Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What's the best way to protect/fend off impending mortgage interest rate rises?
  • Kryton57

patriotpro – Member
    What’s the best way to protect/fend off impending mortgage interest rate rises?
    If all the rumours are anything to go by there isn’t an impending rate rise.

Huzzah!

We need to re-mortgage in about 16 months time and need to get fixed into a good rate…

Thats ^ me too. So, I’ll re fix for as long as possible at the lowest rate in Feb 2015, and carry on using my Sales commission to save me time/money paying the mortgage.

And in the meantime hope my Premium Bonds win me enough to pay it off.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

kryton

sounds like our new governor of the B o England is going to be on your side…no IR rised for some while, if he is correct?

Kryton57

Indeed. Saving spare cash won’t make money so reducing the mortgage is the way to go. With more certainty abouthow I can plan those particular finances for the family this helps us personally very nicely indeed.

avdave2

Saving spare cash won’t make money so reducing the mortgage is the way to go.

I could get a higher interest from savings with my lender than they are charging me for my mortgage. The difference doesn’t add up to huge amounts so I prefer to keep paying it of quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What's the best way to protect/fend off impending mortgage interest rate rises?’ is closed to new replies.