Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Guess who I just had a few pints with?
  • singletracked
    Free Member

In fairness, it might have been a blip and he is quite calmly and rationally getting on with his life. In fact that may well be a measure of he ‘decentness’. This should only be a small part of our lives. The measure of our sanity is how well we cope when it is taken away.

GrahamS

I’m sure he has far better things to do with his time than read this drivel…

Nope, he’s reading it. 😀

inserting himself (ahem) back into this forum by proxy of a specifically-designed Facebook page.

I still chat with him on email occasionally – as do a few others. No specifically-designed FB page involved. He mentioned he was coming up to Northumberland. I pointed out that I live about 3 miles from where he was visiting, so we met up for a pint or five.

I just briefly mentioned it on here, whilst still pished, because I thought it might amuse some.

No conspiracy to insert himself into you, I assure you.

Right so he may have his problems, like many of us, but he is definitely a nice bloke. There is no argument about that.

He may have a different viewpoint on how to join in an argument, and he may lose control of his tongue sometimes, but that does not mean he’s not a good bloke.

Spot on in my experience molly – and I had plenty of head-to-heads with him when he was on here – as well as many perfectly civilised intelligent conversations about photography, politics, architecture etc.

His ladyfriend pointed out in the pub that about only thing hadn’t talked about on here was bikes. Turns out he rides the same bike as me (Rock Lobster 853). Clearly a man of fine taste 😀

jota180
    Free Member

This should only be a small part of our lives. The measure of our sanity is how well we cope when it is taken away.

Now I think you’re taking the internet – and STW in particular – way too seriously there. It’s an internet forum, not a crack house.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Exactly, there could be a perfectly acceptable reason for threatening to physically attack someone over an entry for a bicycle race.

Yes. Apparently Terrahawk should be able to explain this.

atlaz
    Free Member

So, if he’s such a nice bloke, why did he often act like a bullying dick on here? I’d ask the same about several of our now-perma-banned former parishioners.

binners

Apparently Terrahawk should be able to explain this.

Really? Why the **** should he? He’s not the one who has to justify himself here.

singletracked
    Free Member

Now I think you’re taking the internet – and STW in particular – way too seriously there. It’s an internet forum, not a crack house.

That’s my point. If walking / riding away from this forum leaves you in angst, then you probably need to pause for thought. Much the same for most internet discussions. Internet people are the easiest to ignore.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve had a few chats with him on email. Seems like a decent fella to me, albeit with a rather unhealthy obsession with the isle of Sheppey but hey ho.

No idea what happened with htn, but I suspect that, as evidenced by many threads on here, if you give it large to him you’ll get larger amounts back. Nothing wrong with that IMO

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

noteeth – Member
    Imagine if you, PaddedFred, THM & TJ entered as 24 hour race team & won! World Peace would follow shortly after.

Oy – leave me out of this, thank you! 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

Yes. Apparently Terrahawk should be able to explain this.

can’t be arsed. make something up.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. So what I hear is true then?

GrahamS

can’t be arsed. make something up.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A1RGGSibCnY[/video]

BoardinBob

This notion that he is actually all right in real life is laughable.

How about, if you’re a nice person in real life, you continue that persona online?

Conversely, if you’re a raging bellend in real life, then feel free to adopt that approach in your online persona.

But the last thing the world needs is yet another internet hard man/ troll/ schizo that wouldn’t say boo to a mouse in real life.

Tom-B
    Free Member

What is it that you’ve heard poddy?

Coyote
    Free Member

Nice guy as long as you agreed with his view of the world. Grade A cock otherwise.

DezB
    Free Member

What is it that you’ve heard poddy?

Terrahawk took a dump in Elfin’s bed at the Big Hit the Bike Bash. Elfin blamed it on a passing female reveller and she responded with death threats.
    Something like that?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Ahh. So what I hear is true then?

I’ve no idea what you’ve heard.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Come on poddy spill the beans

binners

So then she said….

So then he said to her…..

🙄

hilldodger
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    So, if he’s such a nice bloke, why did he often act like a bullying dick on here?

mayabe becasue he’s a public school educated mockney caynt with limited sphincter control who rents his girlfriends by the hour, well that’s what I heard anyway 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

Well I’ve heard one version of the htn saga (TM)

Sounds quite plausible actually. And quite reasonable. And quite forgiving.

yunki
    Free Member

just for the hard of thinking that are contributing to this thread..

you don’t have to be faultlessly polite and tirelessly practice the art of not upsetting anyone to be a thoroughly good bloke..
    and just as equally you can’t be a thoroughly good bloke just by avoiding upsetting folk..

the world isn’t constructed from characters in an Enid Blighton book, whatever you might like to imagine..

elf’s alright, he’s just got a gob on him

TimP
    Free Member

Hang on a minute!! Ladyfriend?!?!? Surely some mistake?

molgrips
    Free Member

How about, if you’re a nice person in real life, you continue that persona online?

There’s a difference between being fundamentally decent and being nice and polite. Lots of serial killers are lovely people on the face of it!

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Guess who I just had a few pints with?’ is closed to new replies.