Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Have you ever dodged a serious crime?
  • martinhutch

Most notable thing about him at the time really was a preference for drinking large glasses of fresh orange and lemonade which 40 years later is a refreshing designated-driver drink our family still refer to as a ‘Jimmy Saville

O&L ruined for me forever, thanks! 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

lthough I don’t think I dodged anything, I was fairly close to a couple of infamous crimes. In 1987 I was in my second year of a Computer Science Degree at Thames Poly. I was made team leader for an assignment group including a student called Mahmood Hussein who was retaking the year. I gradually became fed up of trying to chase him up for his contribution to the team effort. Anyway after a short break for a reading week or Easter we found out he wasn’t coming back to college because he had been arrested for the murder of a third year (from the same course at Thames) student at Preston, who was out on an industrial training placement. The third year started going out with an ex of the murderer who went to confront him at his digs. After killing Peter Mosley he also murdered his two flatmates. I think he was released from prison in 2010.

Spooky

I remember this very well as I’d spent the previous 2 terms in this house as a student with the 3 guys who were murdered

I’d finished my final exams and headed home to start looking for a job, one lunch time there was this story on the local news, not that close really but it hit home as I knew these guys quite well by that stage

choppersquad
    Free Member

^^^That is truly shocking.

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever dodged a serious crime?’ is closed to new replies.