Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • Gran Turismo / GT7
  • chrispoffer

Anyone else excited about the new version of GT coming out on Friday?

I haven’t got a PS5 but it’s available for PS4 too.

I haven’t played it since my PS3 days – it’s been Forza / Forza Horizon for me for the last few years – but I got a 2nd hand PS4 Pro last year to play The Last of Us on so I’ve clearly had to preorder GT7 all ready for the weekend 🙂

dc1988

Gran Turismo was always the game that got me to buy the new PlayStation but I don’t want to buy a PS4 when it’s an old model but the PS5 is too expensive to buy for one game.

I also don’t know if my old steering wheel would still work as it’s no good without it.

Northwind

Don’t think I’ve played one since GT2 but man, the number of hours we sank into those first two… I still want a crimson TVR just like my one in the game.

I think I’ve probably spent more time getting GT driving licences than actual real world licences.

tomhoward

Can’t wait! Disappointed no VR though (yet?).

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

This will be the reason i buy a PS5, anyone know when stock is likely anywhere?

molgrips
    Free Member

the PS5 is too expensive to buy for one game

They’ll bring out more don’t worry.

The only one I played much was GT3 on PS2. Those 70 lap races were tough, but not as bad as playing a full 90 minute match on Kick Off 2 on the Atari.

Northwind

Ah wait, I must have had GT3 too, just looked at the soundtrack and it’s the one with all the Grand Theft Audio songs. Ah god, remember game soundtracks? I want to buy a PS2 and play Tony Hawk now.

chrispoffer

There are plenty of PS4s around from about a hundred quid. You’d probably need to budget a bit of time to strip it down, clean the fan out and replace the heat sink paste but if I can do it (and not lose any of the teeny tiny screws) then anyone can.

The bits I’ve seen online (so far) don’t show a massive difference in quality between PS4 and PS5. I guess there’ll be a massive difference in loading time, but I did stick a spare SSD in my PS4Pro the other week which might help a little bit.

GT3 sucked plenty of my time away – as did GT4 when I got my PS3. Happy days 🙂

5lab

reviews look good, its downloading to my ps5 as we speak.

Amazon apparently shipped some US orders out last weekend. oops!

devash
    Free Member

Does anyone remember the “scratch and sniff” GT2 disc on the original Playstation?

I’ve got vague memories of picking up a copy on launch day and the manager of Electronics Boutique showing me and my mate that if you gently scratched the top of the disc, it smelt like engine oil.

stingmered

exactly this. and now I sigh as that’s another £600 gone… still GT7! I remember coming back to my uni digs Sunday night from Christmas break, hardcore maths exam the next day, spunked the remaining study hours away completing the 200 lap race or other… failed the exam he-he.

ta11pau1

Yep, pre ordered the 25th anniversary digital edition for my PS5, I will be losing weeks of my life to this.

Been checking out the reviews today and it seems to be everything it was promised to be!

My last GT game was GT5 on the PS3, 10 years ago!

I’m also playing Horizon forbidden west at the moment, best looking game I’ve ever played and I’m expecting GT7 to go beyond this with the weather, time of day stuff etc.

I still have fond memories of lapping the nordschleife at dusk into the dead of night…

reluctantjumper

Gran Turismo was always the game that got me to buy the new PlayStation but I don’t want to buy a PS4 when it’s an old model but the PS5 is too expensive to buy for one game.

I’m waiting to find out what the Endurance races are like before I contemplate getting a PS5. I’m also another one who has ‘wasted’ endless hours on all of the main titles in the series. GT6 was a disappointment for me as the gameplay wasn’t a big jump up from GT5 and I really wasn’t happy when the didn’t include any 24hr races, I used to do a solo Le Mans on the weekend of the race with Radio Le Mans playing, became a bit of a tradition!

If it wasn’t for the Gran Turismo games I wouldn’t have bought another console after the original Playstation! Still got my PS3 but it’s been a dust collector for well over 5 years now.

seriousrikk

Yep, pretty excited for it, really hope they have not fallen into the trap Project Cars did with making it more of an arcade game than a sim.

I know it’s not a Sim, I’ve got a few titles on the PC for that, but Gran Turismo Sport is incredibly good fun. It seems to strike the perfect balance between race simulator and arcade racer.

verses

I want to buy a PS2 and play Tony Hawk now.

No need it got a decent remake for recent gen systems last year 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk%27s_Pro_Skater_1_%2B_2

Drac

Reviews seem promising but I’ll probably give it a miss, I’m a very casual gamer now so can’t put the time into it.

As for PS5s

https://stock-checker.com/articles/ps5-stock-uk-stock-checker-exclusive-news-on-upcoming-argos-ps5-restock-155332.html

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

I’ve got a ps4 which I play very occasionally and I would love to get GT7. However, I am so out of touch with the price of games as it’s been so long since I bought one. Ooft…they are expensive!

For the last few years I have played games through psnow or psplus so it’s been a while since I actually bought one. This could be the one though.

tomhoward

Who’s staying up late tonight?
    Taking tomorrow off work?

molgrips
    Free Member

However, I am so out of touch with the price of games as it’s been so long since I bought one. Ooft…they are expensive!

