Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Gove for PM
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

It seems there are rumblings Gove could become PM

WHAT are my options.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Emigrate?

kimbers

fifo
    Free Member

Even though he’s a minister, I don’t think the penalty for murder is any more drastic than offing a pleb. So, out in 10 years with good behaviour?

Either that or sit him on a bike and run him over. That usually results in the driver getting off Scot free. Probably the easiest solution.

SaxonRider

Gove is the type of person I might have felt sorry for at school because he was always the brunt of jokes, then he grew up to become a complete a**hat, and I wondered why I ever felt sorry for him.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think he’ll turn out to be the most pobular Prime Minister ever.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

At the moment I think a lot of people would want to see him stay at environment, he is probably the most forward thinking minister of any colour in that department. Elsewhere he has the potential to be a liability again

It’s a low bar though https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/3325629/Hilary-Benn-in-new-row-over-flood-defences.html

Smart money is on Sajid Javid who is ticking lots of boxes https://order-order.com/2018/06/19/saj-time-review-scheduling-cannabis/

He has offended less people and gets the Conservatives another couple of firsts in their leadership

Plus it will be good for the backcatalogue of 2000ad as people go for the Mekon line

TheWrongTrousers

Could he possibly be any worse than any of the rest of ’em ??

They’re all a bunch of useless t0ssers

Cougar

It’s an awesome choice, isn’t it.

Johnson, Honourable Member for the 19th Century Rees-Mogg, or bloody Pob.

El-bent
    Free Member

Smart money is on Sajid Javid

Quoting from order, order, well…

There is one pretty obvious problem with Javid becoming PM…as for Gove, I want one of the Chief Brexiters in charge when Brexit really goes wrong.

RustySpanner

Problem is, the people who voted for Dave will vote for Pob.

It’s not going to put anyone off.

They’d vote for a pig if it promised to punish ‘scroungers’ and lower taxes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s another lying Tory Brexiter..

Whats the point? Has he any credibility? Universally hated by the Education Sector, Health Sector and any other normal human being that has intelligence as part of their human make up.

I hope he gets in, the implode will be fantastic to watch.. and Brexit will fail massively and all the Morons that supported it will go back to moaning about Garden Pests and Immigrant Birds shitting on their patios.

We can then form a cohesive forward thinking Government without the constraints of politicians own ideals and retard frameworks.

Go for it Gove.

richmtb

It’s an awesome choice, isn’t it.

Johnson, Honourable Member for the 19th Century Rees-Mogg, or bloody Pob.

Its like picking your favourite STD

Murray

Should be Rees-Mogg. That’d unite the country (against him).

tomd
    Free Member

Any source for this story? The thought of Gove uniting us all around the Brexit juggernaut amuses me.

maracucho
    Free Member

Has May resigned?

TheWrongTrousers

I know he’s a cock but JR-M did ever so slghtly go up in my estimation after this :

Image result for jacob rees-mogg tattoo shop quote

jam-bo

I know he’s a cock but JR-M did ever so slghtly go up in my estimation after this :

i reckon he’s covered in tats. ever seen him in short sleeves or an open neck shirt?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depending on how low he started it’s not much of a compliment, I assume it was where he took his staff to be branded.

I’ve seen more talk of Javid than just the order order stuff, mostly as he can form sentences, doesn’t froth at the mouth frequently, basically May with the potential for personality.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Javid was a remainer, son of a Muslim bus driver, smart enough to get out of Rochdale, Gove is as toxic as Boris, Hunt or Grayling . JRM couldn’t take the financial hit of being PM and likes being the backseat driver rather than the person who has to make the compromises

big_n_daft
    Free Member
    slowoldman

Even though he’s a minister, I don’t think the penalty for murder is any more drastic than offing a pleb

You know that’s incitement don’t you? And “they” now have your IP address. Pack a suitcase comrade.

fifo
    Free Member

You’ll thank me when it’s done 😂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’d stop short at actually having someone physically harmed, I’d far rather that they were incentivised to go and reflect upon their numerous moral weaknesses before actually doing some good for society.  A good example of this is Jonathan Aitken, who went to prison for corruption and spent his time there on suicide watch, looking out for vulnerable fellow prisoners.

As for Gove, I wouldn’t trust him to get a round of drinks in.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Its like picking your favourite STD

Proper LOL at that comment we’ll done! 😄

tpbiker
    Free Member

He’s another lying Tory Brexiter..

