Home Forums Chat Forum Help me plan Summer 2025. Mtb and via Ferrara.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me plan Summer 2025. Mtb and via Ferrara.
    i_like_food

I’m planning a 9 day trip to Europe with my 15 yr old son next summer holidays. Leave Saturday, return the following Monday.

Driving down (me doing all the driving obviously) and then riding and doing some via ferrata.

We’re happy riding blacks, and prefer off piste adventures to bike parks. VF-wise we’ve done a few but aren’t big climbers, we’re keen to do some exposure/adventures.

Been to BSM/Les Arc/Tignes before, so would like to try somewhere new.

What would you do, where would you go? How would you find trails?

Will need to camp/go cheap, so sadly no catered chalet and guide.

All advice appreciated!

mrhoppy

Durance Valley, loads of small bike parks and a fair amount of VF available and rafting, etc. if you want that too.

martinhutch

Val Gardena in the Dolomites. Beautiful place, small bike park and, as you’d expect, loads of hut to hut/VF type stuff.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I agree with @mrhoppy

https://www.viaferrata-fr.net/via-ferrata-departement-5.html

I would look at camping somewhere like Les Vigneaux. You can catch a bus up to Puy Saint Vincent, ride uplift all day and then ride back to the campsite via the Via Novo.

Good biking at Les Orres, Montgenevre, Serre Chevallier, also Risoul and Vars.

TBH, you’ll need 3 weeks…

mrhoppy

Good biking at Les Orres, Montgenevre, Serre Chevallier, also Risoul and Vars.

FTFY!

mrhoppy

We’re looking at going to Guillestre, there is a Navette up to Risoul from town that you can put the bikes on, ride the uplifts then take off piste back into town at the end of the day, or take a single uplift then head into Vars, or off the back and down to towards Embrun then take the train back. And there’s supposed to be decent riding out around the Dauphins castle at the bottom of the Guil valley. Putting all that there I’m not sure why we’re only looking at doing 1 week.

The train running up the valley opens up some interesting rides.

Guillestre is also home to Dedan Dehars which is the most amazing restaurant.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.