Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Guess who I just had a few pints with?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m going to come up there and physically attack you.

people have said that to me on here but somehow never gotten round to doing it 🙂

nbt

There’s only ONE person I’ve blocked on Facebook, although I was *that* far away from banning Binners for suggesting I add said person as a friend.

He’s a tool, and this place is better without him.

BoardinBob

The guy was/is a helmet.

Good riddance.

DezB
    Free Member

Three bleedin pages about Elfin? Oh my.. (I better not say any more.)

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lol I forgot about the HtN threats.

kudos100
    Free Member

Came across as a massive gobshite and a total bell end on here. I suspect he was probably quite a good laugh in person.

I’m of the opinion that you should talk to people online in the same way you do in real life, so even though he was probably no where near as bad in real life, it doesn’t excuse being a tit online.

crikey
    Free Member

So, apart from the accusations, the bell-endery and the threats of violence, he’s actually a nice guy?

atlaz
    Free Member

No he’s misunderstood. By whom, exactly, has not been explained.

Stuey01
    Free Member

My apathy compells me not to post, but then none of you would know of my apathy.
    So, meh.

greyman
    Free Member

Meh indeed.
    OP, where did you have said pints ?

GrahamS

Guess…

GrahamS

..oh never mind. 😀 The Feathers Inn near Stocksfield.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Came across as a massive gobshite and a total bell end on here. I

Oh yeah he is ALL of that. Apart from massive. He’s a scrawny little gobshite.

As for physical violence, well, he could make a nasty mess of your knees.

noteeth
    Free Member

I’m just sad that I never got him & Stoner to race as a tandem pair.

It would have been a beautiful thing. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

youre a sick puppy comrade.

jota180
    Free Member

He’s a scrawny little gobshite.

Short man syndrome

noteeth
    Free Member

youre a sick puppy comrade

Imagine if you, PaddedFred, THM & TJ entered as 24 hour race team & won! World Peace would follow shortly after. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They could only be called the Bankers really. A term suited to all of them in one way or another. 🙂

noteeth
    Free Member

Imagine them having a pre-race group hug… the hope it would give to the entire human race.

Gawd, it’s making me cry just thinking about it.

Edit: Hope could sponsor ’em. ‘Team Hope… for us all.’

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wunundred 😀

plumber
    Free Member

I had a few beers with him once. not something I’d like to repeat

but then again I’d not want to have a beer with myself either

Plum

duntmatter
    Free Member

CountZero

I’m not entirely sure about this, so apologies and comment withdrawn if not the case, but is this thread about the same bloke who threatened HTN organisers over his entry to the race last Feb? Words to the effect of – I’m going to come up there and physically attack you

It’s entirely possible that there might be two sides to a story?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What? Wossat you say? 2 sides? Different viewpoint. Nooooo don’t be silly, this is STW, remember. Where opinions are forced on people, weather they like it or not. Nobody is EVER wrong. Phhhhhhh.

jota180
    Free Member

Exactly, there could be a perfectly acceptable reason for threatening to physically attack someone over an entry for a bicycle race.

nbt

it is indeed entirely possible. I know I’d take the word of a chap who I know and have met and who I know has put a lot of hard work into running an event and making money for charity rather than an abusive internet wannabe

davidjones15
    Free Member

What? Wossat you say? 2 sides? Different viewpoint. Nooooo don’t be silly, this is STW, remember. Where opinions are forced on people, weather they like it or not. Nobody is EVER wrong. Phhhhhhh.

That’s entirely possible but in my case he came ranting at me over on a social networking site for a comment that was made regarding politics. Not only did he not understand my political point of view, I’m not right wing! His attitude was quite offensive. In spite of being told several times this was the case and given several opportunities to cease he decided the best option was to continue shouting and imposing his misguided view.
    I’ve tried to understand him, I now neither have the time nor the inclination. If he can’t show a more mature internet persona, then there can’t be any complaints that people think he’s a nob. That’s surely part of the attention and polarization that he strives to achieve.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s entirely possible that a comment along the lines of (and I paraphrase) “One has to wonder why such-and-such-a-person doesn’t work with children anymore…” could be meant in lots of other ways than the inference that was taken by pretty much all of those that read it at the time. Yes, of course it’s possible, just highly bloody improbable.

GrahamS

Is this still going on? Fred must be pishing himself. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Given the length of many of the fatties/religion v science/climate change threads in which you involve yourself…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s interesting that he has managed to devise a way of inserting himself (ahem) back into this forum by proxy of a specifically-designed Facebook page.

Effective strategy, so far. 😯

singletracked
    Free Member

Is this still going on? Fred must be pishing himself

It’s interesting that he has managed to devise a way of inserting himself (ahem) back into this forum by proxy of a specifically-designed Facebook page.

Effective strategy, so far

Yes, but from my view, he doesn’t sound like a very nice fella, seems that he had thrived on being a ‘big hitter’ but this thread would certainly make one reconsider their internet persona. He certainly doesn’t seem popular and no likes to find out that their friends don’t actually like them. I didn’t know him, but I do feel a bit sorry for him. A lot of this must be hard to take, even if it is the truth.

DezB
    Free Member

Is this still going on? Fred must be pishing himself

I’m sure he has far better things to do with his time than read this drivel…

Tom-B
    Free Member

What is the other side of the htn story again?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, but from my view, he doesn’t sound like a very nice fella

Right so he may have his problems, like many of us, but he is definitely a nice bloke. There is no argument about that.

He may have a different viewpoint on how to join in an argument, and he may lose control of his tongue sometimes, but that does not mean he’s not a good bloke.

I didn’t know him, but I do feel a bit sorry for him. A lot of this must be hard to take, even if it is the truth.

Come on. If you don’t know it’s really not fair to make such comments.

johnners
    Free Member

Right so he may have his problems, like many of us, but he is definitely a nice bloke. There is no argument about that.

There’s actually quite a lot of argument about whether he’s a nice bloke.

singletracked
    Free Member

but he is definitely a nice bloke. There is no argument about that.

??? But there isn’t agreement on it.

He may have a different viewpoint on how to join in an argument, and he may lose control of his tongue sometimes, but that does not mean he’s not a good bloke.

You are right, but it does make it less likely. I know a guy who gets abusive and aggressive whenever you mention ferrets. Doesn’t mean he’s not a decent fella, just not very nice, sometimes.

I should perhaps have put ‘if’ in italics.

But you are right, i don’t know the bloke so maybe should reserve judgement. But lot’s of people seem to say he wasn’t very nice. I’m quite democratic in that respect

jota180
    Free Member

but he is definitely a nice bloke. There is no argument about that.

4 pages says there’s plenty of argument about just that, did you miss it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    It’s entirely possible that a comment along the lines of (and I paraphrase) “One has to wonder why such-and-such-a-person doesn’t work with children anymore…” could be meant in lots of other ways than the inference that was taken by pretty much all of those that read it at the time. Yes, of course it’s possible, just highly bloody improbable.

When Darcy and I agree, etc….

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was funny

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Guess who I just had a few pints with?’ is closed to new replies.