Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)
  • Gran Turismo / GT7
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

how do I access it, playing through quite slowly at the moment

tomhoward

Go to your garage, there will be a ‘gifts’ tab to click on which, if you haven’t been there before, will have loads of rewards for stuff you’ve done in the game.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’m meant nordschleife not the only 1 million

tomhoward

Ah, go to the track, then at the bottom of the screen there’s options for races/time trials, settings etc, one of those says ‘circuit experience’. It’s that.

madhouse

It may be best to hold off on the circuit experience for a minute. Reason being they’re updating in April to increase the rewards for it, part of their bid to win everyone back after they nerfed the payouts in the last update.

Having now got a driver rating in Sport after enduring the dodgy standards in the initial races I’m really enjoying the online races. Payout for them is still a bit rubbish but there’s a good standard which makes it fun, even won a race the other day which something I’d never quite managed on GT Sport.

Loving GT7 though and looking forward to the future updates.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ah it’s not unlocked until menu book 21

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Well after finally getting round to setting up my PS5, and downloading the updates – i reckon about 10 hours worth, i actually managed to play a bit last night.

got to say im enjoying it so far but only about 2 hours in so its slow progress, kids and life really make a dent in the gaming time.

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

I finished the cafe menu books yesterday. I have really enjoyed playing through them all but now I am a little disappointed they are over. I have a few races on the map I’ve not done yet but then after that I don’t know what to do. Buy and mod more cars…but for what? I have not done many of the missions so I guess that’s something else to do. Maybe I need to venture into the online part of it but that will involve signing up for the ps subscription service.

tlr

I’ve just completed all the licenses (not too bad once they put the right bloody tyres back on the rally cars). All Gold except for the Super License, which I flashed through on bronze or silver – bloody glad I did as there is no way I could see myself getting gold on the final test round Spa in the wet. I am only using a dual shock though.

From a few videos it looks like a wheel is really needed as so many corrections needed to get round in a decent time.

Or am I just crap – anyone got gold at Spa with a controller?

5lab

spec 2 comes out tomorrow – new tracks, better AI, a whole bunch more licenses and more weekly events. Pretty excited here, as I was running out of things to do (already gold on all licenses and circuit experiences). Anyone else still playing?

Or am I just crap – anyone got gold at Spa with a controller?

spa took me about 2 evenings with a full wheel setup, after which i beat it by a couple of seconds. crazy-hard race

chrispoffer

Haven’t played it for months! Might give it a spin at the weekend 🙂

chrispoffer

Oh, and getting the license at Spa? Have you got a driving sim mad 16 year old son? If so, give your controller to him for a bit, worked for me 🙂

mashr

Anyone else still playing?

Only finally got round to buying it a few weeks ago, so still building up the car collection for more online racing. Not loving the fact that they make me drift these days!

5lab

the enforced drifting and rally stages (to progress the game to 100%) are the worst bit for me. There’s a new snow course coming tomorrow that might be fun though

mathsmc
    Free Member

Had a go this morning on the new track. It’s just another rallycross stage but I’m not sure what I was expecting! Being able to see the progress percentage of each race series is a good idea, made me realise how much I have still to complete! The weekly races might keep me coming back to the game more regularly as well. Apparently there was a new opening movie as well, but I skipped that!

5lab

It’s just another rallycross stage but I’m not sure what I was expecting!

I’ve installed the update but sadly had to go to work. is it closer to the rally stages or rallycross? I quite enjoy the later, but the jumps and lack of clear edges in the former put me off..

the new license is crazy – it seems like every single license from the main game has been re-done with more difficulty (rain/snow on the ground, etc)

mathsmc
    Free Member

Sorry, closer to rally! I meant all racing together, rather than a point to point stage like rally. Quite nice scenery though! Haven’t tried the licences, will try them later.

peteimpreza

Is GT7 playable at all with just a controller or is a wheel essential?

tlr

It’s certainly playable – I don’t have a wheel and I have passed all the licences.

I do get the impression that a wheel might well be easier, and I haven’t raced online so I don’t know what that would be like with a controller.

