not a victim of the grammar police. COMPLY.

Junkyard
    Free Member

.I read his posts about his background and life.It made me wonder if all this pointless consumerism him and others are taking part in is merely a cover for deeper mental health problems.

Swapping frames is not my thing but that is way OTT

He likes to change frames and is quite sporting about his “issue”/”addiction” /choices.

Who cares its his life and money.

funkrodent

As someone who has gone from 0-60 in a matter of months when it comes to general bike/frame spend and ownership, I empathise entirely with Hora. At the end of the day, his is merely the latest manifestation of that inestimable British tradition of the amateur enthusiast who throws himself heart and soul into his hobby of choice. It is this unswerving dedication to the cause, coupled with a nonchalant attention to detail, that has helped this small island produce some of the greatest inventors, soldiers and empire builders in the history of humanity. I for one salute his courage as he continues to strive in the face of overwhelming odds (AKA the perfect bike doesn’t exist, or does up until the point that you see the next one, or n+1)

EDIT – The verbose language used could make my post seem sarcastic. It’s not though – I was just enjoying playing with words. Sentiment is spot on, Hora is merely a continuation of the great British amateur enthusiast – a class to whom we all, to a greater or lesser extent, belong and I for one salute him (+ I’ve actually learnt a lot about bikes etc from the threads he’s started/been involved in)

Euro
    Free Member

the perfect bike doesn’t exist

Adapt and overcome.

hora
    Free Member

You know those that tend to complain about others bikes are those that ride a SS, fully rigid or owned the bike for 10yrs. Not a problem but I’ve found said people don’t have a lot of disposable income (neither do I) but seem to begrudge others and what others spend. That also leaves a bitter taste in my mouth but for different reasons to theirs.

Their are 30yr old men driving round in new Porsche’s. It’ll chew you up if you resent folk.

I’d love a Nicolai or carbon Santa Cruz- I can’t afford but it doesn’t stop me for admiring one on the trail no matter how its ridden. Rilled me abit- I’ve never been arrested, had a speeding ticket etc etc yet I get abused for dreaming about bikes, bikes and more bikes non-stop on a bicycled forum. 🙄

Its Christmas.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I for one salute his courage and his indefatiquability

😉

FTFY

mamadirt
    Free Member

Lifes too short though, in your nursing home -what will you regret?

binners

Have you been at the Sherry already Hora?

hora
    Free Member

Ah heres the Warrington Whippet 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘Hora's new frame time. My word its nice.’ is closed to new replies.