Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 879 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 7
  • anagallis_arvensis

I’d rather see what the Hound and Paul Kaye are getting up to than Greyworm and Missandei scissoring.

You sick puppy!

Jamie
    Free Member

Dirty dog 8)

Edit: Nice headline.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Arya’s “not you”?
    Does that mean she is still no one, so not a Stark and not going to go back to Winterfell?

Read around as the Wolf is not one for being domestic, “It’s not you” like you/in your nature

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Is grey worm what he has been left with?

Anyway.

The Euron Yara takeover was dodgy, he’s looking like this seasons Terminator, invincible to swords and with built in infrared and radar and able to (1) mosey right on up to the commander of the fleet’s warship without anyone else noticing, and (2) stand on the end of that gangplank while it dropped about two storeys, and (3) set fire to the fleet whilst his is seemingly made of asbestos, before casually sauntering off into the night again. Uh huh. What’s he doing with his other hand? Writing poetry.

The Hot Pie bit was somewhat contrived. Is there seriously only one pub between the North and Kings Landing?

Everything else, 9/10.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is there seriously only one pub between the North and Kings Landing?

It’s the only inn at the crossroads between three of the main thoroughfares of Westeros – Kingsroad to the north, the river road to the East and the High road to the Vale of Arryn to the west.

Not very surprising that many characters pass through there.

johnx2
    Free Member

It’s the only inn at the crossroads between three of the main thoroughfares of Westeros – Kingsroad to the north, the river road to the East and the High road to the Vale of Arryn to the west.

Not very surprising that many characters pass through there.

What is surprising is that the roof isn’t flat.

I do enjoy Littlefinger lurking around in the background

to be sure, begorrah…

jimdubleyou

Read around as the Wolf is not one for being domestic, “It’s not you” like you/in your nature

Funny, I read as it wasn’t her wolf. The wolf just knew that she was connected to another wolf…

But I think your way could make more sense.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I wonder if all the Starks (Sansa, Bran, Arya) will club together in Winterfell and give JS the cold shoulder if he cosies up to Dany too much whilst he’s away?

Jamie
    Free Member

I may have to draw the line at telepathic wolves.

Or not. Sounds kind of awesome.

tenfoot

Is grey worm what he has been left with?

Well, he is one of the Unwillied.

zilog6128

Funny, I read as it wasn’t her wolf. The wolf just knew that she was connected to another wolf…

I took it to mean that it was her wolf, and it recognised her (hence not eating her face off) but also that she’d changed so much it didn’t feel any bond with her any more. I think this change was foreshadowed by demanding ale in the pub earlier (and, you know, murdering 100 people or whatever in the previous ep).

EDIT: I’ve just remembered that she also told the wolf to get lost in season 1, so maybe the wolf is returning the lack of loyalty!

I wonder if all the Starks (Sansa, Bran, Arya) will club together in Winterfell and give JS the cold shoulder if he cosies up to Dany too much whilst he’s away?

it’ll be interesting to see what happens when they (and indeed JS himself) realise that he’s actually a Targaryen by blood, although since he still has Stark blood also I can’t see them turning away from him. I think, thanks to his experiences in the Watch, he’s one of the view characters who’s transcended the petty battle between houses already so I think he’ll carry on fighting for the greater good. He’s said many times that he has no interest in ruling.

I agree with the above poster that Daenerys isn’t really a goody yet as she’s too concerned with her “birthright” of ruling (so in that sense no better than most others) although I think when she meets with JS and learns the truth of the white walkers, etc, she will ultimately join him. Varys made it very clear this episode he was on the side of the people, and the fact that he didn’t get his head chopped off means Daenerys probably agrees with him!

The Euron Yara takeover was dodgy

yep, he’s pretty awesome though, so I’ll let it slide! Besides there are only 12 episodes left to wrap everything up so there’s no time for slow-boiling plots any more!

hols2
    Free Member

Arya’s “not you”?

Explained here

zilog6128

^^^ that makes sense! How are we supposed to remember that far back though, lol

jimdubleyou

^^^ that makes sense! How are we supposed to remember that far back though, lol

+1.

I’m having trouble remembering what I had for breakfast, let alone Season 1…

brassneck
    Mowgli
    Free Member

So it wasn’t Yara hanging off the front of the ship then? Still chance for more Ellaria/Yara romance which was so rudely interrupted?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

So it wasn’t Yara hanging off the front of the ship then? Still chance for more Ellaria/Yara romance which was so rudely interrupted?

