Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 879 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 7
  • swavis

Line of the episode has to go to the Hound…

You’re not fooling anyone with that top knot, bald ….

😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Jesus – that cameo – there was almost a comedy turn to camera moment!
    No more of that please.

I can’t think of a more poorly judged bit of camera work in the entire series. It was comically bad and took you right out of the scene, which itself was a bit clumsy. I get that they were trying to bring Arya back from cold blooded killer to having some level of compassion for the people that get in her way but it was way too forced.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Watched it last night.

It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

ocrider

Still, blackberry wine’s got to be better than ginger chips. All this talk of Sheeran, but nobody mentions Shaun from This Is England; the real star amongst the Lannister soldiers.

chakaping
    Free Member

All this talk of Sheeran, but nobody mentions Shaun from This Is England;

I was a bit disappointed she didn’t have to kill them all.

Not a bad opener, but unusually dull and portentous in a couple of places.

And WTF was up with the Sam bedpan training montage?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I think that was to explain him cracking and getting the books from behind the locked door.

It’s not in his nature to be so bold.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think that was to explain him cracking and getting the books from behind the locked door.

It’s not in his nature to be so bold.

Yes you’re probably right there.

I was WTFing at the dizzying editing style being so out of place in the show.

stevied
    Free Member

Yep, sat down to watch whilst having tea. He wasn’t the only one gagging…the wife isn’t a fan of seeing that sort of thing whilst eating sausage, mash and gravy 😯
    Saw Ed She-Ra and couldn’t help myself shouting “Oh, FFS, not that annoying sh*t, he gets everywhere”. Was hoping he’d have his larynx cut out but Little Miss Stark but alas, was not to be..yet 🙁

ocrider

It’s going to happen, eventually and there will be cheers and applause in this household when she does the deed

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty funny, liked how the stew didn’t seem to change much regardless of whether it was being served or er… disposed of.

I read it as being a shorthand way of showing that Sam was so low down the pecking order that it would take years of menial tasks before he’d reach a point that he could access the locked away books. Knowing he didn’t have years he went against character and invented the concept of a lending library.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Needed more violence and nudity

spawnofyorkshire

The annoying thing about the Ed Sheeran cameo was that it drew attention away from Thomas Turgoose as one of the Lannister soliders. He’s a bloody brilliant young actor and i hope he’s in a few more episodes now

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah the bedpan montage went on a bit too long for my liking but at least it had a purpose unlike the presence of Ed Sheeran.

fisha
    Free Member

The turn to camera was the worst bit. I wouldn’t have minded him being a part of the group in general, but that look over … so out of place. Similarly, the bed pan montage cuts really felt out of place too. They could have had the same effect by cutting to him doing a round between each main scene … so that throughout the episode you realise the trudgery of it.

holdsteady

someone in Westeros needs to invent the mountain bike (preferably in Valyrian steel), looks like there is an abundance of great bridleways and mountains to ride

akira

I’m wondering what the population of the GOT universe is, they seem to have massive battles where thousands die then a few weeks later the same again. By this stage there should only be about twelve people left.

footflaps

By this stage there should only be about twelve people left.

Yes after Battle of the Bastards, John Snow only has about 50 men left inc Wildlings to defend the entire wall…

Stanis army – all dead
    Ramsay army – all dead
    John Snow’s army – nearly all dead
    Wildlings – nearly all dead

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bothans – all dead

akira

The GOT version of Amazon prime must do fully fledged armies.

zilog6128

Yes after Battle of the Bastards, John Snow only has about 50 men left inc Wildlings to defend the entire wall…

not quite, as he’s now united the North & now has soldiers from the houses who wouldn’t send any (or only a few) men before (Glover, Mormont, etc) plus the now loyal traitorous houses (Karstarks & the other one)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Freys – all dead

They do have Little Fingers Knights of the Vale who didn’t appear to take huge losses in the battle of the bastards.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ye Gods that Sheeran scene went wrong didn’t it? On the one hand they could have done a homage to the previous seasons Hound + chickens scene, and then on the other hand, what we actually get is Busking Red Ed cheesing it up. Thanks for that. 3/10, and that much only because of Shaun of England.

Rest of Episode, 9/10.

I didn’t mind the stew-pan montage, it added a note of comedy to the whole affair.

