Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Good old fashioned forum etiquette!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Man U got stupid money for the most overrated player in history

In 2008, Ronaldo won the Champions League with United, and was named player of the tournament. He was named the FIFPro World Player of the Year[5] and the FIFA World Player of the Year, in addition to becoming Manchester United’s first Ballon d’Or winner in 40 years.[6] Three-time Ballon d’Or winner Johan Cruyff said in an interview on 2 April 2008, “Ronaldo is better than George Best and Denis Law, who were two brilliant and great players in the history of United.”[7]

He also won best goal of the year that year…so rated highly by everyone but you it would appear.
    In spain he has scored 48 goals in 49 league matches 22 this season allready so may even break the league record and he is not even a striker …he is class whatever you think of him.

I would keep Torres if I was you or sell abroad Chelsea seems an odd choice, for him, as they seem to be on the demise IMHO with an aging team.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Din’t say he weren’t good. Just said he’s overrated. Quite a few Man U fayns agree with me.

Eighty Five Million pounds???

Thing is, when it came to crunch time, he never really stepped up to the mark. Went missing. CL Final 2009 being a case in point.

Show pony. Only ever seemed to excel against lesser teams. Never really shone against proper talent.

Cheat, as well. Big time. Even ManU fayns admit this.

Better than George Best? Really?

Sandwich

Zappa earlier

markyboy
    Free Member

“Goodnight guys. I hope you enjoyed the wind up as much as markyboy and I did!”

all you did was express an interest in the pedals.someone else came across with the money!thats the way it goes!

by the time you offered payment i had posted them to paulo!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey this puts that “cynic-al vs TJ” thread in perspective

donsimon
    Free Member

Man U got stupid money for the most overrated player in history, and ain’t doing too badly without him, are they?

That’ll be nothing to do with the manager then?

Torres is a fantastic player, undoubtedly, but he he would do well to learn about passion and commitment from Dirk Kuyt.

I’m not sure you can question his passion and commitment, he was incredibly loyal to his childhood club Atletico, unfortunately he was prized away by the big money offers from the large clubs. I think I would be looking at the man management within the club rather than the player in this instance.
    Does he speak English with a Scouse accent like Molby used to?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

GW – Member
    50/50s are shite only an idiot would ask for them before the Eastons
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Why thankyou.

iDave
    Free Member

by the time you offered payment i had posted them to paulo!

pwned

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

CL Final 2009 being a case in point.

yes the team played brilliantly that day and only he was poor.

Cheat, as well. Big time. Even ManU fayns admit this

I assume you have seen the Yout ube video of the dives Gerrard has done for penalties? Sadly a afetaure of almost every player these days. to single him out seems a bit pointless tbh.

Better than George Best? Really

Dont think Cruff posts on here but as he saw them both play he is probaly in a better position to judge than us.

Never really shone against proper talent

yet he was voted the best player in The champions league – doe she need to play in higher standard competition to convince you/
    He is not a perfect player but he is trully world class and he and Messi appear to be the exceptional talents of thier generation.
    EDIT:Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has targeted Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adams as a long-term replacement for veteran Paul Scholes this summer.
    Full story: Mail on Sunday

markyboy
    Free Member

****T!!

why have my replies been removed?? 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

yes the team played brilliantly that day and only he was poor.

\

Erm, no, they didn’t…. 😆

yet he was voted the best player in The champions league – doe she need to play in higher standard competition to convince you

World Cup. Went missing.

I din’t say he was crap; I said he was overrated. Eighty-five million pounds is an obscene amount of money for such a player.

EDIT:Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has targeted Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adams as a long-term replacement for veteran Paul Scholes this summer.

Which would explain his gushing praise of Adam after the Blackpool game. Knowing Liverpool are interested in signing the player. He hopes Liverpool will be put off by an inflated price, then be able to snap Adam up for cheap in the summer. Sneaky, but typical of such a shrewd transfer market shark. Dalglish has to ensure his fellow Scot doesn’t get what he wants this time.

Apparently Liverpool are prepared to sell Torres for £50m. Would be a fantastic profit, and provide funds for 2 or 3 top class players. Tevez, for example, would be a fantastic buy. I hoped Hodgson would have brought Brede Hangeland and Zamora with him from Fulham, but no; he brought Konchesky. 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

****T!!

why have my replies been removed??

In this thread or the one Zappa referred to?

Repost them, we’d all love to see

Zappa
    Free Member

****T!!why have my replies been removed??

😥 😥 😥

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Erm, no, they didn’t

that was my point well spotted 🙄

World Cup. Went missing

ENGLAND 😆
    yes the amount is obscene but he is certainly worth more than Torres …better goal scoring record in EPL and Spain for example
    Yes fergie is shrewd

and provide funds for 2 or 3 top class players.

or Suarez and The geordie
    TBH not bad business as mr diabolical said on MOTD 25 m for torres and 15m for replacement would seem ok though
    Time will tell may be good business by pool if silly money on all directions
    yes would love to see your posts i would hazard a guess that they were a bit offensive or OTT

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Din’t say he weren’t good. Just said he’s overrated. Quite a few Man U fayns agree with me.

I am no fan of Ronaldo but……how is he over rated? He’s been scoring goals at a rate of one ish per game in both England and Spain (probably considered the two stongest leagues in the world) over the past 4 years and he’s not even a centre forward. You have to go back to the 50’s and 60’s to find STRIKERS scoring at a similar rate when everyone seemed to be playing 5 up front. Over-rated! 😆

duntmatter
    Free Member

This thread was made worthwhile by the squirrel.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Good old fashioned forum etiquette!’ is closed to new replies.