Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Good old fashioned forum etiquette!
  • Zappa
    Free Member

Grumpy old man but………

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fseaston-flatboy-flat-pedals

Is it just me or………?

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s called bargaining.

Just say “No offer etc” next time.

😆

lodious
    Free Member

Am I missing something? You didn’t offer the asking price, someone else did, what’s wrong?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Zappa are you retarded?

Raindog
    Free Member

Sorry Zappa, but you’re wrong on this one. If you’d offered the asking price, or the seller had accepted your offer and then sold to a higher bidder you’d have a valid reason to moan. You didn’t, he didn’t, you lost the deal.

iDave
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m a bit slow when I haven’t been drinking.

What is the issue exactly?

nuke

You’re lucky that last post on that link hasn’t got you banned

At least the seller posts on the bike/chat forum.

simondbarnes

Zappa, why don’t you just bugger off to the MBUK forum and leave this one to the adults.

MrNutt
    Free Member

erm, am I missing something;

seller offers 2 sets of pedals
    one is sold, you missed out (did he receive an email before yours?)
    you then ask for a discount
    seller says not worth his while
    youthen go on to sound like a complete tXXt

Mark, I’m not going to get upset about a pair of pedals but it’s instances like this that remind me how good STW was before disrespectful kids like you were allowed to use the forum.

Although, perhaps you will understand a more basic language – Mark, You are a total C..t.

Like I said, it’s not about the pedals, my point is that disrespectful children like you have no place on a CYCLING forum.

MODERATORS – Can we have a a policy where we redirect the kids to MBUK please!

Thanks

what have I missed? am I reading this wrong?

iDave
    Free Member

Is calling people the c word for selling to someone who offers the asking price part of the old fashioned forum etiquette you yearn for?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mate, you need to get a life giving a seller a hard time for refusing a low offer. I think you’re bang out of order TBH.

Zappa
    Free Member

‘Zappa, why don’t you just bugger off to the MBUK forum and leave this one to the adults.’

😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Zappa – Member

Wrong link. http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fsflat-pedals-and-pads

Definitely a retard.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now a double post – you’re not having a lot of luck are you ?

Been drinking ?

Zappa
    Free Member
    MrNutt
    Free Member

reduced to £20

what do you have in mind to spend that £4.00 saving on, it must be pretty good for £4.00, let me know, I might buy one. Does the seller of aforementioned £4.00 item mind being insulted, I could have some fun there?

Zappa
    Free Member

Now a double post – you’re not having a lot of luck are you ?

Been drinking ?

?

MrNutt
    Free Member

?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

i can’t see where you said you would have them, What i see is you say you are interested, and have sent a mail (did that mail say you would have them?) Then Paulosoxo says he’ll have them and so gets them. Is that what happened?

Zappa
    Free Member

Read the link. It was about the 5050’s, not the Eastons.

Zappa
    Free Member

Yes. emailed to say I’ll buy them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆 @idave
    so you sent an e-mail to him saying you would buy them at a price less than he said he wanted for them and then they sold them to someone who offered the price they wanted….why do you think this is wrong exactly?
    Can I have your house for fiver YGM 😆

Zappa
    Free Member
    dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Zappa, you’re coming across really badly here. I’d just stop and move on if I were you.

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you ever managed to set yourself on fire? I’ve just got a feeling that this may have happened to you in the past, am I correct?

scaredypants

Zappa – unless your (private) email contained an offer for full asking price or any reply said that the seller accepted your offer, then you don’t really have any complaint

Even if you did offer full price, how do you know you were the first to do so privately ?

What you seem to be moaning about is something I’ve had in the past too (from a major forum poster quite recently) – offer full price 1st reply on the thread and get told that the item has gone. It’s not something I’d do as a seller but it’s their prerogative and I bet it happens loads

(If you’d pm’d me an offer I’d probably reply asking you to repeat it on the forum – why hide what you’re saying anyway ?)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He probably needs reminders to breathe as well.

Zappa
    Free Member

At least the seller posts on the bike/chat forum.

Hi nuke

That is a good point.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

so, you offered him full price in the mail?
    Instead of saying “I’m interested, YGM” you shoulda said “I’ll have them”

paulosoxo
    Free Member

£25 and they’re yours, I’ll get the seller to redirect them 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’ll give you £16, posted! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Zappa – I don’t know what it is you’re referring to – could you post a link?

Northwind

iDave – Member

“What is the issue exactly?”

To summarise; Zappa’s a fudd.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was going to offer £17 but Dr mungus said something first so i guess his lower bid is binding on the seller then,drat [shrugs]

nuke

Yes. emailed to say I’ll buy them.

paulosoxo did request pics first…there are no written rules as it’s purely up to the seller but it looks to me that the seller employed the etiquette of letting the first person to show interest to have first refusal.

That is a good point.

Thank you 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m a bit drunk now, but it seems to me the oP is a bit of a eejit and should stop digging the hole he’s standing in right now

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Baffled, good buy at 20 quid

Zappa
    Free Member

What you seem to be moaning about is something I’ve had in the past too (from a major forum poster quite recently) – offer full price 1st reply on the thread and get told that the item has gone.

Thanks scaredypants, I offered, full price by email, got a reply, replied and told sold. So, a simple case of what happened there then?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Good old fashioned forum etiquette!’ is closed to new replies.