Xerxes, sorry, Cersei, looking increasingly bonkers, if she wasn’t already mad enough. It’s a race between Jaime and Arya for her head.

akira

The thing with GOT is that it conditions you to expect the worst, when no one died horribly in the ed sheeran scene I was slightly shocked.

tenfoot

I found this intriguing

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-premiere-dragonstone-valonqar

Don’t look at it if you don’t want future spoilers (or conjecture!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well thats Ep2 done and dusted, pace picked up a little there and the wage bill trimmed 🙂

Wasn’t sure which was it was going to go in the battle but I guess the new boy gets his time. Be interesting to see if Arya makes it back north before big sis does something monumentally stupid 🙂

All in another good one but they could have made it 90mins and given each story a little more time

zokes
    Free Member

I’m wondering what the population of the GOT universe is, they seem to have massive battles where thousands die then a few weeks later the same again. By this stage there should only be about twelve people left.

Presumably they breed at a similar rate to the victims in Midsommer Murders

jimdubleyou

Just watched ep2.

Yay boobs
    Yay embarrassing bodies (nasty rash that).
    Yay fighting

ocrider

What a delightful Monday afternoon pause that made!
    That cut from Samwell peeling off Mormont’s pustuleous greyscale to what looked like potato gratin was even more gruesome than the bedpan-stew montage last week.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

HOT PIE!!!

jimdubleyou

That cut from Samwell peeling off Mormont’s pustuleous greyscale to what looked like potato gratin was even more gruesome than the bedpan-stew montage last week.

I wonder if that will be a recurring theme for the season- cuts between gross out bodily functions & food?

greentricky
    Free Member

That cutting off the skin bit was grim

I do enjoy Littlefinger lurking around in the background

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m just impressed with Euron’s ye olde radar. Finding Yara Greyjoy’s fleet in the middle of the ocean, at night and on a course they couldn’t have known about. Ingenious.

I’m starting to think the whole place is the size of a postage stamp given all the chance encounters/last minute saves over the seasons.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Almost needed rum to watch the skin removal, looked horrific, and we only saw a tiny fraction coming off.

jimjam
    Free Member

It’ll be worth it so that Ser Freindzone can live to pine unrequitedly another day.

Jamie
    Free Member

Honestly, I kinda want to see Dany lose.

Just seems very entitled, and it means I’ll be spared any more slo-mo staring into the middle distance.

swavis

Jamie – Member

I’m just impressed with Euron’s ye olde radar. Finding Yara Greyjoy’s fleet in the middle of the ocean, at night and on a course they couldn’t have known about. Ingenious

Yes, I just felt this was a little too forced to fit with the story. Surely Yara’s fleet would’ve spotted them and even after discovery they’d have put up some sort of fight, but it seemed as if they only had about a half dozen ships rather than hundreds that were shown at the end of series 6 😕

The rest was brilliant though 😀

stevedoc
    Free Member

It seemed very rushed almost like far to many story lines coming together to quickly with massive time jumps…

Enjoyed boobs

FuzzyWuzzy

The scale to pie transition was genius, much better than the previous episodes shit to stew montage. It’s a shame the dire wolf didn’t stick around but I’m sure will feature again to save Arya at some point in the future.

Theon’s still interesting, I’m glad he didn’t just transition into a hero that saves the day, can’t say I’d want to be in his shoes now though (or actually at any point given what he’s been through).

90 minute episodes would be good, there’s so many story threads going on now it’s starting to get obvious they’re just covering important facts when they switch to each one, a bit of filler and character development like in the first couple of seasons is a good thing. It’s still working now mostly because they already spent the time developing the characters in the past so we’re already invested in them but wouldn’t hurt to continue with it a bit more.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also, it looked to me like Euron got stabbed about 10 times, quite severely, yet it didn’t slow him down or seem to have any longterm effect.

I’d rather see what the Hound and Paul Kaye are getting up to than Greyworm and Missandei scissoring.

It seemed very rushed almost like far to many story lines coming together to quickly with massive time jumps…

Agree.

“I’ve sent a raven”
    *next scene*
    “I’ve received a raven”

anagallis_arvensis

Arya’s “not you”?
    Does that mean she is still no one, so not a Stark and not going to go back to Winterfell?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 879 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 7’ is closed to new replies.