General "my life sucks" rant

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • General "my life sucks" rant
  • Premier Icon juanking
    Subscriber

Could someone post the paypal account details?

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Wiggles,

Having had depression and gone through the family courts twice in the past I can begin to imagine how hard it can be.

Lads look happy little scamps and they have a great Dad.

One day you may well look back on these times as having created an even stronger bond between you and the boys. Between themselves too.

All the best for the future bud!

wiggles

Thanks again guys, they are great pair of boys and keep me busy!

I also have a dog to keep me company when im on my own which honestly I think helps as well even if he does eat my pillows.

My other motive for posting the picture is because stuff like that made me realise how much weight I put on, I was 18 when I met the boys mother and weighed about 12.5-13 Stone then after a few years of work and having kids I was hovering around 16, since we split up and my head hasn’t been in a good place ive ended up at over 17! which I only realised when weighing myself for the first time in ages a few days ago, so it was a bit of a wake up call that I am responsible for my boys and I need to be around as long as possible so Im making a big effort to get back to a much healthier weight.

wiggles

Went to my parents for dinner tonight and told them about this and they couldn’t believe what’s happened you guys almost made my mum cry!

tinybits

Mate, don’t be a twonk. Put a list up for us. What is Christmas for if not for giving? It’s either someone who will appreciate it or some plastic tat for my kids (they get enough!)
    I’m happy if you put food on it – anything at all.

jambalaya

OP thanks for having the courage to share on here, that’s not easy. Great photo, keep that memory close and think of the others the future will bring

wiggles

Ill try and get the kids to make a list tomorrow.

Someone has very kindly offered me their old PS3 so if that is happening maybe some games for that?

I might have to spend all of tomorrow in court depending how long it lasts but will hopefully be back for when they finish school (my brother is on standby if not as doesnt have college in fridays) so they can have a look.

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

Have you thought about volunteering somewhere during school hours? Maybe become a school TA?? Charity shop etc…
    Not in the same position but retirement is looming and I am seriously considering where and what I can do as a volunteer. Not quite ready to stop work but physically cannot go on much longer doing what I do(manual job)

Premier Icon tenfoot
    Subscriber

If you get the PS3, I have some Lego games you are welcome to.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

another one offering help here….. email me can you, want to suggest something but don’t want to put you on the spot with it.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Wiggles . I hope the court visit goes well for you.
    Bravo stw.

Premier Icon Andy
    Subscriber

Wiggles ygm 😉

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Good luck today wiggles. You have my email if you want to chat. All the best

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Good luck to you mate. Your commitment to your kids will pay dividends for the rest of your natural. Bloody good on you for keeping it all together for them. They will grow up a credit to you I’m certain.

Keep on keeping on mate. When your going through hell….. Keep going.

trademark

All the best for today wiggles.

Premier Icon I_did_dab
    Subscriber

You might want to call into Newport Debt Center. CAP are experts in dealing with difficult financial and family situations, and give practical and emotional support as well as financial advice. Don’t be put off by the “Christians” bit, you don’t have to have any faith for them to help.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

It sounds to me like your GP is being a ****

Try and get yourself an appointment with Citizens Advice. One of the advisors will be able to talk you through what you are entitled to from a benefits point of view. They will also usually write to your GP asking them to do the letter without the ridiculous fee.

Also, the maximum that can be charged for records held 100% electronically (which many practices are now) is a tenner. So worth checking with the practice manager.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2635.aspx

It may be that the court would be prepared to accept these rather than a signed letter from a doctor.

burchill

This place is amazing.

Good luck for today!

This place never ceases to amaze me. Its stuff like this that gives you faith in (some of) humanity.
    OP keep your chin up mate

Premier Icon turboferret
    Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your situation, bunged a couple of quid over via PP, hopefully it helps a bit and things start to improve.

STW is an amazing collection of people 🙂

Cheers, Rich

Premier Icon rwb61
    Subscriber

Hope all goes well for you today, I know it can be terrible ordeal, but you are doing an amazing job for your children.

This is the first time I have dipped into this thread and I am blown away by the generosity of people who`s only connection is an internet forum. Bravo STW.

To the OP, I went through a similar situation about ten years ago. It felt like my entire world had collapsed at the time. But I can promise you that things will get easier/better in time. Focus on your kids but don’t forget about yourself, you need to look after number one, the rest will follow.

If you pm me your address I have some ps3 games I can post to you.

grenosteve

Awesome thread! Well done STW. 😀

All the best for today Wiggles.

wiggles

Thanks for all the messages again guys.

Court didn’t go as planned today, was supposed to be a final hearing but the person who compiled the report from social services (that recommend the kids stay with me) has been off sick and already delayed things once.