Whats the point? Has he any credibility? Universally hated by the Education Sector, Health Sector and any other normal human being that has intelligence as part of their human make up.

I hope he gets in, the implode will be fantastic to watch.. and Brexit will fail massively and all the Morons that supported it will go back to moaning about Garden Pests and Immigrant Birds shitting on their patios.

We can then form a cohesive forward thinking Government without the constraints of politicians own ideals and retard frameworks.

Go for it Gove.

Very much this..

Also, that jrm pic… Look at that horrible little tory shite alongside him. I hope he gets bullied at school as punishment for the ills he will no doubt inflict on future society

Cougar

Look at that horrible little tory shite alongside him. I hope he gets bullied at school as punishment for the ills he will no doubt inflict on future society

TBH, I think he’s suffered enough already.

Northwind

Gove’s a right weirdo tbh. At his best, he’s probably the best person in this government- he was proposing changes in prisons that Labour wouldn’t dare suggest, never mind the Tories, because he could see that Tough On Crime doesn’t actually work- he just got on with it. And shaping up to be the same in environment. But in education he was poison.And it’s 2 sides of the same coin, he does what he think’s right without troubling himself too much with alternative opinions. If there was some way of bottling it and using it only when appropriate, it’d be awesome

ninfan
    Free Member

Gove as PM?

Yet, strangely, a sight more likely than Corbyn getting the job 😄

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>But in education he was poison</span>

There hasn’t been an education secretary in 30 years that the teachers didn’t whinge about.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A good example of this is Jonathan Aitken, who went to prison for corruption and spent his time there on suicide watch, looking out for vulnerable fellow prisoners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Aitken#Perjury_conviction_and_imprisonment

50% right… not for corruption but for Perjury, heard a couple of recent interviews and it’s a very interesting story. Perhaps all tory ministers should do 6 months at her Maj’s pleasure

There hasn’t been an education secretary in 30 years that the teachers didn’t whinge about.

That doesn’t make him better though, if we want to know his plans we should probably ask his wife

kimbers

scuttlebutt is that May has nominated Rudd as her successor

which is bonkers as she hardly has a majority & plenty of tax-dodging skeletons

but then we know that May is an aboslute fruit basket so yeah its not unlikely

Cougar

Christ, I’d forgotten all about Rudd.  She’s a proper piece of work, I think on balance I’d rather have Pob.

ThePinkster

The problem with that is that if Brexit does fail (and I still hope someone will come to their senses and have the balls to decide it will never go ahead) it will really screw up the country and the rest of us won’t just be able to stand back and watch the show, we’ll all be knee deep in it, trying to sort the sh!te out.

Apart from the 1% moneyed ranks who won’t give a toss as they’ll be alright whatever happens.

PJM1974
    Free Member

50% right… not for corruption but for Perjury.

Ah, I stand corrected.

Perhaps all tory ministers should do 6 months at her Maj’s pleasure.

I suspect that more than one would’ve met the qualifying criteria for this had they been employed in a different career.  I certainly think that it would be of huge benefit to the justice system if the ministers responsible had first-hand experience of being in jail.

chewkw
    Free Member

The choice of PM is not up to the oppostion(s) to decide really.

The opposition(s) can shout from afar but that is all they can do, if they want to install their own PM they have to win the election first.  Which I think will not happen for at least 3 terms.

PM May is doing just fine but as usual she has to deal with many obstacles thrown at her, which is rather normal in British politics really.    😀

In my view Corbyn should remain opposition leader for at least 3 terms.

Alternatively, the opposition might want to have Emily Thornberry as their replacement leader.

Emily Thornberry the new Labour leader perhaps?      😀

kimbers

bit early to be starting on the hard stuff chewk?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thank the great and the good of STW for the killfile.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The opposition(s) can shout from afar but that is all they can do, if they want to install their own PM they have to win the election first. Which I think will not happen for at least 3 terms.

I’m sure she would be more relaxed if the only threat came from in front.

chewkw
    Free Member

The World Cup is a bit sloowwww ….   😀

chewkw
    Free Member

I’m sure she would be more relaxed if the only threat came from in front.

Shouldn’t the opposition(s) just back PM May to let her get on her job of dealing with the departure from EU system?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Gove for PM’ is closed to new replies.