Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 154 total)
  • General "my life sucks" rant
  • jmatlock
    Free Member

Can we have a little bit of a STW Toy Drive for the kids for Xmas? Have amazon send them straight to an address wiggles is happy to let us have. We must waste a collective fortune on man toys and bike bling. I would rather send wiggles kids something than buy more shite I don’t need.

wiggles
    Free Member

iffoverload – Member
    Delivery driver for Argos, shifts are flexible?

http://argos.careers/find-a-job/4493

thanks, that job isnt accepting any more applications but thanks anyway. Im not fussy just trying to find anything that means I have some cash.

weeksy

jmatlock – Member
    Can we have a little bit of a STW Toy Drive for the kids for Xmas? Have amazon send them straight to an address wiggles is happy to let us have. We must waste a collective fortune on man toys and bike bling. I would rather send wiggles kids something than buy more shite I don’t need.

Sounds great!

pk13

I’m up for that if the op says it’s ok

jmatlock
    Free Member

Maybe OP gets the kids to set up an amazon wish list? Then we can buy stuff off the list and the delivery details stay anonymous. Would be cool to make sure this year those kids had a load of gifts to open. Doesn’t need to cost a fortune.

Cougar

Delivery driver for Argos, shifts are flexible?

Mate of mine is a driver for Amazon. Unlike certain delivery companies I can mention, they’re generous with their delivery time expectations. He’s booting out 4-hour shifts in 1-2 hours and earning a small wedge. Might be worth looking into. I can ask him for more info if you like.

molgrips
    Free Member

My neighbour also does deliveries, I could ask also?

Finding work around school hours is tough. Not sure what I can do to help out.. unless you need something fixing 🙂

Cougar

Does the OP have a Passat? (-:

molgrips
    Free Member

VAG cars, I’m your man!

Jamie
    Free Member

Mate of mine is a driver for Amazon. Unlike certain delivery companies I can mention, they’re generous with their delivery time expectations. He’s booting out 4-hour shifts in 1-2 hours and earning a small wedge. Might be worth looking into. I can ask him for more info if you like.

Do it.

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice I’ve applied for a bunch more jobs tonight.

I wouldn’t mind delivery jobs apart from cant really use my own car as it is small and does 20mpg…

I`m not really sure how all the amazon stuff works I appreciate the gesture however…

And Thank you to all the people who sent me money on paypal Im honestly blown away by the generosity of people who dont know me.

wiggles
    Free Member

Ive set up a list http://amzn.eu/brNQp6e

Ill get the kids to have a look tomorrow but honestly I dont expect anything, I already bought them a rc car each for christmas as that what they wanted they arent the kind of kids that will expect a massive pile of presents so as long as they get these they will be happy.

Cougar

my own car as it is small and does 20mpg…

Don’t SORN it then, sell it.

Cougar

0 items in this view

I’m happy to tell you, I’ve just bought you everything on your list.

(-:

wiggles
    Free Member

Don’t SORN it then, sell it.

I would but its kind of complicated, I bought it cheap after selling my other car and its kind of a rolling restoration that is weirdly cheaper to insure than something more sensible and I would get hardly anything for it at the moment, more of a long term thing.

Kind of like how I built my bike, bought a frame super cheap and then got the rest and built it over time. Helps when the distribution company I worked for supplied the black and gold bits…

Cougar

This thread is useless without pictures.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind delivery jobs apart from cant really use my own car as it is small and does 20mpg…

Even taking on board the rolling restoration thing…

Sell it Buy a fiesta. Deliver!

You’re going to need a car! One that you can afford to run.

By the way… Tighten up your facebook privacy a bit

wiggles
    Free Member

I will if it comes to that but honestly for what I can sell this car for now + insurance tax etc I would struggle to get something that actually works enough to use for work.

Im genuinely blown away by peoples reactions here, I certainly feel a lot more positive today than I did before I made this thread. Although my anxiety im sure will increase as I get closer to tomorrows court proceedings…

funkmasterp

Let us know how it goes tomorrow

weeksy

wiggles – Member
    I will if it comes to that but honestly for what I can sell this car for now + insurance tax etc I would struggle to get something that actually works enough to use for work.

