Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Great Dyfi
  • chipps

What a fine day in the hills today! Thanks to Joe, Fraz, Tegid, Toby and crew for putting on another fine event.
    I’ll post a story on the site as soon as I’ve un-concreted my bike and had some sleep. Good to see a few other Singletrackers out there in the slidey slate too.

chorlton
    Free Member

I really need to do the Dyfi again. Such a fantastic event and the area is stunning.
    2008 since I last did the Dyfi Enduro and another rider complimented me on my old Singletrack whiskey jersey. 🙂

I need some more mugs.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It was another classic. Weather stayed fine, descents seemed better then ever. It also helped as I got my mojo back this year and finished 87th, woop!

Taff
    Free Member

Absolutely awesome. Not done it since ’07, just came in top half then and got 80th yesterday. Well organised event an such a good bunch of riders

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pudddlea of DOOM!
    After a years hiatus caused by ‘racing’ it I vowed to try and enjoy it this year.Stopped at the top of the big climb to heckle people for pushing and stopped a few times to hand out all my tubes and gels and generally natter.Had a lightsaber fight with a wookie and drank waay too much beer at the on course disco.
    And somehow still ended up in the top 60 :0)
    ‘Not racing’ is definately the new racing.
    Off for a 100k recovery ride in the rain now :0/

Freester

Lady in Welsh National Dress playing harp at the top of the first climb.

Cheerleaders.

Slippy slidey slatey chutes.

Star Wars in the woods.

Knee deep puddles on the Big Dipper section.

World Cup descent yeeeaahhh.

Sausage rolls and sauce at the feed station.

More relentless fireroad climbs.

Free beer and a disco at the end.

Thankyou.

moonboy
    Free Member

All of what Freester said!

First Dyfi, amazing!

Well organised event, great atmosphere, very fun course. Really enjoyed it, some of the decents really made me think! Starwars section was funny.

Sneaked in at 180th at the split so went for the extra loop, few more passed me on that climb but by then wasn’t really caring!

Never has kendel mint cake tasted good!

Thanks to all involved in putting it on. The setup in the campsite was pretty good too.

Defo plan to be back 🙂

rhid

It was a fantastic event. Some of those climbs were pretty relentless but the descents were brilliant. It is s great event and maybe I will do it again (once my legs stop hurting).

Clover

All of the above +1 – well apart from not making the split. First one so set out at the leisurely back, got stuck in the queue for the first descent and bailed half way down.

Then remembered all words of wisdom from Great Rock skills course on Saturday, pulled self together and started to actually do as told. Came down World Cup channeling Ed Oxley and shrieked with joy. It was all blinding.

Where did everyone find their times?

xc-steve
    Free Member

Great event, Saturday night was odd standing with a beer in my hand, loud music and the smell of a non tobacco based product in the air thinking… I’m actually at a cycling event!

Star Wars guys were epic, I get what the comments mean now by “what tyres for bog snorkelling!” anyone able to post up a video of the “world cup dh section” just so I know which bit people are referring to. My tires are trashed thanks to the rocks but stayed up all the way round wooop!

ooh and rumour has it someone went over the handlebars headfirst & submerged into one of the puddles!?

emac65
    Free Member

Yep great fun as always,top day to be slipping ‘n a sliding on slate…..

bigsam
    Free Member

My first one and I really enjoyed it (though not so much the cramp half way round!) a great atmosphere and really well organised with some of the best downhills ever, especially the one that finished with the bar! 🙂

Freester

One of the ‘duck ponds’.

Yeh it was muddy

Free beer and disco

Aftermath

stanley

Yep, done loads of them but enjoyed yesterday’s Dyfi more than before.
    Despite a few hiccups too;

This happened on a short descent only about 45mins in (before the first proper long descent)

Rock must have flicked up and took the mech. hanger out. Just heard a bang and the rear wheel locked! Quite a mess- hanger broken, bent wheel, stuffed chain, etc. Managed to fix it though 🙂 But could only use a few gear ratios !
    Started riding again and within 10 mins, person in front of me went over-the-bars and broke/dislocated a finger. Ouch. Spent the rest of the day wondering what was next!

whytetrash

best one yet for me…6am giggles started when I saw the rearranged “hollywood style” lettering on the hill opposite camp…then found my mate Lordy’s race number lying on the grass…result of previous nights drinking session…St Trinians hen night was funny 😉

Lordy toppled sideways into one of the puddles/ponds/lakes!

appologies to riders I passed whilst whistling up that last techy climb… song was stuck in my battered brain

Knocked an hr off last yrs ride too 😆 Thanks to all involved I’ll be back!

tollah
    Free Member

Great event as usual thanks to the team for organising it.

I stalled in that pond above and my bike floated away!

Go Pro footage later

plodtv
    Free Member

How did u find position?

moonboy
    Free Member

only know rough position because the guys at the bar in the fetching body armour setp had ipad/laptop and i was 180th through at that point and had to do the extra loop, thats all i can remember!

