Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Great Dyfi
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

Nice to see the girls tears did’nt last too long Rich!Tbh I cry when people overtake me too…thats why I always start at the back and make my way forwards 😀

Metasequoia

This:

“Only downer was from Cafe Seren with their samey music blaring out untill just before sunrise ok for Saturday night but bit much for a Sunday”

If they made one change for me it would be this, makes sense to make it lower key on the sunday night, bit too much. Try getting a 3 year old to sleep in a tent with blaring music at 3am.

But the best event out there- just great- thanks to all for their hard work- I loved it back next year.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Great event as usual, and seemed to enjoy the course more than ever.

35mins quicker than last year (including 1 puncture) has definitely taught me I’m quicker on a singlespeed than with gears!

Oh and the beer at dicko’s was cracking 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

“quicker on a singlespeed than with gears!”
    FFS shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t let em know ‘the secret’ 😯

senorj

Excellent weekend for me too. Cheers to all involved.
    Met some good people, saw some comedians ,
    ate loads of food and rode me bike.Smart.

The comedy fans who where camping close to me ,who enjoyed laughing ’til 3.am ,weren’t so chuffed on the sunday a.m. when a hoard of fettlers woke them up…I heard one shriek- “I ‘m not interested in your effing bike ride” ha ha. I must be getting old. 🙂

Burchy1
    Free Member

quicker on a singlespeed than with gears!”
    FFS shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t let em know ‘the secret’

Sorry, sorry, I meant half an hour slower obviously….
    Stupid me 😉

Taff
    Free Member

I saw you postierich! If I’d have know that was you I would have said hello. Did go past and say ‘thats the life’!

Pezzers
    Free Member

As everyone says above a fantastic event, thanks to everyone involved in organising and thanks to all the local townfolk for supporting.

The course was fantaastic as ever this is my fifth or sixth Dyfi and they get better each year.

Love the slightly bonkers nature of the whole event a harpist on the first climb and the star wars reinactment in the woods absolutely brilliant.

Bring back Dyfi Enduro socks as a give away my old ones are nearly worn out!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I bloody loved it!!!!

9th one for me (missed 3 & 4)

It gets better and better and better 🙂

(although the trail-mincers were out in force, going up and down…)

No idea on my time, it’ll be quite slow but I don’t care 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Loved the harp action on the first climb:

Bike is now de-concreted – yet to find out how my hubs, pedals and BB are faring… :/

ir_bandito
    Free Member

What sums it up for me was at the bottom of the World Cup Descent, the marshall in the orange jump suit said to me “You enjoyed that, didn’t you?”
    I suspect I may have been grinning a little bit. Still am in fact…

Taff
    Free Member

Pimpmasterjazz… that’s a nice video of my sister and old man!

Patti
    Free Member

Thanks to Fraz and everyone who organised this year’s Dyfi! My second ever ride on my full sus and it made such a difference (the 1st ride being Mach 2 on saturday!) World Cup descent was mint, less terrifying than I remember and only bailed once which was after having a tipple of port and some chilli cheese with Team Cheese at the top of the last descent…

Huge thanks to Norcs boys too for lovely paella on sat night, mmmmm….!

See you next year 😀

orena45

What they (^) all said! My 4th Dyfi and despite being unfit and getting 2 and a half punctures, and rolling in right near the back, I had a great time! The only downside was getting a puncture halfway down the World Cup Descent, which is one of my favourite descents anywhere 🙁

Being right at the tailend, I did see a fair few energy gel wrappers on the trail which was a bit dissapointing. Also heard ambulance sirens blaring at one point so hope whoever binned it is ok.

will
    Free Member

Got to say I will certainly be doing this next year! Seems a great event!

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Cheers to the organisers, nice one. Done about 8 of these.

Bring back banjo man – that was genius last year.

I’d forgotten about the vertical slate knives of death corner on the last(?) descent too, always makes me slightly apprehensive that one. I see that corner had a warning marshall this time. Always nice to finish in one piece.

Thankfully no flats this year, got round in about 3 hrs (or thats what my gadget said), although I can’t recall when I switched it on, was somewhere between Mach and slatey gnarliness.

And keep the dogs out of the start area for a few days beforehand, eh?

allthepies
    Free Member

Darth Maul’s certainly put on some weight. Looks like a fat Welsh bloke these days 😉

And as for Chewy and Princess Leia 😯

orange
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about the vertical slate knives of death corner on the last(?) descent too, always makes me slightly apprehensive that one. I see that corner had a warning marshall this time. Always nice to finish in one piece.

ah.. i call that one ‘cheese grater corner’ 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Taff – 😆 I blame the harpist sitting too far into the bend. 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Results and pics all online now.

I came in a after a whopping 5:21!!!
    Means I got twice as much value for money from my entry fee 🙂

One day I’ll try and “race” again, if only to get ahead of the trail-mincers on the first descent..

moonboy
    Free Member

So…

these results then with long and short loop. Anyone been sufficiently geeky to re-order them and get an order of placing?

Not that any of this matters, what with it being a non-competitive event and stuff…

but if someone had..!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Great Dyfi’ is closed to new replies.