Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)
  • Guess who I just had a few pints with?
  • yunki
    Free Member

He came across as a thoroughly unpleasant chap much of the time on here

He was constantly offensive, no excuse at all for his behaviour

I don’t get this at all.. he wasn’t overtly polite and considerate of others feelings at all times.. but surely that’s a breath of fresh air in this bizzarely uptight and oversensitive online society that we frequent..?

A gazillion happy blokes out there in the world manage to all get along quite happily without tiptoeing around trying not to offend anyone.. there’s very little indeed wrong with calling a spade a spade and speaking your mind.. in fact many prefer that approach IME

I am offended that you are offended

he’s got some gob on him hey though.. good for him..!! 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

There’s a bit if a difference between speaking your mind and insulting people. Calling people that disagreed with him unintelligent was his favorite, was it not? In a none too polite way as you say. I’m not after a hippy love in, but manners are free, Internet’s included.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Fact of the matter is he has been banned, for reasons I am unsure but I think he may have overstepped the mark. Anyway in my humble option he is a tool and I personally think this place is much better without his bleating.

Being offended that I am offended only offends me more

yunki
    Free Member

Undoubtedly there’s a time and a place for thoroughly pleasant chaps.. I’m not entirely sure that I know when and where it is though..

Some people are very nice and pleasant.. others are very abrasive and confrontational.. neither are necessarily right are they..?

molgrips
    Free Member

Why are we classing him as misunderstood? He was constantly offensive, no excuse at all for his behaviour.

I’m classing him as misunderstood (by some) because he is. It’s not always easy to manage how other people interpret what you say, and it’s not always easy to keep a lid on your feelings. So yes, there is an excuse for his behavior.

Having actually met him several times and had long conversations with him, I’m in a better position to judge than those who have not.

Calling people that disagreed with him unintelligent was his favorite, was it not?

It sounds daft, but that’s his idea of a rhetorical device. Manners are indeed free, but it’s difficult to control your own tongue sometimes – as I can testify.

tazzymtb

always imagined that he looked like this…..was as equally bloody annoying at times as well. Put him and TJ together and it was very funny to watch though unstoppable gob and immovable ego in action.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I guess not. As I said though, manners cost nothing-i largely ignore people that are abrasive and confrontational-especially when they are debating inane crap on here 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

So yes, there is an excuse for his behavior.

Bollocks.

yunki
    Free Member

I think the content of a persons mind are more important than the delivery..

e.g. people like crikey are capable of being rude, but in crikey’s case, his mind is as empty as a fish, and is of little use to society.. 😉
    Elfin got up people’s noses but at least he usually had quite a good point to make, and was determined to make it

martinxyz
    Free Member

Yeah,but on here it’s not about controlling the tongue. It’s to do with other things that make someone who they are.. and if they can’t adjust something that shouldn’t have been said within 15 minutes I think it shows a lot about someone. (not aiming that at you or freddib!)

martinxyz
    Free Member

…and having read that back I can’t be arsed adjusting sfa.:D

crikey
    Free Member

And what do you have against fish, hmmm?

yunki
    Free Member

nothing against fish at all… yummy

crikey
    Free Member

As long as you know your plaice.

yunki
    Free Member

I won’t flounder that easily

khani
    Free Member

It’s all codswollop…

bullheart
    Free Member

For cod’s sake…

Don’t start the fish puns again. I don’t think I could hake it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

How did davidjones15 have a spat with Fred seeing as he joined after Fred was bay ned – its true it does auto correct it

Anyone care to guess who he is ?

Mike Connor is never Fred

khani
    Free Member

It’s all very unfortunate…

Tom-B
    Free Member

What a lad of Pollocks the last few posts are

MrSmith
    Free Member

He once emailed me about something that I posted that he disagreed with, do people really take the Internet that seriously?
    Bit of weirdo.

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t want for anyone to take it person halibut it’s kind of fun.. 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

I think you’re skating on thin ice with this & Elfin was a dab hand at drum & bass 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

For me the bloke is indeed a tool, I would love to meet him in person as I think he would be the kind of bloke that tries to laugh it all off as a personar, I think the reality is he is very insecure & needs the anonymous attention.

bullheart
    Free Member

2unfit2ride – Member
    For me the bloke is indeed a tool, I would love to meet him in person as I think he would be the kind of bloke that tries to laugh it all off as a personar,

This would not happen, I can assure you.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well I know that when push comes to shove he went running to the mods on here, so for such a goby git he has very girly tendencies

Woody
    Free Member

I spoke to him about the ‘Paedo’ thing on twitter. He stated that he had no intention of his comment coming across in such a way.

I fail to see how it could have come across or been intended in any other way!

Place is much better now that his new persona(s) have to be kept on a leash.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Used to be one of the resident attention seekers, still a few on here mind, glad he’s gone and doesn’t spoil threads anymore. Good riddance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well I know that when push comes to shove he went running to the mods on here, so for such a goby git he has very girly tendencies

In english and without sexism please

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Maybe he is a decent chap in real life but why act like a complete cock on the Internet?

What’s the point?

It sounds daft, but that’s his idea of a rhetorical device. Manners are indeed free, but it’s difficult to control your own tongue sometimes – as I can testify.

That’s the weakest excuse for bad manners I’ve ever heard.

imnotverygood

Manners are indeed free, but it’s difficult to control your own tongue sometimes

Hmmmm. Isn’t that what manners are?

bikebouy
    Free Member

He could actually string a coherent argument together then tie those that questioned his logic in knots. He baited, he cajoled, he wound up, he wound down. He’s a stength of will and social awareness that some could learn a great deal from.
    There were very few nasty comments made to others, but understand he could go too far sometimes.

He’s an intelligent bloke who rides bikes and sees the world slightly different to some, I’d share an evening with him.

He made me laugh.

CountZero

Agree with Bikebuoy, there are others on here who have made much more personal, and, I feel, offensive attacks on others just to be nasty, who seem to have gotten away with it.
    Elfin’s personal syntax seemed to be enough to work some into a frenzy sometimes; I always found it amusing, even more so because others got so bloody wound up by it! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Isn’t that what manners are?

Yeah, broadly. ‘Free’ is not a synonym for ‘easy to do’ though.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure about this, so apologies and comment withdrawn if not the case, but is this thread about the same bloke who threatened HTN organisers over his entry to the race last Feb? Words to the effect of – I’m going to come up there and physically attack you.

I’m sure he’s very nice over a pint though.

🙄

hels
    Free Member

I think he was one of the most intelligent and articulate people on here and was very funny, but took the internets WAY too seriously, and perhaps hadn’t grown up enough to realise that sometimes having friends is more important than being right.

I also think he was joking a lot of the time. And attention seeking.

But if I had to pick 6 people on here to have over for dinner he would def be on the list.

TimP
    Free Member

Careful what you say Hels – he is watching this thread!!

scuzz
    Free Member

This wake is useless without alocohol or chocolate eclairs.

hels
    Free Member

Well it’s not like I put my address…

zokes
    Free Member

Fwap fwap fwap

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Guess who I just had a few pints with?’ is closed to new replies.