MSP

I bought a vr2 a few weeks ago, now looking at buying a wheel to play GT7, this is costing me a small fortune.

mathsmc
    Free Member

A wheel is not essential. They have done a good job of implementing the controller steering. I did have a wheel and found it was advantageous on certain tracks (eg. Monza) but other tracks I was faster with a controller. I can also do OK in the online mode, currently have a DR of a high B. The controller usually gives higher tyre wear as well, which is a disadvantage. I sold my wheel/seat/VR setup for the same price I bought it for second hand, so you can always buy it to try it out and it should hold value. I found that I just preferred the ease of picking up the controller for a quick spin, rather than the chair which took up space, and the VR headset which made me hot! Having said that, the immersion with the VR and wheel/seat is amazing.

twistedpencil

So what are folk using for a wheel / seat set up? My son is getting into his driving games and of course I’ll be jumping on for a go as well 😀

tomhoward

G29 here, mounted to a foldable/adjustable stand, in front of an IKEA Poang chair 😊

mashr

G29 here, mounted to a foldable/adjustable stand, in front of an IKEA somethingorother chair

5lab

I’ve had VR2 and a G29 as well, I use a wheelstandpro which is really robust and folds the kit out of the way quickly when the wife turns up. Tempted by a G pro wheel as my potentiometers are going a little flakey, but not sure it’s worth a grand.

now got gold on all licenses except master-super-5 (full lap of the snow) and the master-super-10 (final test, which I haven’t unlocked as I haven’t bashed the snow one yet)

peteimpreza

Thanks for the feedback.

My PS5 arrives on Sunday from John Lewis as they have a good bundle offer at the moment with the new call of Duty release.

Added GT7 to the order as that’s the game I most enjoyed the last time I had a Playstation. A PS2!!

benp1

The Spec2 update is pretty decent. I find the drift stuff unbelieveably tedious and generally just skip it. You can spend hours trying to complete everything but I personally haven’t. I’m actually more likely to just get in a decent car and do lap after lap trying to better my time on a track, which I find addictively enjoyable. The online time trial is a nice way to do that as well

I have a playseat set up with a Thrustmaster T300rs gt (as well as a gearstick but generally use the paddles, particularly on the quick cars) with a 27″ monitor on a next level racing stand with a soundbar above. I could easily spend a couple of hours in it!

yoshimi

Slight Hijack…

There is a PS4 hooked upto my TV, not mine, and I’ve been wanting a car racing game for a while for occasional fun – I’m not a gamer, but have enjoyed car games in my youth

Is GT7 the one to go for on a PS4?

Thanks

benp1

Not sure if it works on a PS4 unless it’s the pro version?

mashr

Not sure if it works on a PS4 unless it’s the pro version?

My PS4 is ancient (before Pro existed), works absolutely fine

5lab

Is GT7 the one to go for on a PS4?

for realistic racing, yes. If you want something more arcade-y there are other bits available

tomhoward

Project cars 1/2/3 is good for pick up and play.

1&2 are quite simm-y but 3 is more arcade-y

peteimpreza

Well that was short lived.

PS5 delivered Sunday afternoon.

Immediate problems reading discs, but eventually got GT7 to load and was able to play.

Then refused to “see” the disc thereafter and could not play again.

All trouble shooting failed and it now won’t read any disc.

Just about to take it back to John Lewis for a full refund.

Can’t get a replacement as OOS everywhere.

mashr

Just about to take it back to John Lewis for a full refund.

Why not take it back and ask for a swap instead? They’re still showing stock

peteimpreza

Not at the time I was online earlier they were not, note mine is the bundle with Call of Duty. So £70 less than a disc console on its own normally sells for.

Just checked again and this bundle is OOS at JL and direct with Sony.

mashr

Still ask for a swap, John Lewis have cracking customer service so might be happy to help sort you out e.g. swap just the console and let you keep the game

5lab

out of interest is cod a download code or a physical disc?

peteimpreza

its a code

peteimpreza

JL customer service online/phone was an awful experience today.
    They would not swap for the more expensive console only

I probably should have gone to a store instead

mashr

Why are there horns available in online races? Why?!?!?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.