Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Guy empties my Paypal. Revenge ideas sought..
  • samunkim
    Free Member

I have the great misfortune to live in Hatfield. Whole town is an absolute shit hole and your fraudster is living in one of the worst bits. Go chance they are East-Europeans since most of that area is these days. Don’t even think about going anywhere near there unless you have slept in your clothes for 3 weeks and have vomited vodka over yourself…

jambalaya
    Free Member

You have to report it to the police, pun intended it would be criminal of you not to. Perhaps they won’t do much but why not wait and see ?

Did he really guess your password or have you a virus / trogan ?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d do what Keyser Söze would do.

hora
    Free Member

My middle name is African?

Heello my friend. Want some proper Guiness?

globalti
    Free Member

PS: when you go to the Police, try hinting that you have some Lithuanian pals. The Police are scared of Lithuanians, my PC neighbour told me. There’s a community of them in Nelson and Colne who work in a big slaughterhouse and they have a reputation for taking matters into their own hands.

colournoise

How long is 425 quintillion years? Guessing that makes at least one of my passwords pretty secure?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Fair enough, but does that relate to the serious international gangs work, rather than local IT chav chancers? which appears to be the case here. Not down playing it, but appears to be different circumstances in this case.

Not wanting to topic hijack. But in a lot of aspects yes. They will use scripts that lurk in webpage code, hide files in the bit torrent? Games patches that aren’t from the vendor? The crims and the dude in the bedroom are just as clever as each other.

This guy was a bedroom attacker (snigger)

I’m stealing your internetz

Check out these videos (its not conspiracy theories)

[video]http://vimeo.com/93257547[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/F7pYHN9iC9I[/video]

But they highlight the points of being aware of your own footprint and trusting online.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are Paypal refunding you then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Glad stw has decided they are both eastern european and Nigerian and the same time

For balance I am going to claim they are a gypsy and they stole the laptop they used as well

HOUSE

bearnecessities

For balance I am going to claim they are a gypsy and they stole the laptop they used as well

CARAVAN

easygirl

Monkey child
    I used to be a police officer before retiring 12 months ago, and was involved in the recording and allocation of all crimes.
    It is not rubbish that police don’t investigate minor fraud, the police will tell you that they take fraud seriously bla bla , but in reality yiur home force will direct you to fraud action, who will take all your details, and in reality do very little.
    If yiur bank account is hacked or there is fraud on your account, the police will direct you to the bank, then it’s their onus to report to the police, which they rarely do.
    Not enough police to go round now I’m afraid, so the government have started to use smoke and mirrors to make you believe the police can cope.

hora
    Free Member

Lithuanian? They are battery people?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Damn wish i had thought of thought 😀

gobuchul
    Free Member

Glad stw has decided they are both eastern european and Nigerian and the same time

Pretty good chance it’s one or the other though?

Living in a HMO in a area populated by immigrants?

Not saying it’s definite just the odds are stacked.

CountZero

wysiwyg – Member
    Quite why he didnt reset my password I dont know. Not dealing with Moriarty here I guess

No shit, Sherlock! 😉

CountZero

That password checker is handy, one p/word I use came up as 6 years, another 42 years. I do tend to use long, unusual words/names with caps/alphanumerics.

m0rk
    Free Member

If nothing else it certainly would help build up your own personal dictionary of passwords for future hacking

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

If you can find his facebook account, (not sure if you have his email to search that way) you can message his friends and family explaining the situation~ say you’d prefer not to get the police involved etc to increase the pressure.

I did that once when a guy diddled me out of £500 for a bike that hadn’t turned up in 6 weeks. Arrived within 48 hrs!!

Funnily enough, the police already were involved, but once it arrived I gave them a ring and they were impressed by my resourceful approach.

deepreddave
    Free Member

From a crime perspective it’s unlikely a reported crime like this is the first one the perp has been involved in. I’m not Sherlock but Sheerlogic suggests it.

Plus Dominoes for pizza – really? He obviously hasn’t read the dough recipes on here.

monkeychild
    Free Member

f nothing else it certainly would help build up your own personal dictionary of passwords for future hacking

No need to build your own when they are in the public domain.

DezB
    Free Member

Would the police take an interest in the crime if you said “I know who defrauded me, I’m going round there with some mates”?

globalti
    Free Member

That was what I suggested. Tell the Police your mates are Lithuanian.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Tell the Police the STW massive are your mates.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tell the Police your mates are Lithuanian

There is no way your neighbour is PC…it it Clarkson?

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Guy empties my Paypal. Revenge ideas sought..’ is closed to new replies.