• This topic has 279 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 280 total)
  • Hora's new frame time. My word its nice.
  • hora
    Free Member

New/old stock.

Now to find a shock for this beaut.

:mrgreen:

wwaswas

looks nice 🙂

*awaits “will a Foes shock fit my new frame?” post*

hora
    Free Member

The photo doesn’t do it justice. It also comes with a low BB shock mount already fitted. I am genuinely excited. I’ve not been like this over a frame for a very long time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

new bikes are always ace, some acer than others.

I’ll look forward to doing a critique of your garden shortly 😉

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll give you 150 for it when you sell it next week.

IHN

Nice. I love custom Ti hardtails.

binners

Which chinese factory did you supply your measurements too, to get them to build your titanium hardtail, in the end?

Oh…. hang on a minute? 😉

iridebikes
    Free Member

They are great bikes , what are you planning to use it for?

hora
    Free Member

I’ll give you 150 for it when you sell it next week.

Why not invest in the Enduro frame that I’m selling then? 8)

They are great bikes , what are you planning to use it for?

Everything. I only own one bike.

😆 The worrying thing is I looked around google etc alot. A few stories on Mtbr about frame failures and some of the weld finishing was slightly honeycombe in effect. Didn’t inspire confidence when you say to someone hey I’m a heavy/fat fecker I just bought a cheap ti frame from China

P20

😆

footflaps

It will make a great phat bike!

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll take it for a tenner…

wwaswas

and to think I didn’t believe those rumours when I heard them.

binners

what are you planning to use it for?

Riding the mile down to the Marble Beer House where it will look ridiculously out of place, nestled among the fixies outside 😆

hora
    Free Member

Call it £15 then me and binners could roast you Premiership-Player stylee

Riding the mile down to the Marble Beer House where it will look ridiculously out of place, nestled among the fixies outside

Lovely wasn’t it- pity it was a medium. This is a large. :mrgreen:

IHN

*deep American voice*

Appearing sooooon, in a classifieds section near youuuuuu

IHN

This is a large

Who are you and what have you done with Hora?

renton
    Free Member

doesnt this have the same or nealry the geometry as the enduro you are selling.

plus the enduro is a lighter frame??

clubber
    Free Member

oh, I’d do THAT for free with Hora… I’ve heard that it’s all smoke and mirrors anyway…

RustyMac

Good god no please don’t tell me he has bought a bike that may be the right size for him!!!!

lord help us all.

*is sure Hora will make up for this next time by buying a 14″ jump bike at a XC weapon* 😉

wwaswas

Good god no please don’t tell me he has bought a bike that may be the right size for him!!!!

we’ll have weeks of what stem length/can I run a layback seatpost back to front as my TT is too long threads 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

doesnt this have the same or nealry the geometry as the enduro you are selling.

plus the enduro is a lighter frame??

SssssHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

binners

At the risk of opening a right old can of worms: what forks are going on it?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is that the horrible Poo brown colour? Thats what my Enduro was like before I stripped it.

What size shock does it take? I have a Monarch+ on my Enduro and it feels great, I have tried DHX Airs and Vanilla RC’s but the Monarch+ is the best.

IHN

what forks are going on it?

Rigids, for chuckability

hora
    Free Member

what forks are going on it?

The best forks. 2011 TST2 shimmed stacked/converted 55’s of course. Glad I took the risk voiding the warranty doing that mod.

I’m selling a 09 Enduro BTW not the earlier one.

thepodge
    Free Member

Poor hora, he’s had the enduro a year now but you’re all still ribbing him.

luffy105
    Free Member

Do they have any more for sale Hora?

hora
    Free Member

I_Ache- can you run the same eye-to-eye/stroke on the old Enduro as the SX? What length etc is yours? I’ll keep a lookout for a Monarch+ as well then

Do they have any more for sale Hora?

Sadly not but crazyknowledge on here who sold it to me seems to have alot of new/old stock

Alex

Is it one of these?

Chicksands December 07 (3) by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Loved mine. Even managed 36 miles in the Peaks one day on it. I did have to go and lie down for a week afterwards tho. It was SO MUCH fun DH, rather less the other way.

Coil shock FTW.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s Brown isn’t it?
    It looks Brown to me..
    It is Brown, noooo can’t be..

Wot size weels? Them small 26″ jobbies or a grown up Mans 29″

I’ve some brand new Bonty Carbon 720mm bars and a ritchey 80mm stem that would go on that nice like.. init.

Please God, no white rims.

binners

Get a gert big ****-off GNAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR coil shock on it!!!!

njee20
    Free Member

No shock = warranty frame, not NOS. Not that that really matters.

hora
    Free Member

Binners if I could afford it’d be ti.

If anyone sees any shocks for sale along the lines of:

8.75 x 2.75 (2nd choice), 9 x 2.75 (preferred) or 8.5 x 2.75 give me a shout? 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Im sure its not far off 09 enduro geometry but a lot heavier!!

plus these frame bob like a bitch to, my old one had a dhx5 on it and still bobbed around.

what are you trying to achieve hora??

hora
    Free Member

Renton I’ve ridden both that gen SX and the Enduro I’ve got now- I never really got on with this Enduro- always top-heavy feeling. The older SX does bob and doesn’t climb brilliantly but its just soooo much more planted and inspiring for a average rider like me.

renton
    Free Member

fair one like !! i really liked my 06 one but just couldnt get on with the weight of it !!

should build up quite nice though !

vinnyeh

Hell, Hora you must have legs of steel!
    I had the Enduro from that vintage when I lived in the Peak, and found it bloody awful to drag round, specially in the winter- a full build of that SX with a coil and TST2 must be going to come close to 40 lbs! Good luck with it though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Hora its a 222 xx 66mm (8.75×2.6″) so looks like it will fit but give you around 156mm travel.

plus these frame bob like a bitch to, my old one had a dhx5 on it and still bobbed around.

Of course its going to bob like billy-o with a DHX 5 on it, its a DH shock (the name gives it away) its not designed to be firm when pedaling up a steep fire road.

FWIW mine does bob a bit but with the compression on full it is almost locked out. As it is a 3 position compression leaver i can easily flip it round to open if I want. I normally just leave it in the middle setting and the bike is great.

hora
    Free Member

vinnyeh- I had a medium new shape SX trail that I bought and sold on for a trip to the Alps last year. I’d have kept it if it had been a smidge lighter or longer but…. I climbed it from Edale to the top of Mam Tor on the road without stopping. I was VERY SLOW though. Just turning the cranks 😆

Cheers I_ache- if you see a similar one give us a shout. The search starts 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘Hora's new frame time. My word its nice.’ is closed to new replies.