• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 637: The Warranty Edition
  • charliedontsurf

This in the ‘kin-tro… A bit like the flippin-tro but just that little bit coarser. Because we all just want to go out and ride our ATBs today, let’s dive straight into FGF!

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 637: The Warranty Edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

desperatebicycle

“The Warranty Edition” made me laff.

That Bird is a great looking bike. I’ll never need to buy a 160mm travel machine, but if I did.. 🙂

IdleJon

I haven’t seen a QR seat clamp on a bike in years. Decades maybe.

ryanmart96
    Free Member

Looking forward to the review of the Bird and see how stacks up against the competition

benpinnick

We don’t actually sell them, we do however fit them to demo/Journo bikes because its easier for all concerned!

darlobiker

Be very careful giving bum butter as a valentine’s gift. At least make sure the recipient knows what it is.

sharkattack

I love the idea of a full Formula spec Bird. I keep speccing them up on the website and bottling it!

v7fmp

yup, this has me interested in the Bird again (as i am in the market for something long travel for those trips to the Alps).

When might a review be dropping?

Or does anyone else have one?

chakaping
    Free Member

Thought you’d got a pic of my bike for a second there.

Or does anyone else have one?

Feel free to drop me a line.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I like the look of the headset thing, not for the angle adjust so much but just for putting proper cups back into an integrated frame.

chakaping
    Free Member

I like the look of the headset thing, not for the angle adjust so much but just for putting proper cups back into an integrated frame.

Both in fact. Looks a very satisfying product.

Bit like the FSA metal sleeve that converted my old BB30 Enduro 29 to standard BSA (and that was only £20).

chipps

Not really. The new 9point8 cups still take the same drop-in bearings, they’ve just moved them out of the frame. I don’t see what advantage a zero degree version (which they don’t make – yet?) would give over your existing frame’s headset cups? Apart from increasing your effective fork length a tad…

matt_outandabout

Bobble And Bum Butter Valentines Bundle

The work of a genius.

😁

bootsy

‘We’re still debating what to call the bike test. Brit Bruisers? WTF is Enduro Anyway? The Return To All Mountain?’

I’d call it the FAF (Fast as F@ck) test…

Del

the valentine’s package looks ideal for those al fresco adventures…

i’ve run a 9.8 adjuster on a chameleon. it did the job but ideally you’ll want a second set of hands to fit it or a couple of 3d printed doodads to hold both cups for rotation while you do up the centre piece that binds it all together. it’s nicely made but due to the lack of either add-ons (i suspect) mine creaked/clicked. yes i used copious amounts of carbon paste and loctite. as it goes the chameleon died for reasons unrelated to HA and was warranty replaced with a new one that had the angles i’d achieved with the 9.8 setup so all was good.

i might fit it to the new one one day but i’ll do some printing first! 😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I don’t see what advantage a zero degree version (which they don’t make – yet?) would give over your existing frame’s headset cups?

I just don’t like cupless headsets. So I guess the “advantage” would be much the same as one paint job vs another. Which is to say bigly advantageous.

Del

tthew

My Whyte hardtail came with a QR and a dropper! 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.