Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is anyone else's mtb clothing ripped,shredded or holed?
  • lotto
    Free Member

Checking my gear before today’s ride and my shoes have different colour ratchet buckles,my baggies have numerous scars and the elbows/hip area on my favourite riding top have seen better days. Luckily my helmet is unmarked. I still wear the clothes as the damage does not affect function.
    Does anyone else ride with battered clothing or do you replace at the first sign of damage?

Markie
    Free Member

Ride with battered gear, but repair rips / tears etc ASAP in order (as you say) to maintain functionality and ensure longest possible lifespan.

I know a few people who always wear pristine gear – and who replace at the first sign of scruffiness. They look great on it, and have the cash to do so. Even if I had the money, I have an astounding knack of making the sharpest gear (bike, business or casual) look scruffy, so I might as well carry on wearing stuff to the point of absolute failure!

Suggsey
    Free Member

My favourite Howies base layer is darned multiple times over the past 8 years, my riding t shirts are well worn where they have been snagged and rubbed, my favourite bib shorts have ripped hole on thigh and stitching pulls but worse is arse is about worn through, My Altura Attack waterproof shorts are see through on the asre tape area and one pair of shoes has snags and cuts on (so I have invested in new winter pair)
    Just bought two new helmets as my others were well over four years old and have been crashed, bashed and no doubt UV degraded.
    So overall yes I do ride in some scragged kit but am fortunate to have been able to start to replace some of it….Apart from my favourite gloves that my good lady has just sewn back together….again. 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Yes

carlosg
    Free Member

Yep plenty of my riding gear is holed/ripped/knackered.I spend my spare cash on my kids and at 43 being a fashion icon in spangly kit is way down the list of priorities.

benjii19
    Free Member

Yes. My endurance shorts are falling apart. My endura base layer haas a gaping hole in it. My gloves are now fingerless for three fingers. Am I replacing soon.nnnnoooooo!

scotroutes

My ancient Endura Humvee 3/4s are ripped near the knees but I’ve seen the new model and the material doesn’t seem so robust so they’re soldiering on, gloves have holes in (not the designed) type, jackets have fraying seams etc etc etc

amplebrew

I’m not big on buying bike clothing and try to spend as little as possible.

I repaired the velcro cuff my old Endura Event jacket the other day with some no more nails 😀

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Most have more repairs than I can count, but are at the point of being at their most comfortable.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Had the needle out tonight on a set of endura shorts

benjii19
    Free Member

Oh and my knee pads hummmm!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone else's mtb clothing ripped,shredded or holed?’ is closed to new replies.