Yes and no. These big titles usually have fancy special editions for £70 or whatever, and normal for £50 – ok perhaps GT7 is only available in £70 version… But when I was a kid Atari games were £25 full price and that is equivalent to £60 now – so it’s not unprecedented.

Whilst we are on the subject of PS2 nostalgia, anyone know of a modern substitute for SSX Tricky?

finbar
    Free Member

Whilst we are on the subject of PS2 nostalgia, anyone know of a modern substitute for SSX Tricky?

Not Steep. I bought that last year in the hope it would be, and it wasn’t 🙁

tomhoward

As if spending £500 odd on a PS5 wasn’t enough…

start

(No, I haven’t, bet it’s amazing though)

chrispoffer

It’s £60 to download for the PS4 from the online store – think you can knock a fiver off if you buy a physical copy. A tenner more expensive for the PS5 version naturally. And if any lowly PS4 owners upgrade to a PS5 you can upgrade GT7 for another tenner.

Pre ordering it before release gives you some extra stuff too. 100,000 credit and 3 cars. And as we all remember with Gran Turismo, moar cars = better.

I won’t be staying up to play in tonight I don’t think – but I expect to have some quality time with it over the weekend 🙂

daviek

I was in the loft the other week and found my copies of GT 1, 2 & 3 I’m glad i dont know how much time i spent on them! We have a PC and the kids are on xbox so I’ll not be getting this one which after seeing it streamed this morning I’m kind of sad about.

Rich_s

GT7 is on my birthday list as I quite enjoy playing GT sport. I’m wondering whether a wheel will make my life complete.

tomhoward

I’m wondering whether a wheel will make my life complete.

Complete? No. Significantly improved experience (a couple of seconds a lap quicker)? Yep.

dc1988

It’s rubbish without a wheel IMO, it massively improves the user experience

Rich_s

Dunno how everyone uses the hand controllers, but I have them set up like a wheel at the mo (so I “turn” the controller to steer) and it seems to work well. Kids use the joysticks which I find uncontrollable.

iain1775
    Free Member

Any likely hood of wheels / pedals with PS5 haptic feedback being released, at a half way sensible price?

reluctantjumper

However, I am so out of touch with the price of games as it’s been so long since I bought one. Ooft…they are expensive!

I remember getting for Christmas in 1993 Virtua Racer for the Mega Drive, that was an £80 cartridge! Adjusted for inflation that’s over £160 😲

julians
    Free Member

How’s does it compare to Forza 7?

I used to have PlayStation’s back in the day and played gt1 through to 3, but since then have been on Xbox . Quite liked Forza 7.

Now I have a ps5, and am wondering if gt7 might be worth a go

trailrider797

Riders republic is the closest I have found to ssx,steep is good too if you give it a chance but much less race orientated.
    Gt7 looks promising bring on midnight!

rockhopper70

Does anyone remember the “scratch and sniff” GT2 disc on the original Playstation?

I’ve got vague memories of picking up a copy on launch day and the manager of Electronics Boutique showing me and my mate that if you gently scratched the top of the disc, it smelt like engine oil.

Still got it, still play it. Scent has diminished a bit but that loading sequence still gets the hair on my neck standing up.

tomhoward

FFS, update required!

tomhoward

Still waiting, seems the whole world is downloading the update and the servers aren’t coping as well as the might 🤬

5lab

First impressions..

It’s gorgeous
    Some of the cars sound good
    It takes ages to start racing and you cant do archade mode in cars you don’t own or tracks you haven’t unlocked So after an hour that’s just some fwd yazz like stuff on 3 tracks. I was hoping to jump into an mx5 or something and drive trial miuntain

pondo

Must get!

tomhoward

It’s gorgeous

Very much this. If they add VR support for PSVR2, I may never leave the house again.

orena45

I remember getting for Christmas in 1993 Virtua Racer for the Mega Drive, that was an £80 cartridge! Adjusted for inflation that’s over £160 😲

Ha, yeah I bought that too when it came out. Had the superchip bulging out of the cartridge to power those polygon graphics! Visuals were awesome at the time but it was boring to play…only had two tracks, or you could only race against one other car or something, from memory!

chrispoffer

First impressions..

It’s gorgeous
    Some of the cars sound good
    It takes ages to start racing and you cant do archade mode in cars you don’t own or tracks you haven’t unlocked So after an hour that’s just some fwd yazz like stuff on 3 tracks. I was hoping to jump into an mx5 or something and drive trial miuntain

Echo all of this. Looks amazing on my PS4Pro, must be even better on a 5. The intro sequence is really long. As I pre ordered I had 100,000cr and 3 cars. I bought a Honda Integra as my ‘first’ car which made the Sunday Cup races a bit one sided as the rest of the field were in Aygos and Honda Jazzs. On the European race I could also do it in a ‘race’ car against proper opposition, so fired up my free Supra. Got whupped.

Pleased I upgraded the HDD on the console to a SSD – the loading times are pretty good with the upgrade, would assume it would be a lot slower without.

ta11pau1

I might have had a quick hour last night at midnight… 😁

I actually love that you have to work your way through the family hatches, rather than just handing you an 800bhp race car after 20 minutes, you have to earn the right for that.

Handling is great too, and the haptics through three pad really are excellent.

The intro is classic GT, in fact all of it is – smooth jazz in the garage area 😎

I preferred the intro on GT5 if I’m honest though

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.