• This topic has 73 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Friday survey. What makes your heart sink?
  • docgeoffyjones

A plate of scotch eggs that have all been cut in half.

chvck
    Free Member

Sitting down with your legs humming after a longish ride.

Saw this in the heart sing thread. Not being able to experience this feeling anymore for me.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Losing a Tyne / Wear derby to Sunderland ..

Thankfully that isn’t going to happen for a good few years 😁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When an old biking buddy tells you he’s bought a fat bike/gravel bike. Then evangelises about how they  really are amazing you know, can do everyfink better than all my otherer bikes….

bikebouy
    Free Member

<div class=”bbcode-quote”>

MAWCB’s

</div>
    Pardon my ignorance – what is one of those?

Middle

Aged

Whiney

Cock

Bags.

I didn’t invent the terminology, it’s been used in here for years. (I expect the 4th word to be asterisked out)

scaredypants

Middle

Class

Whiney

Cock

Bags

scaredypants

as to what makes my heart sink:

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> etc

vongassit
    Free Member

The fact that Idiocracy is now a reality that is gathering momentum by the day.

arrpee
    Free Member

People I’d hitherto liked and respected using the phrase “Everything happens for a reason.”.

funkmasterp

Looking at my bank balance.

aP
    Free Member

Can you just….

1. draw this?

2. discount your price by about 50%?

3. do this thing as well?

4. move the spine wall by 15mm?

Oh, did I forget to give you the tolerance for verticality?

If the meeting wasn’t minuted then I never said that.

metalheart
    Free Member

waking up.

sargey

The thought of work on Monday .

bearnecessities

Agile.

RustySpanner

Humpback bridges, rollercoasters etc…..

davosaurusrex

The Ingham Family. Particularly Chris. “It’s so fresh guys! I’m super excited! It tastes so good!”.

dday

Motorbikes racing their loud crotch rockets past my house. Four deaths in the last 10 months on that stretch of road – all under 25 yo. Why won’t they learn?

Saccades
    Free Member

When that **** prick starts pissing about with the plumbing on hplc 12.

jeffl

When I’m out in town in the day and see parents with young kids (2-6) who clearly don’t give a crap about their kids. Either letting then roam around near busy roads, being ignored, fed crappy food, being screamed at etc.

Those poor kids have the odds stacked against them from the start and it worries me what they’re going to end up like in future life 🙁

singletrackmind

People throwing   rubbish out of car windows.

Adults ignoring children whilst being  dicking around  with their phones

People who keep their phone(s) on the table in front them at dinner , and  are so addicted they snatch it every time it bleeps

People refusing to stop to let old people cross the road. / getting irate when I do.

Hearing about the 90 year old who got beaten in a robbery at her house.

Ambrose

‘The thought and action of actually ringing TalkTalk 🙁’

Oh how I feel your pain. What a bunch of incompetents. They are an organisation (in the loosest meaning of the word) who are supposedly meant to be there to help us communicate. A bunch of seemingly illiterate half- wits who don’t even communicate with each other.

Two recent instances

1 My 24 month contract is up, so I am offered an introductory loyalty discount on a new contract at a premium increased by 40%. despite having repeatedly told them I’m not interested. Repeatedly. especially when my broadband connection is currently running at a totally spiffing! 14.9 mps. Last week it was at 5.0 mps.

2 In relation to the poor BB speed, it was agreed that TalkTalk would call me on my home number between 18:00 and 21:00 tonight. So they called me at work, on my (set to silent) mobile. And then left a nice text to let me know that because they were unable to contact me they would close the complaint issue. Unless of course I contacted them, which I later did. I ended up talking to some corporate-speaking operative who offered me mindless platitudes and promised that I would be contacted once I was at home, at the previously agreed time, on the agreed number, so that work to sort the fault could be done. Have they contacted me? Have they ****.

As I wrote above, a bunch of incompetents.

Klunk
    Free Member

Yak

Another injury. Especially when you have just got over the previous one. Dammit.

Onzadog
    Free Member

People. Generally, it’s all down to people.

DezB
    Free Member

Two (count them! 2!!!) threads on STW about a tv programme for morons is quite depressing really.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

ThePilot
    Free Member

The human race

teef
    Free Member

When anyone says “Today’s busy lives” – why are our lives any busier today than they where in the past?

teef
    Free Member

When a politician says “Hard Working families” – what’s wrong with lazy families?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What The Pilot said.

winston
    Free Member

Any member of the Johnson clan popping up in the media and opening their mouth

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bloody Stupid Johnson?

Jack Johnson?

mariner
    Free Member

Adverts with an american accent – no wait – adverts with an american whinny accent – arrrhg wait – adverts with an american whinny accent and rising pitch intonation.

Pook

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Friday survey. What makes your heart sink?’ is closed to new replies.