Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Greno Drop into Bombhole. If you know it some words of advice needed
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Some words of encouragement that when I do this drop I won’t knacker myself up. I’ve rolled the one next to the rooty bit fine I just don’t like the idea of having to approach and drop in. sh!tting bricks. I know the theory, speed is your friend, look ahead etc.

Ps. Hardtail

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Its fine i did it last week on my xc ht.

Dont hit it too hard, you can go slow first time as the drop is shorter.

Start off with the one off the rock around the corner to the right.

And dont bother with the booter [sic] after it..

pussywillow
    Free Member

Piece of piss, be a real man and go over to wharney where the real downhillers play 8)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Im going tmrw if youre about.

Either of you…

benjii19
    Free Member

The pointy rock to the right…?..Looks a bit mental. I’ve done the shallow left line and feel fine with it.

I’m no downhiller! Piece of piss doesn’t help me out really, otherwise I’d be doing it.

benjii19
    Free Member

I’ll be there from about 9 I reckon.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’m a big wuss and I’ve ridden it on my hardtail.

carlosg
    Free Member

Just session the drop, start by rolling over the edge and increase your roll in speed a little each time. Thats how I did it and now I land in the bottom.Its been a while since I rode the steel city run but if I remember stay slightly more to the right of the roll in as there’s a near vertical bit on the left that catches your wheel somehow(did mine a few times anyway).

As for the comment that ‘real downhillers’ ride Wharncliffe ,the steel city DH is a lot of fun to ride fast and the push up is a darn sight easier than over the road which means you get lots more runs in.

pussywillow
    Free Member

What will you two be riding? I’ll look out for you both! 😀

benjii19
    Free Member

Just look for jack Whitehall on a blue bike

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ill be up 10/11 not sure which side im riding as was gggggrenoside last week. And ill prob have the DH bike tmrw. Ill pop down though.

What bike we on again? Ragley was it?

benjii19
    Free Member

I’ve got some body armour maybeishould give it a go with that

wysiwyg
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member
    What will you two be riding? I’ll look out for you both!

Your mum?

Benj where did i bump into you the other month, was that greno?

pussywillow
    Free Member

As for the comment that ‘real downhillers’ ride Wharncliffe ,the steel city DH is a lot of fun to ride fast and the push up is a darn sight easier than over the road which means you get lots more runs in.

Yep your right 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    pussywillow – Member
    Your mum?

My mum died 4 years ago 🙄

benjii19
    Free Member

Aye ragley mmmbop. Bumped into you at steetley ages ago.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Oh I..

And in a sensible response to pussy, a giant.

You?

nosedive
    Free Member

the only time i launched it i landed on my front wheel about half way down the downslope. might be there tomorrow looking ungainly on a spesh…..say hi if you see me

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Could be a long day saying hi to every spec rider.

benjii19
    Free Member

Looks like a few of us going. I don’t drive an Audi or work in IT so have no idea why I’m on singletrack, nor do I ride cyclocross.

pussywillow
    Free Member

I hope you ain’t all serp riders! I look forward to having a laugh 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Not as much as we do..

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member
    wysiwyg – Member
    pussywillow – Member
    Your mum?

My mum died 4 years ago

Hopefully that won’t stop them.

Tracey

Abigale always goes off to the right, started by rolling it, and each time a bit more speed. After a couple of runs you will be fine.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Not bad for a bird! 😉

Think your shirts got caught though on that tree! 😆
    Post it on here,
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-anyone-elses-mtb-clothing-rippedshredded-or-holed
    😆

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’m a big wuss and I’ve ridden it on my hardtail.

Same here.

When I first read this last night I thought people were talking about the proper bombhole a bit further on being a piece of piss on an xc hardtail 😯

benjii19
    Free Member

Finally done it this morning! Onwards and upwards!

benjii19
    Free Member

Looked at peatys drop but don’t think I’ll bother yet

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Musta missed ya. Didn’t get there til late

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I sat on the bike on top of peatys drop for ages looking down, but that sort of thing is way beyond my skills. I did manage one of the easier drop ins on the side though.

Wish I’d had more time there but I was up there for a holiday with family so only had half a day. I was planning on doing a couple runs on the steel city d/h then going over the road to Wharncliffe but ended up doing it 5 or 6 times only leaving me an hour over the otherside 🙁

pussywillow
    Free Member

MarkBrewer – Member
    I sat on the bike on top of peatys drop for ages looking down

Loads of people do that…makes them feel powerful! 😆

Sadly, I would imagine Pussyflaps is actually quite a good rider, what with all the bravado posted on here.

I’d actually like to see how good though – so, next time I’m up at Wharncliffe, hopefully you’ll pop along and show me.

BTW, I’m not a fantastic rider, but can hold my own on a DH.

pussywillow
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    Sadly, I would imagine Pussyflaps is actually quite a good rider, what with all the bravado posted on here.

I’d actually like to see how good though – so, next time I’m up at Wharncliffe, hopefully you’ll pop along and show me.

BTW, I’m not a fantastic rider, but can hold my own on a DH.

POSTED 20 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’m allwite pal 😉
    But I really coudnt give a shit how good a rider I am or you are tbh 🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

But I really coudnt give a shit how good a rider I am or you are tbh

Is that why you don’t let people know how to identify you ?

Asking what other people are riding etc, so you can spot them. But not letting people know how to spot you ?

But I really coudnt give a shit how good a rider I am or you are tbh

Au contraire

You constantly tell us how good you are and berate anyone who you perceive to be below your skill level.

I have no beef with you, would quite happily see you demonstrate your skills and would have no qualms if you were a damn sight better than me – I like watching good riders.

But please don’t claim you don’t care, your persona is based purely on the fact that you totally do give a shit!

dannyh
    Free Member

One for pussywillow.

“He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good”.

In your case I think that applies to spelling and grammar, as well as intent.

Oh, nearly forgot, here’s a disclaimer smiley as it seems that excuses most things……..

🙄

ton

pussywillow rides orange lads.
    all the gnarr riders use them, dint you know??…….. 😆

benjii19
    Free Member

Play nice..this is my thread!!!! Yours Blue mmmbop rider

pussywillow
    Free Member

dannyh – Member
    One for pussywillow.

“He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good”.

In your case I think that applies to spelling and grammar, as well as intent.

Oh, nearly forgot, here’s a disclaimer smiley as it seems that excuses most things……..

Wtf! Keep smoking it dude! 😆

dannyh
    Free Member

Fair enough Benji.

The utter predictability of pussywillow’s ego-fuelled posts were just starting to grate on me, that’s all. But that means I have just risen to the bait, I guess, so (shrugs shoulders and sighs pityingly) I’ll not give in to temptation in future.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Greno Drop into Bombhole. If you know it some words of advice needed’ is closed to new replies.