Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Garden party dilemma
  • GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Is the food and beer free? In which case I’m not sure what the issue is.

This. Eat some food and sink a few beers and try and have a nice afternoon.

Why the need to overcomplicate what seems to be incredibly straightforward.

Sandwich

unfortunately Binners we tried that once before and they came back, may require the “russian” solution.

We only removed a couple of heads, the French removed an awful lot of high-class heads in batches whereas we went down the pub after the first one as beer was on a two for one.

joshvegas
    Free Member

they probably generate more income than they cost both from tourism

Royal connected tourist attractions don’t even make it to the top 10 most visited attractions. If they royal family wants to be the royal family they shoudl do it out of their own enormous wealth which they have made on the back of the country propping them up for centuries.

Alternatively OP move to scotland, considerably less **** given about celebrating the whole embarrassment.

Rich_s

Royal connected tourist attractions don’t even make it to the top 10 most visited attractions

Huh? Clearly that’s incorrect.
    https://www.visitbritain.org/annual-survey-visits-visitor-attractions-latest-results

#1 ranked paid attraction in the UK is called “Royal…”

And that’s before you start thinking about “visitors” rather than tickets. Buck Palace is millions per year iirc. Mostly on the outside, granted.

Point is, the monarchy can’t be easily separated from the touristy stuff.

dudeofdoom

I think I dressed as Batman for the last one in ‘77.

Was a street party but tbh there wasn’t that many cars then but it was alright we had jelly 🙂

BigJohn

I’m not in favour of the royals, and I think it’ll be in rapid decline once Charles is king but going back to the 1st post – in what way isn’t the Queen magnificent?
    And in relation to another post – have you heard a brass band close up? Worth doing just the once.

ransos
    Free Member

They may well have been, but it was the French that truly unleashed its potential 😉

…on an indiscriminate slaughter of the bourgeoisie. You’d be screwed.

towzer

“ have you heard a brass band close up?”

Well he brings his trumpet to all our Xmas meals and I live near enough to hear him practising. Also we play walking football next to their clubhouse on band practise night every week.

I’d be more tolerant if he was in a Welsh male voice choir, now that does sound good.

dudeofdoom

Well he brings his trumpet to all our Xmas meals

Don’t think I’ve ever been to a meal whereby someone whips out a trumpet and plays a ditty 🙂

dudeofdoom

Tbh it’s a couple of hours of free beer and a chance to get a gammon take on life if your unlucky but everyone over 40 isn’t a gammon so you might meet someone entertaining.

There’ll be plenty of others there just to be social who aren’t ravaging monarchists.

(My take on parties an socials is that if you don’t make the effort then you don’t get the invites to anything and end up Johnny no friends)

joshvegas
    Free Member

Huh? Clearly that’s incorrect.

ha, yeah okay you have me there but what I meant wasdirectly linked as in “ooooh the queen lives here on HMG, expense”

I guess the tower of london would also go against me in a “oooh look this is where the muppets killed each other for power, hey guess what we still have a mnarchy how quaint” kind of a way.

What i was getting at is that the “royals as a tourist attraction” concept just doesn’t stack up. the HISTORY of the royals does but that doesn’t need them to actually be in existance. As footflaps mentioned, the French manage a fantastic tourism trade despite knocking the royal nonsense on the head aaaages ago.

in what way isn’t the Queen magnificent?

In what was IS she?She could have pulled the plug on Andy years ago but didn’t. The only royal i have a shred of sympathy for is Harry for telling them to do one. Charles talks a good talk about the enviornment but last I checked they still have nice big shooting estates which somewhat undermines his stance on the whole thing.

walowiz

@ads678

My daughter has one of these, could work

Lol – buying that for myself and the girls.

Edit: go, enjoy, drink & promote the republican views. It’s the outlaws, suspect they’ll expect it

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.