Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Have you ever had a wild poo?
  • tonyd

russ – are you not supposed to just hang your arse over the side?!

globalti
    Free Member

Went on a 2 week walk through Knoydart once, living off Raven freeze dried ration packs that had been stashed along the route by Landy.

First morning all the expedition members disappeared behind a wall with the entrenching tool and all came back with a puzzled look on their faces. When my turn came the reason became clear… what started out as a healthy shiny length of brown cable suddenly faded mid-length to bright flourescent green, which it remained for the rest of the fortnight. No idea why.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Outdoor men pooh anywhere all the time. My question though is – whenever using whatever is to hand to wipe the “area” down, do you worry about ticks, and if so, do you ask a friend, partner,relation to check. And if said tick is in an awkward position (the tick as well as your “partner”) how do you remove the blighter? – the tick that is!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

steps of catholic church on sat night , 7pm, high street, —must go someday and confess….

lanvale
    Free Member

For years I carried loo paper in my sock when I went for long runs, the impacting just seemed to bring them on. No point in fighting it, do what nature intended. Not had the problem on my bike though.

russ295
    Free Member

Probably but there was young children aboard and I was a very small boat.
    Would have scarred them for life!

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

Had to jump off the bike once in the peak district and hover over a clump of heather.
    And pick a few dock leaves.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Ha ha – I just had to “log in to post”!

My experience was as a self-conscious 17 year-old Venture Scout spending the night camping next to Red Tarn at the summit of Helvellyn.

Didn’t really know what the done thing was, so I went and rolled over a boulder and set about obliterating the spiders nest under there. Only once I was sprouting a hefty fifth appendage did a helicopter full of Japanese tourists pop up over Striding Edge and start snapping away…cue involuntary pinching off blade action and a nasty clean up job…

samuri
    Free Member

I remember waiting for a CX race to start once, looking round and seeing one of the entrants taking a last minute weight loss dump against a tree.

I know that sounds like he was hidden from view but he wasn’t. Not from all the riders, or the spectators, or the people’s who’s houses lined the edge of the start line.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I guess a lot of current and forces guys will have a more relaxed approach to toileting privacy than the man in the street..

nikk
    Free Member

Heard the army trick is to vaseline up yourself before going, makes your arse non-stick apparently.

Totally scenic one by Strathchallech up by Cape Wrath. Me solo, could see for miles (to the horizon) in all directions. Not a soul in sight. Peat bog is easy to dig as well. Realized the source of the expression “going to the bog”. Wet ones FTW!

To those doing passive-aggressive dumps in grouse butts – remember it is likely to be the hard working game keeper that has to go clean up your turd, not the ‘toff’ (more likely an American businessman in any case, bringing money and jobs to the rural economy and helping maintain the wild countryside from over-development etc etc).

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i have a very relaxed attitude to cable laying, its others who seem to find it objectionable..

stratman
    Free Member

Numerous when running – including one in Germany which made me rather nervous

The most memorable was when I was running on quiet-ish roads beside the Seine in Paris a couple of years ago. Became desperate and was plotting how I could use benches when I saw a tennis club that was open. The most welcome French toilet ever.

Now I always try to evacuate before leaving as I only seem to run in London

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hundreds of times while a Squaddie.

Which reminds me of the time my mate was wearing full NBC kit and went to drop the kids off at the pool while wearing one…

👿 😆

philtricklebank

Grid Ref NY 192075

During the ascent of Scafell Pike via Lingmell, beautiful views down Wasdale. First half was like a toffee crisp, second half was very different, like a smooth pine cone. I have pictures but I suspect that may lead to a ban.

eskay

Had one in the sea once when I was about 12, to my horror it floated!

Moses

The question about ticks reminded me:
    Many years ago, in the wettish season in Nepal, in the rhodedendron forests. The damp ground was swarming with smallish leeches, which were attracted by the early wafts of gas as I (or we) dropped our trousers and prepared to poo. You could see the little buggers looping towards our backsides as we dumped: the leaf-litter looked alive. We had to squat, drop a little, shuffle a couple of feet away to avoid the leeches, & repeat. If we’d dropped our cheeks too close to the ground, one of the blighters would have crawled up. It has been known…
    😯

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I did a log on a log. Used my socks for the wipeage as my 4 squares of paper that has done for every other crap I’ve ever had to clean up didn’t do the trick.

MrOvershoot

I thought we had “touched cloth” on this before & I was right

have-you-ever-had-a-wild-poo

jekkyl

lol thanks Mr shoot I thought I had done it on a different forum, seems not. Ho hum. Now where next?!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My last one was just behind Meanach bothy, dug hole with provided spade, let rip, wiped bum with toilet wipes, buried poo.
    Previous one was on the NYM, went behind some trees & miraculously found a 3 layer empty fertiliser bag, extracted middle layer as bog paper!

flip456
    Free Member

a climbing buddy of mine can’t help himself and has to have a dump at every crag we go to. he was completely unfazed by showing his arse to a packed stanage one busy sunday afternoon.

takisawa2

I’m currently enjoying the irony of reading this while on the throne…

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever had a wild poo?’ is closed to new replies.