So the judge has ordered someone else to do another report which means I will be back in court at least another 2 times and not until next year. So things remain as they are for now which is ok but I just wanted things to be a bit more final by now…

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

WEll that’s good in a way as you’ve now got the kids with you till the new year i assume ?

wiggles

Same agreement in place for now I have them for all but 7hours of the week. Which means I have them Christmas day 🙂

This will be in place until Feb/march have to try and get my legal aid reassess now as I was willing to pay for 1 month but another 4 is taking the piss a bit (they “calculated” I can afford £90 a month) although having a barrister today would have cost me £1000s without it :0

poolman

Are you a Frasier fan? I just bought the whole 11 series box set, ok it was from a chazzer but it is still in the shrink wrap.

If you want it i ll post it to you when i get to uk in 2 weeks. Email in profile.

I don’t often comment on threads on here but everyone’s reaction is really heart warming.
    I’ve been through a divorce and a bout of anxiety/depression a couple of years ago when I lost my job so can very much sympathise with you.
    You mentioned you have gained weight and would like to get in shape. As well as being a keen cyclist I started running in February this year . In that time I’ve shifted nearly 3 stone and like cycling it’s very therapeutic. I joined a local club and also set up a Facebook group to set up local group runs. I often run with up to 10 others and have made a lot of new friends as well as the more obvious benefits of losing weight and improving my fitness. I am running my first half marathon in a week’s time. The improvement in my self belief has also been a massive benefit.
    Not saying that running is the answer but just putting this out there as an idea.
    Anyway all the best and hope you get on your feet again soon.
    Let us know if you need anything for your lads. As well as toys and games maybe we could donate clothes or shoes that our kids have grown out of?
    Let us know your PayPal details too.

wiggles

Thanks for the offer Poolman but I dont watch DVDs learnt a while ago discs dont last long when kids are around!

Jolly Green Giant – Thanks for the tips, I certainly may look at running once I have started to shift a few pounds.

Im doing ok at managing to buy things like clothes etc and my family are all getting things like that for them for xmas but thanks to all your donations I will be able to get them some more “want” stuff rather than just need.

Bunnyhop

Wiggles – I think you’re doing an amazing job holding everything together.
    Could I also commend you for not bad mouthing your ex to your children.

Someone mentioned the foodbank. Please get yourself signed up. You are the very person who should be benefitting from this. At this time of year the public are generous and give treats as well as the basic foods.

Also have you thought about becoming a mobile bike mechanic? (Even working from home).

Good luck.

wiggles

I have registered with a foodbank for the times I need it, I have done a few jobs here and there fixing bikes for friends etc but I dont have anywhere to work on them (live in a maisonette above a shop) and would cost a huge amount to set up properly with the tools etc and I honestly think you would have to work a lot more hours than I can manage to turn a profit in that business.

The kids have added a few things to the amazon list now for anyone interested, I have already been and bought some spare batteries etc for the RC cars I bought them so they can spend a bit longer using them without waiting for chargers at christmas which I certainly wouldnt have had the spare cash to do without everyones donations 🙂

Wiggles, I have a Micro Scalextric set that I was hoping to sell but if you want if for your boys for Christmas drop me a line and I’ll ship into to you.
    I’ve been on the receiving end of the generosity of members of this forum so I’m very happy to help you out, if it helps.
    It’s quite a small set up, far far faaaaaar less space needed than a regular set.
    Cops and robbers too!

Premier Icon juanking
    Subscriber

Right, the Amazon list is empty now. Tell the kids to get cracking! Also get your PayPal account posted please. Cheers.

pk13

dude put your PayPal details on here or pm the add. I can’t add anything to my basket one the wish list.

wiggles

My paypal is my email in my profile. But I will get the kids to add some more stuff to the amazon list tomorrow, they were struggling to think of anything more cant believe it has all been done already!

Premier Icon juanking
    Subscriber

Good. Tell the kids to get cracking, they are due for delivery next week. 2017 has been a testing year in the king household also but lets try to help each other when we can.

wiggles

Like i said guys if anyway needs any help with their bikes or some guiding (maybe not for a while until I get less fat haha) or advice on awesome trails in the SW area

pk13

don’t forget to look after yourself as well dude the kids need a fit and healthy dad

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Glad to hear that you’ve got your kids for Christmas and that the money donated is helping out. This place really is heart warming at times

tinybits

Can’t belive the list is empty already, I’m too slow! if you look into my posting history, you’ll see a certain love of whisky. If you put an odd bottle of something like that on your Amazon list, it’s clearly not for your kids, but I’d be very happy to send one over!
    This place drives me bloody spare sometimes, full of arguing idiots. Then you get a thread like this. Gives you a little bit of hope.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘General "my life sucks" rant’ is closed to new replies.