Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • rockhopper70

I’m assuming the trousers are being made up in hebden but is the cloth being woven local too?

nigew
    Free Member

Alternatively, Spencer Trousers in nearby Sowerby Bridge will make you a pair of made to measure trousers in any style, cut or fabric. I think I paid 70 quid for my last pair, in moleskin. They’ve got patterns going back 150 years, and have been family owned since then https://www.spencers-trousers.com

Yeah for sure. Nigel from Spencers was in OldGate last night. Ed saw him and he wished us well. Nigel goes riding with the gang from Blazing Saddles a bit. I approached him with my idea for this project a few months ago but it didn’t fit with the way he wanted to run his business. I have a pair of moleskin trousers he made-to-measure for me that are really nice.
    Thank you for the kind words guys.
    It’s great that folk like Brant and Ed want to support what is left of an industry that employed thousands of people in the past and all at Spencers wish you well in your new venture!

CHB

Here here! UK needs to make more stuff. We are actually better at it than we give ourselves credit for.

miketually
    Free Member

*bump* for trouser day…

drlex
    Free Member

I’ve joined Kickstarter (Kekstarter?) for this, but no hebtroco! What am I doing wrong? Do I have to wait for the chelebridy-spotted warehouse party launch, c/w Russo-tiki fusion nibbles and Pocari sweat cocktails?
    (Also http://hebtro.co/ hasn’t updated)

miketually
    Free Member

They took down the draft page link to on page 1. Launch should be sometime this afternoon.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’m on tenterhooks here!

footflaps

After some last minute design changes (based on this thread), they’ve launched Rev 2.0

johnx2
    Free Member

Ah! Yorkshire kecks. Extra deep pockets to go with my short arms and they soon pay for themselves (unlike the wearer…)

brant
    Free Member

We’re live.

CHB

19 backers in the first 15 minutes! Good show. Got my order in.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a pair too.

wwaswas

quarter of the way there – good going 🙂

jonnym92

Backed.

GregMay
    Free Member

Moi aussi.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Backed. I’ll have mine in green please.

slowoldman

Look just the job for a slow old man. So I’m in.

somafunk

I’ve joined the trouser love-in/brigade as well, time to start saving for a pair of the Converse i mentioned on page two.

Brant – can you post a better pic of the dark navy & grey colours?

Cheers,

theotherjonv

got as far as putting the CC details in and ready to hit pledge, but haven’t yet found anywhere to put my colour / sizing requirements in?

Did I miss it? Does it come up after the ‘pledge’ button? Or is that something that’ll be sorted later once the funding goal is reached?

somafunk

I imagine Brant will be be in touch for our details once the funding target has been reached – that’s what usually happens on Kickstarter.

beej

Also backed. I just liked how they kept saying “trousers” on the video.

theotherjonv

I just want to make sure because I’m not at home with a tape measure to be able to measure my favourite jeans at the moment.

So I want to pledge to make sure I don’t miss out but if they need size info, I’d be guessing which wasn’t the plan for a pair of £95 trouser hand woven by artisan bearded virgins 😉

**** it, I’ll press pledge. And sort it out with Brant or Ed after if needs be.

PS: I really really really want pair #14 if that’s possible. Sentimental value that i don’t want to explain.

[edit] – pledged; looks like I’m #91.

everyone
    Free Member

Ugh I really want a pair but I can’t afford/justify the cost.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Fair play Brant – 32/34″ or overlocked.

nickc

Well, nearly 100 already pledge d and the kickstarter has only been going acouple of hours, so if you want a pair do it tonight!!

maccruiskeen

I’d still be wanting to see better pictures to tempt my wallet out of the trousers I’m wearing. Not artfully black and white or wistful instamatic shots but well exposed photos of garments, in focus, in decent light – and perhaps just for fun – managing to the get the whole garment in the frame. The grey looks like it could possibly be nice, but I can’t really tell if the seemingly nice tone of the grey is an artefact of photos and filters.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m in.
    Good luck Ed and Brant

Harry_the_Spider

Pledged.

sturmeyarcher

I’m in @ #99.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d still be wanting to see better pictures to tempt my wallet out of the trousers I’m wearing.

Asos have some moleskin slacks for a tenner. Only in black though. 🙁

toofarwest

In 😀

Happy new trousers.

drlex
    Free Member

Stride sales soar – I’m to be the 116th best clothed man in Britain.
    At this rate, the pantaloon portcullis will drop tonight, leaving the bare-legged gnashing at the unidimensional their procrastination has produced.

nickc

50 pairs left!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Brant and Ed…..
    If the 176 get sold quickly will the production/delivery/money taken be brought forward?

Bunnyhop

Taking the hems up is easy.
    Stand on a chair (wearing the trousers and shoes).
    Tuck the hem up to desired length,pin,(you will need someone to do this for you) then walk around a bit, in front of a mirror if possible.Walking around you may find they need dropping a few millimeters or so.
    Turn inside out and handsew. Obviously use the correct colour thread.
    Voila!

I think this is marvelous. Buying good quality, British made clothing is the way forward.

matt_outandabout

I like. I want. I don’t have the cash at the moment.

Good luck with this – I think there are so many UK businesses that need ‘restarting”…,

footflaps

I think there are so many UK businesses that need ‘restarting”.

Do you think we can get £3.5b pledged to buy back Corus and make a few 1000Tonnes of Steel?

m0rk
    Free Member

Dammit. I must be an odd shape based on my favourite trousers

Ed-O
    Free Member

Self obsessed rubbish in my opinion. Should have been called HebBroCo

matt_outandabout

SlacksFoBrosCo.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.