Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Gove for PM
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

So, has someone prodded the 1922 Committee into some Cricket Pavilion for salmon sandwich’s and an undisclosed/uncoordinated handshake behind the decking ?

Unless they actually do anything, nart will ‘appen.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Shouldn’t the opposition(s) just back PM May to let her get on her job of dealing with the departure from EU system?

That appears to be their plan.

1) Make vague statement about general ideals of free trade etc

2) Point out that the policy of negotiating behind closed doors means the tories cant be scrutinised by either labour or the electorate.

3) Get called all sorts at PMQ’s knowing that May struggles to cirticise their plans because they’re so vague but looks stupid calling them out on it when her own plans are vague or kept secret.

I very much doubt Labour wants to win an election right now. Two years ago maybe they could have gained a mandate for stopping the article 50 process or been able to go into negotiations and basically stay in the EU in all but name (a Dave’s new deal V1.1 if you like). But right now i suspect most politicians of all colours would like to see May ruined by Brexit after which the the Tories can hopefully re-brand as Nu-Tory with more centrist post-austerity policies (A reformed, “Gideon made me do it” IDS?), and Labour can carry on with it’s ideological left experiment till the end of the term.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Javid.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Gove’s a right weirdo tbh. At his best, he’s probably the best person in this government- he was proposing changes in prisons that Labour wouldn’t dare suggest, never mind the Tories, because he could see that Tough On Crime doesn’t actually work- he just got on with it. And shaping up to be the same in environment. But in education he was <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>poison.And</span> it’s 2 sides of the same coin, he does what he think’s right without troubling himself too much with alternative opinions. If there was some way of bottling it and using it only when appropriate, it’d be awesome

I’ve always thought this, he shows flashes of lucid brilliance followed by utter cretinous stupidity.

I wonder how the brexshit racists will respond to Javid as PM.

MSP

Thank the great and the good of STW for the killfile.

It isn’t working for me since the forum update

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I wasn’t impressed by Gove on Question Time:

kimbers

Hes apparently now topping the polls for teh next Tory leader

fifo
    Free Member

Holy shit

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s fine, is that an exit poll? As in people exiting the Tory party 😜🔥📉

Cougar

There’ll be a general election called next week.  We’re about due again.

zippykona

That 5 years flew by.

kimbers

According to kussenberg, senior minister drscribed atmosphere in No10 yesterday as ‘ a bit end of days’

When Gove is the answer, the question is pretty fuct up!

I think javids problem is getting selected by the memversgme to be on the ballot

Tories still too scared to pull the trigger a boot may

mattyfez

Javid has no chance, his name is wrong and his skin is the wrong colour.

The government is ready to collapse, the only reason it hasn’t is because there’s lots of important stuff going on, which ironically is the cause of the collapse.

It’s the most absurd thing I think I’ve ever witnessed, and I’ve seen some **** up shit in my time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Certainly if you are studying Politics at Uni it’s an exciting time, for the rest of us it’s pretty much a bunch of stroppy kids in a sandpit throwing piss soaked wet sand at each other and the bully in the corner facing the wall blowing raspberries at everyone.

I’m taking bets on a couple of prominent/vocal idiots having a heart attack within 3mths.

mickmcd
    Free Member

What about bercow for PM

fifo
    Free Member

What about bercow for PM

Could be a lot worse

PJM1974
    Free Member

Right now, I’d be happy if an actual clown became PM, I’d welcome them with open arms.

An internal spat within Britain’s second most important political party has precipitated this, I hope that everyone remember twenty years hence.

FuzzyWuzzy

I see Gove’s winning back our territorial waters for us… aargh what sort of world do live in where Gove, Boris and Rees-Mogg can actually influence policy?!

epicyclo

Should really call an election.

DrJ

Gove claims that he hasn’t read the report on electoral fraud by Vote Leave. Riiiight – a report that associate him with potentially criminal activity and he hasn’t read it. Too busy watching the footy, or what?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Too busy watching the footy, or what?

It’s much easier to brush it off if you don’t have to address the points…

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m absolutely sure that the party spin machine will be in full on survival mode if there’s the slightest whiff of scandal involving senior MPs.  Party before country, every single time.

epicyclo

The thing I have noticed is that although I don’t vote Tory, I can usually see one or two amongst them who are of leadership quality. At the moment it’s more like a bunfight in the 6th form prefect’s room.

For the first time in my life, I cannot think of one who is up to the job.

tjagain

I agree Epicyclo.  ~Some serious dimwits and lack of talent / intellect.  Not just a Tory issue.

mickmcd
    Free Member

its ok no need to panic it looks like boris is going for it

mariner
    Free Member

I think it should be Liz Truss as long as she wears that Lord Chancellors costume and wig.

Sorry did I think that out loud?

Anyway Goves official photo, which seems to have disappeared, of him as Lord Chancellor must have had Cameron and Osborne wetting themselves.

Bet they only did it for joke.

Stoner
    Free Member

shameless tweetheft:

In a better universe, May is deputy head of a primary school in Special Measures, Farage is shift manager of a minor Wetherspoons, Rees Mogg volunteers in a National Trust giftshop, and Boris is a children’s entertainer on administrative leave prior to a tribunal hearing…

and what of Gove?

RustySpanner

Broadmoor?

somafunk

It seems there are rumblings Gove could become PM

WHAT are my/our options.

A mass rally leading to an occupation on parliament?

RustySpanner

Good idea, but it won’t get reported by the media no matter how many people turn out.

The BBC are finished. NHS next.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Gove for PM’ is closed to new replies.