Freester

Patience people the results will be up in a few days I expect. Give Joe and Fraz and the rest of the crew a few days to clean up and recover. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

On a less congratulatory note I managed to pick up more than a dozen gel/energy bar rappers that had been dropped….and that was just near the pointy end.
    Skinny legged whippet boys listen up.GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.I mean really, wtf There is NO excuse 👿

Freester

+1 and LOL at the way you put it.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Love the Dyfi, such a good atmosphere and the riding is brilliant!
    First time since they have introduced the “World Cup Descent”. Not as scary as I feared, just lots of fun. Loved the first long descent, from the top of the open section down to the bottom.

No wrappers dropped by me, I always take them back with me. it isn’t hard to put an empty back in your pocket.

huw
    Free Member

Another Dyfi, another mug, love it. Couldn’t have asked for better weather too. Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers.

No wrappers here either, they’re littering the floor of my van at the moment. I stuff them in the leg of my bib shorts during the race/event.

grum
    Free Member

Looks like a great event, will have to try it if I’m ever fit enough.

What’s the World Cup descent?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Only it was a LOT rougher this year.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Was awesome. again. My 6th dyfi. Not as muddy as I feared. Descents rocked. Except queueing on the first one. What was all that about?

Ace on course entertainment.

Big thanks to the chap who gave me an energy gel when i was lying in the ditch by the fireroad after the world cup descent with crippling cramp. (the wrapper went in my pack, unlike a lot of people who felt it was acceptable to drop energy gel wrappers – ggrrr!)

Despite being plagued by cramp had a wicked time. Back again next year. 🙂

gearfreak
    Free Member

^what they said.
    |another great Dyfi, took it really steady to start this year and avoided the dreaded Dyfi cramp, finished strong but just outside the cutoff. next year a bit quicker to start and I WILL do the extra loop! (Might have to try to start near the front at Mach rather than chilling with mates near the back)

simo
    Free Member

Awesome event! Thanks Dyfi organisers and the people of Mach for a great time 😀

In the defence of the skinny legged whippetty guys at the very pointy end of the Enduro yesterday, I only saw one gel wrapper on the floor (I finished in the top 20), and that was probably an accidental drop at that. I know many racers who pride themselves on their professional conduct out on course, myself included. My jersey was caked in gel cack by the end of it where I’d stuffed all the empties, and I had great joy peeling it away from my bibs back at the campsite 😛

moonboy
    Free Member

I nearly washed 3 torq wrappers in the pocket of my baggies this morning along with half a flapjack. nice!

thanks again to all the volunteers for putting this together 🙂

Tastypixels
    Free Member

It’s great to read all your positive comments. We really work hard to make the Dyfi Enduro different and fun, and believe me, it’s not easy!
    I’m sure that Joe, Tegid, Fraz and Jim appreciate all your comments, as well as everyone else that worked so hard to keep the event enjoyable year after year – I know I do!

thanks
    Mikey

grum
    Free Member

Only it was a LOT rougher this year.

Cheers – whereabouts in the forest is that then? Only ever ridden the Climachx trail before which was great.

singlespeedstu

Looks like a great event, will have to try it if I’m ever fit enough.

I think they’re doing a gravity enduro thing there soon.

Should be a bit easier on the climbing front.

A big thanks from me and amanda to all the organisers again.

One of the only events that keeps us coming back year after year.

postierich
    Free Member

Great weekend not @ my best @ the mo so set off 30mins before everyone else with my nipper on the tagalong to see how I felt @ the top of the first climb.Felt ok so swopped bikes with my other half then waited for the last of the riders then joined in the fun, 10 minute wait @ the first descent 😯 .But soon spread out and slid my way round liked the long fireroad climbs but wtf was in one of those puddles it stank!!!!

Only downer was from Cafe Seren with their samey music blaring out untill just before sunrise ok for Saturday night but bit much for a Sunday no wonder a lot of people leave on the Sunday, people do have nippers as its a family ish event,just a little moan but well done Fraz.
    Will be back again

Rich

postierich
    Free Member

Cheering the racers on!
    P5060721 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

JRTG
    Free Member

Fab ride! Very pretty and I always like a beer stop. Best event this year so far.

peak1

So lucky with the weather. Must do more preparation next time but at least no punctures. Any pictures around? I went past a guy with a flash/tripod etc somewhere between the food stop and the bar.

postierich
    Free Member

Rightplacerighttime guy was around the course!

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Top ride, THE best event of the year. Thanks to the organisers for all the hard work. 😀

Archiedale
    Free Member

yes great event, cheers Freester thats me battling to get through the “duck pond”

mtbant
    Free Member

Cracking event, great atmosphere. Big thanks to the organisers for all the hard work they put in and really pleased to have caught that film on the Saturday night
    Also a big thanks all the supporters putting a smile on my face as I lugged my bike about .
    The queue at the top of the first down, was a little bit strange but was nice to chat and mingle with a few random riders!
    Well done everyone more of the same next time I say.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Great Dyfi’ is closed to new replies.