Home Forums Bike Forum Gwydir Mawr & Bach

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gwydir Mawr & Bach
  • craig24
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Gwydir Mawr & Bach for the first time on Sunday.

Is it possible to park at Betws-y-Coed and join the trail nearby?

johnnystorm

It’s a little way out. There are plenty of free parking options right by the trail.

Either right at the start point or part way round by some of the old mine buildings. Park by the buildings and then you can pop your bikes back in the car and have a nose about without worrying your bike will get pinched!

jekkyl

free parking on all the carparks, it’s mint! enjoy.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Park in Betws and ride to the centre, cross the bridge and ride up through the trees. You join just after the new part, by the track with the steps.

You end there and get a lovely ride back through the trees.

I’ve only ever ridden that way, as that’s where we’d park before the Marin track was built

fossy

You aren’t that far out of the Village to start from there. We parked at the small, main ar park at the ‘trail head’. Fair bit of climbing to do, but a great trail.

chakaping

Parking in betws is more of a headache than parking at the forest car parks.

breninbeener

Its way easier to park at the start point than mess about in Betws with parking.

craig24
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like I’m best using the car park then. It was just for a post ride cafe / pub.

teamslug

I was up there last week. From Betws you can cross road at waterfall as others have said then follow forest road. The road turns up to the right and if you follow it up the trail crosses it after about 3/4 mile. Its bloody steep though but then i like climbing. According to Strava its the B5106 climb. 0.9 miles 600 feet vert. The trail is riding well. I like the new bits. Not sure why you wouldnt park at the trailhead though. You can drive into Betws after.

lordedam

If you’re planning on parking at the official trailhead (sawbench) or further up that road (hafna mine / Sarnau / cyffty) ignore the road closed signs. Was up that way walking this morning and the road is open up to the top despite the signs

Trails were a bit soggy but nothing too bad from what I saw

The cafe by the bridge in Llanrwst is open from 10:30 to 5

craig24
    Free Member

I just parked at the official trailhead (sawbench). Really enjoyed it, especially the last sections, all the trails were mostly dry.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.