Im genuinely blown away by peoples reactions here, I certainly feel a lot more positive today than I did before I made this thread. Although my anxiety im sure will increase as I get closer to tomorrows court proceedings..

Thats great news, but, i’m not a massive believer when it comes to depression, anxiety etc, but whilst STW can fix the short term financial issue or give you a bit of help getting your head together. Make sure you fix the longer term problems/issues and if you need actual help, get some.

molgrips
    Free Member

I`m not really sure how all the amazon stuff works

Bloke comes round in a van and drops off a load of parcels. You then drive around and deliver them locally – from what I can tell, you can do this whenever you want on that day.

Cougar

Bloke comes round in a van and drops off a load of parcels.

My mate goes to the local distribution point to collect the deliveries.

wiggles
    Free Member

I know from experience that fixing the causes of my problems is the only way to sort it out. After tomorrow is over and done with that should be one big stress out the way hopefully, I’ve started making more effort to look after myself and shift some weight to try and get back a bit of confidence and hopefully once I get a job soon things will get a lot easier.

I wont forget this and If anyone needs any help/advice with any bike mechanical problems dont hesitate to get in touch as I owe you all.

gnusmas

Saw the thread at 3.00am this morning. Not that it needs saying but you and the kids come first. Sounds like you are already doing what you can to make sure they are ok through all of this, good on ya. Good luck with the court tomorrow, hope all goes well.

The reaction is amazing yet again, everyone here was there for me in more ways that can be imagined as you have probably read before.

This time i want to try and be at the giving end of it. My email is in my profile if you want to offload/have a chat. Quite happy to give you my mobile number also. If you ever find yourself in Carmarthen, give me a shout.

jsync

Wiggles, slightly random question, but what are you doing at Christmas, are you visiting folks or have the kids on your own? Reason being is my company Christmas bonus is a 6.5kg frozen turkey which I usually donate to my wife’s school for a (meat) raffle. The company has a site at Clearwell so I may be able to get it to you if you wanted. No worries if it’s not up your street.

wiggles
    Free Member

I`m going to be spending christmas with my parents and hopefully my kids (judge gets to decide who has them on xmas day) but thank you for the offer all the same.

jekkyl

It’s gone all dusty in here now.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Wiggles, sorry to hear life’s taking a turn. but keep your chin up and know that your family have your best interests at heart as do we all here. Good luck with court on friday. I could not see anything on the Amazon list so have just sent you over a little something via Paypal, while it may not be much i hope it helps where it’s needed. all the best, Anthony

jmatlock
    Free Member

Its never easy for guys to stick their hand up and say they are struggling with something. That’s why threads like this are so important, and the community on here rallies around and offers love and support ad anything they can do.

Make sure your kids stick some stuff on the Amazon wish list.

You’re doing well, keep your head up and keep us all posted. Don’t just disappear as people will worry.

binners

Wiggles – It wasn’t long ago that I was in pretty much exactly the same position as you. I know how hard it is. I don’t mind admitting I was borderline suicidal at times, and really struggling with my mental health.

But things WILL get better. As things did with me, i was able to look at things a bit more objectively, and I wrote this article that was published in the Magazine.

Now my life is fantastic, and I’ve never been happier. But I always find myself getting really anxious as we approach Christmas. The memories come back of that period when I knew I couldn’t afford presents for my kids, and it was going to be really really hard just to get through it. Just typing this now I can feel myself getting emotional about it. It was the lowest I’ve ever been in my life. But the attitudes shown on this thread, and what I touch on in my article were what saw me through it. People are great!

So keep going. It seems like your coping with things better than I did. It WILL get better. I promise you! And you WILL be happy again. If you ever need a chat with someone who’s been exactly where you are, just give me a shout

Oh… the bike I kept was an Intense too. A 5.5. Perhaps they should come up with some kind of marketing campaign 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks again guys just knowing that so many people actually care what happens to others is so great after the complete opposite feelings from going through the benefits system…

Hey Binners i`ll certainly take a read of that.