Wasn’t it Ellaria skewered on a spike and the last sandsnake hanging from the front of the ship?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Wasn’t it Ellaria skewered on a spike and the last sandsnake hanging from the front of the ship?

Obara – speared with her own spear
    Nymeria – hung by her own whip.

Ellaria, Tyene ( the Third Sand Snake) and Yara Greyjoy were still alive when last we saw them

theotherjonv

PP of the verb to hang meaning to execute by hanging is hanged.

Hanged by her own whip.

I’ve had people flayed for less.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

No, she’ll be taken to Cersei as a wedding gift, to be fed to the Mountain / Qyburn / Jaime / hungry ants / etc.

perchypanther
    Free Member

PP of the verb to hang meaning to execute by hanging is hanged.

Hanged by her own whip.

I’ve have people flayed for less.

She wasn’t killed by hanging though, was she?

She was killed…… and then hung

schrickvr6
    Free Member

So the nerd gets outnerded!

I totally agree with others thoughts on things feeling forced, for me it started when the TV series overtook the books, whereas before everything flowed very organically from A to B to C etc stories now jump from A to Z, or make use of Rocky training montages to show a long period of time has passed. I just hope the “half man” wins as such, but I have a horrible feeling he’ll sacrifice himself for the greater good.

theotherjonv

Ah, but……….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

even when it only forms part of the execution / aftermath (the hanging in the above was only a prelude) it’s still hanged.

Ergo, as it was part of the killing and subsequent display of the foxy S&M sexpert it remains ‘hanged’ in my book.

30:15

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

so who’s in the running to be the promised prince(ss)?

contenders –
    snow
    danny

outsiders –
    jaime
    tyrion
    davos
    sam ‘the surgeon’ tarly
    sansa
    arya

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hanged drawn and quartered i’ll give you because the hanging comes first.

It would be Drawn , quartered and hung though.

Hung like pheasant or dry aged beef.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging_(meat)

30 all 🙂

theotherjonv

She’s not being hung out there to tenderise though, she’s being hanged off the front of the ship as part of the posthumous punishment / a warning to others.

40:30

perchypanther
    Free Member

Strictly speaking she was gibbeted in which case my original point stands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbeting

Deuce

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Was outnerded correct or should it have been outnerderized?

Jamie
    Free Member

Some say Theon is still swimming…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hkn-LSh7es[/video]

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yes, I just felt this was a little too forced to fit with the story. Surely Yara’s fleet would’ve spotted them and even after discovery they’d have put up some sort of fight, but it seemed as if they only had about a half dozen ships rather than hundreds that were shown at the end of series 6 ?

Yeah… Although I did geek out last week and look at the map of where Dary sailed, and wondered how she missed Euron’s fleet. Seems she didn’t.

Also, it looked to me like Euron got stabbed about 10 times, quite severely, yet it didn’t slow him down or seem to have any longterm effect.

Yeah again… He did seem to take quite a pasting.

theotherjonv

conceded

perchypanther
    Free Member

Some say Theon is still swimming…..

Nah,…..Gendry picked him up in his rowing boat.

zilog6128

Yeah… Although I did geek out last week and look at the map of where Dary sailed, and wondered how she missed Euron’s fleet.

lol. I also looked up a map, saw how close they were, then thought NO, THAT IS TOO MUCH NERDAGE and stopped worrying about it 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

lol. I also looked up a map, saw how close they were, then thought NO, THAT IS TOO MUCH NERDAGE and stopped worrying about it

😆

Hey, I love maps. Even fictional ones!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Damn the insanely hot sisters are dead

Jamie
    Free Member

Just for you…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Haha cheers

jimjam
    Free Member

howsyourdad1 – Member

I think one of them is still alive (for now), but insanely annoying sisters. But hot yes.

Jamie
    Free Member

They were nice, but they’re no Brienne of Tarth.

(yup 10mb gif cause this backwater doesn’t support HTML5 video)

jimjam
    Free Member

Too much clunky expositiony dialogue in these last few episodes. Also, I found it slightly incongruous that everyone in Westeros now just accepts that there are Dragons again. No questions, no skepticism.

IIRC in series one there was a complete dismaissal of anyone every seeing dragons again, indeed they weren’t even convinced they were ever real. Now Cersei says there are dragons and all of her bannermen just believe it.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 879 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 7’ is closed to new replies.