• This topic has 73 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Friday survey. What makes your heart sink?
  • binners

For me, with the exception of professional musicians I’ve paid to see, it’s watching anyone in close proximity to my ears pick up an acoustic guitar

It is always, without exception, absolutely bloody awful. Someone nearby is presently confirming this. Its like someone scraping a corpse down a blackboard

You? What, whenever you witness it, causes a little part of you to die?

nbt

Oh god, where to start..

Without picking on specific people, generalities such as

* Football

* Love Island and other such vacuous “entertainment” TV

* The Daily Mail

*Car-pointing (F1 racing)

theotherjonv

when the phone rings, I look at the screen and a particular name / number is on the display (work related)

I know i have to take the call; but I know once it’s over I’ll feel like I’ve had a bollocking, whether I’ve actually had one or not.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Celebrities or children rapping. In fact anyone other than rappers rapping and even then it’s often hit or miss.

Drac

It’s a pretty dark place that makes my heart sink.

wwaswas

Friday Surveys.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dogs Barking

Dog Owners who leave Dog SHit everywhere in teeny bags for someone else to remove

Whining Teenagers

Stroppy Kids who incessantly cry “I want Mummy/Daddy”

Cattle that die during birthing time

This early middle age entitlement thing that has caught the nation by storm

Breiteers (obvz)

Old people who drive around in SUV’s in “Green Mirror Reflective Sports Sunglasses”

MAWCB’s who wear those long 3/4 length “shorts” in a taupe/beige M&S colourway and a t-shirt thats 14 times too large for them

Whining singers, particularly R&B whaling/nee screaming some tortuous words that don’t fit the song.. Women singers are particularly bad at this, Mariah Carey is the one to blame

Chicken, any form, any variety unless it’s organic free range.

Students that have no passion

Workplace meetings on a Friday

molgrips
    Free Member

This is why I never play my guitar when anyone else can hear me.

But for me, it’s my current project, at a place that’s doing a project related to Brexit.  So they keep talking about Brexit this and that – referring to the project.  But every time I hear the word my heart sinks.

jag61

At the moment the ‘entertainers’ on church st Liverpool  4 within 50 m each playing a different genre  all combining to just  make noise. If your walking past all ok .. ooh thats good, however trapped on site opposite M & S all we can hear is the same Noise all Day .Now have the sinking M62 on a Friday feeling.. wish me luck.

Drac

@bikebouy

U Ok hun?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

James Corden

jekkyl

that moment after descending a bumpy descent where it occurs to me that my phone might have fallen out of my pocket, it’s that moment between thinking about it and before you touch it, when you still might have lost it.

my infant’s daughter’s howl through the baby monitor.

Harry_the_Spider

Brexit Britain.

Everything else is temporary.

DezB
    Free Member

Amusing that I have a “rapper” rapping to acoustic guitar music going on in my earphones as I read this thread 😀

Acoustic guitar can be the most beautiful sound in the world!

My heart sinks if I see any second of Eastenders on the telly. To think of the millions watching that utter tripe and learning how to live their lives from it.

fossy

The boiler not working last weekend.  ££££££££

Nearly phoned an engineer, then decided to pop the covers off whilst the missus was out. Nothing more than a coked up ignition and earth.  Sorted.  Saved the clenched teeth ‘can’t get parts for this’ answer.

jamesoz

Sudden silence in a Server room, only worsened by a whooshing sound.

hels
    Free Member

The theme tune to The Archers.

The All Blacks playing France in the Rugby World Cup Finals.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Archers theme tune +1 see also Eastenders theme tune. Ruins my evening if I forget to mute/switch channels in time.

fasthaggis

The inability of the masses to pause in their instant gratification addiction.

The greed and cruelty of some people for short term gains and their ‘couldn’tgiveashittery’ attitude.

The praying on vulnerable groups in this current climate, see above.

But, hey it’s Friday,the sun is shining and I have some top tunes to listen to on the way home.

PEACE 🙂

matt_outandabout

Celebrity culture, soap operas, most newspapers and entitled parents in faux-by-faux delivering their children to another hour of school after school hours (I work opposite the Kip McGrath office), bills on cars.

edlong
    Free Member

MAWCB’s

Pardon my ignorance – what is one of those?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Not being able to swim

nbt

Middle

Aged

White

Collar

Boxers

????

surfer
    Free Member

Being asked to present. I am in a senior position so it happens quite a lot and I dont particularly like standing in front of large groups. Ironically it is often the “thought” of the giving the presentation rather than the event itself, which tend to go OK.

I <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>much prefer being “ambushed” and asked to explain/summarise something etc. go figure!</span>

Drac

The inability of the masses to pause in their instant gratification addiction.

tazzymtb

when people I mistakenly thought were pretty decent, functioning human beings turn out to be rabid EDL, “tommy robinson is a hero of the people, etc..” knuckle dragging fascists

martinhutch

it’s watching anyone in close proximity to my ears pick up an acoustic guitar

I see your guitar, and raise you a eukalele. In a campsite just as you’re settling in for a mellow evening.

That and any of the Nationwide ‘poetry’ ads.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

This is number one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44410824

In the past these below … But not anymore … I ignore them.

Threads based on Music, Surfing and Devon on here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

People using Faceache/Twatter etc. to prove how they are completely above any of the plebs.

It’s up there with the opening line from the Vegan Crossfitters…..

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Stuck in traffic and then watching the blue lights go past….

For so many reasons……😥

DezB
    Free Member

Threads based on Music.. on here.

Me too. The one’s I’m not involved in anyway.

scud
    Free Member

i love my daughter (8 years of age) but her love of the You-Tuber “celebrity”, these are just people with huge egos who think we want to listen to them saying what they ate for tea, or doing it clearly just to get free stuff.

Linked to the above, (i love America as a country but..) THAT American accent that is 99% whine…

Any record that is all auto-tune….

Ed Sheeran when he raps..

Bear bloody Grylls…

I could go on all day to be honest.

SaxonRider

1. The Daily Mail

2. Self-absorbed drivers

3. Self-absorbed people in general

4. Brexit (yes, even now. I don’t want to make a political point, as I know that some people have legitimate problems with aspects of the EU; but the implications of Brexit, and what it does to the noble idea of a united Europe after WW2, is heart-breaking)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Dying family, friends and pets.

Anything else I can resolve to my satisfaction.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Watching the clock on a Friday afternoon while realising that I get picked up on Sunday to be on an exhibition stand in Germany all next week.

Going to miss my babies.

Going to miss my bikes.

Going to have to have the same conversation about pumps with many people over the week.

wwaswas

BadlyWiredDog

People who have an inability to distinguish between things that they think or believe to the true and actual evidence-based fact to the point where they unleash borderline abuse on others simply for not having the same opinion as them.

And I’ll fight any of you losers who disagrees with me 🙂

I_did_dab
    Free Member

people using sellotape to stick posters up depresses me too. Think of the paintwork…

redthunder
    Free Member

The thought and action of actually ringing TalkTalk 🙁

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Folks that sing with an acoustic guitar, but to make it “better” they also have to do that drum slapping shit on the body of the guitar

Trump’s face

Those family stickers on the backs of cars, especially when they try to be clever about it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Friday survey. What makes your heart sink?’ is closed to new replies.