It is a 2015 Spider frame that I bought (last of the US made frames) and just built up over time, forks and shocks are made from spare parts from my previous employer and cost me nothing had a mate from the bike shop I worked in build me the wheels (hes way better than me with wheels) so I dont want to sell it as I haven’t used it and i`ll never be able to afford anything as nice now Im out of “the industry” but also wouldnt feel right selling things I had for free/done as favours

Has offset shock bushes and 160mm forks which gives a (measured) 64.7 degree head angle for anyone interested…

jmatlock
    Free Member

No one in power is going to help sadly, so all we can do as humans is form communities and help each other out whenever we can.

I battle depression daily and have struggled with thoughts of suicide before. Like Binners, I struggle a bit with feelings at Xmas time.

Threads like this warm the heart and make you realise the world may be awful but not all people are.

bearnecessities

I dropped you a PM early this morning about your JSA.

gnusmas

Sent you a message to the email in your profile.

footflaps

I needed a letter confirming my medication for the court case and he said it was £50 I explained that £50 was half of a weeks income for me and 2 children and It was literally going to be one sentence I needed from him and he said “sorry there is nothing I can do without the fee”

Have sent you money for this by PP.

Ben

jsync

I`m going to be spending christmas with my parents and hopefully my kids (judge gets to decide who has them on xmas day) but thank you for the offer all the same.

No worries, I hope you get chance to spend it with them, if not I’m sure you could do a 2nd.

Just a thought on the Amazon list, I think everyone would agree that there is only so much brightly coloured plastic your kids can have, so you may want to put some practical things on there too like clothes etc? Just an idea.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I have seen my GP, I had an awesome one a few months back who really helped but then he moved to norway… and his replacement is basically a drug prescribing robot in a suit

I needed a letter confirming my medication for the court case and he said it was £50 I explained that £50 was half of a weeks income for me and 2 children and It was literally going to be one sentence I needed from him and he said “sorry there is nothing I can do without the fee”

It sounds to me like your GP is being a ****

Try and get yourself an appointment with Citizens Advice. One of the advisors will be able to talk you through what you are entitled to from a benefits point of view. They will also usually write to your GP asking them to do the letter without the ridiculous fee.
    I only know about this as my Dad is a Citizens Advice advisor and he’s mentioned to me about assisting people in similar positions in the past.
    They also have the ability to refer you to food banks and things like that if they’re needed.

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions but I have managed to cope so far with selling off most of my bikes and some help from family I have been able to just about keep up with the stuff that is needed like clothes etc

Im fairly certain their mum has been buying them toys and stuff to keep at her house but has made no contributions to feeding/clothing them etc…

It gets to me a bit sometimes when I start to think they might prefer being with her even though they clearly arent her priority and their behaviour/school work has improved a lot since I have been looking after them and they are happy but at the end of the day they are just little kids so the fact their mums house has a playstation is always going to be appealing. Im sure eventually they will realise I was the one who gave up everything to care for them when it was needed.

Regarding the GP situation I was able to come to an agreement with the judge of just showing them my medication as proof as they agreed the doctor was being needlessly obstructive.

amedias
    Free Member

Im sure eventually they will realise I was the one who gave up everything to care for them when it was needed.

They WILL, remind yourself of that every day. Your kids won’t look back and remember who had a playstation, or whatever, they will remember the time they spent with you, the love you gave them and who was there for them when they needed it.

They won’t think less of you for having little cash or for struggling through hard times, they will think MORE of you, and even if they’re too young now to realise it, everyone here, and I’m sure all the people important to you, think it too.

Keep being awesome* wiggles, good luck!

* you might not think it, but you are.

wiggles
    Free Member

I dont think I will do the amazon list now as some of the money and offers I have had are unbeleiveable and I already feel like it is too much! Im tottally blown away.

Just to show it isnt all bad, here is a picture of us a few weeks ago when I took them to see some fireworks. I always have a good time with them its when I am on my own it starts to get to me more

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘General "my life sucks" rant’ is closed to new replies.